U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 04:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shogun121
Well then Cirtix did:

Page 1
Actually the detail is in the fine print...

3 running modes (Forward with brake “ No Reverse”, Forward with brake “reverse after FULL Stop” and Direct Forward/reverse with brake) (note 2).
"Note 2" is the second point on page 3...

Note 2: For Cirtix series (RHINO, INSPIRE 2.0, D-Manager 2.0, Short Course Master) , There are special running modes (Forward with reverse)
Stock Club Race isn't mentioned in Note 2.

At best it's confusing, I do agree, but there is no reverse in the Cirtix "Stock Club Race" ESC. (I do wish it was there, for self marshaling when your practicing by yourself. It seems like something REALLY easy to include. *sigh*)
Old 09-07-2011, 05:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
No actually dial drag brake into your car. It's faster.

You'd be surprised how much time you pick up when you don't overshoot everything.
really?...Ill give it a try....
Old 09-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by @Art_Mighty
Actually the detail is in the fine print...

"Note 2" is the second point on page 3...

Stock Club Race isn't mentioned in Note 2.

At best it's confusing, I do agree, but there is no reverse in the Cirtix "Stock Club Race" ESC. (I do wish it was there, for self marshaling when your practicing by yourself. It seems like something REALLY easy to include. *sigh*)
+1 I tried to look for the foot notes that included the stock club esc and only found that heading
Old 09-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks Fella's for clearing that up....more or less
To darned confusing for me, I'll say it again....Think I'll stick with Novak.
Man, I can't imagine being a new driver and having to go through that. SP really needs to clean up that mess. Really appreciate the help though !!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Man, I can't imagine being a new driver and having to go through that. SP really needs to clean up that mess. Really appreciate the help though !!
The program card caught me off guard too, but I love my SP Citrix, and wouldn't trade it for any of the other SC on the list. I went from a Tekin RS to the SP Citrix and didn't fall off one tenth........ So there's what you're really looking for.. Buy the SP and a program card you won't be sorry.

JG
Old 09-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Unless I missed something there's NO reverse on the Cirtix ESC. Now that being said, I just put one in my car and the acceleration is SNAPPY! I would like to try an EDGE at some point but at the moment I'm happy.
Definitely no reverse on the Cirtix (the VTA approved model anyway.)

Brakes were discussed a few posts back.. brakes on the Cirtix are *bad*, getting rid of ours and going another route when asphalt season is over.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Sure!

(it was a pain in the butt going thru all of that, now that being said the Citrix is much lighter and smaller than the Havoc it's replacing and like I mentioned before the car is MUCH "quicker on the draw" then it was with the Novak installed. gobs of punch...)
Old 09-07-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
Definitely no reverse on the Cirtix (the VTA approved model anyway.)

Brakes were discussed a few posts back.. brakes on the Cirtix are *bad*, getting rid of ours and going another route when asphalt season is over.
The drag brake seems fine, I don't normally use the brakes much in a race. What do you mean when you say they are "bad".

(go easy on the "no brakes" comment, I've only been at this for about 9 months! )
Old 09-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

The drag brake seems fine, I don't normally use the brakes much in a race. What do you mean when you say they are "bad".

(go easy on the "no brakes" comment, I've only been at this for about 9 months! )
My primary complaint is low-speed braking, it just isn't there. To take that to an extreme, if pulling up to the starting line or pulling off the track after a race at some point the car just rolls (and rolls and rolls) until i hit something, full brake on the radio the whole time. End of a straightaway, brakes are fine... minor braking adjustments mid-corner on the slower infield sections.. good luck. That's not a huge issue at full race speed in VTA, but of the four different esc's we've used (in VTA) they're the only ones that do that (we have two Cirtix, both the same.) As far as the drag brake, we have one esc set at 50% and one at 40% and it works... but feels like any other esc set at 10-20% drag brake. I feel like at 50% the car should be airborne and sideways anytime I let off in a corner, and the braking action is weak... started the season with a Novak Slydr (and had a Havoc in the same car) and the drag brake was set at the lowest setting on each... same setup on the car. felt great with both Novaks. They're set where they are because I finally just gave up on them, kept increasing the drag brake % without the esc feeling all that different. With all this being said, we've been running outside on asphalt at a track the size of an aircraft carrier. With the super wide lanes and rolling corners the esc has been okay, but I'd never consider running it on a tight carpet track or with anything faster than the 25.5. (shrug) Radio settings are fine, on power response is fine, size is great, but brakes (for me) are bad. Mostly positive reviews for the esc before I purchased it (other than the old ones not working with the Ballistic - doh!) but in my 20+ years in the hobby the Cirtix is a somewhat underwhelming esc. Maybe I bought two lemons, mileage may vary for others... both were purchased new and have been like this since day 1.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Cat mentioned something so now I gotta ask. Hope this doesn't bother anybody. It's not a hardcore VTA discussion.
I and almost everyone in my club are using , or have used, the Havoc. Most are using Airtronics M8, M11, MX3 and even the MT4. Brakes have always been an issue. I think all of us have our drag brakes set to max (10) and still the cars coast quite a bit. We all follow the radio setup per instructions. EPA Max for trigger forward and brake, EXPO to 0, throttle trim at 0, Subtrim at 0. Is there a trick to getting good braking action ?? Maybe setting some trim toward the brake side when doing the quick tune on the esc ??? Most of us are not pushing the trigger for brakes. We tend to like Drag brake better. Clue me in somebody. Is this really a tendency of the Havoc ? I must say my Mongoose didn't seem to have the problem.

Last edited by Evoracer; 09-07-2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Brakes

I guess I never use the brakes at all in VTA. I never noticed any difference when moving from a Tekin to the Stock Spec. It brakes fine for me, but again I rarely will hit the brakes. If I use the brakes it's going to be a bad lap for sure.

JG
Old 09-08-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

I took my current VTA car to the post office this morning to weigh it. They recalibrate the scales every day the clerk told me. Super accurate.

My car, with lipo and ready to race is 1584 grams.

How close do you guys run to the minimum 1550 gram rule?

Do you try to get your car down to 1551 grams? I'm an ounce off.

(And yes, I know my body isnt legal. But, its fine for my local track racing.)

Old 09-08-2011, 09:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I don't move the throttle much, just turn the wheel when a corner comes

I was told by the novak team not to use drag brake in the gtb2
Old 09-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
I don't move the throttle much, just turn the wheel when a corner comes

I was told by the novak team not to use drag brake in the gtb2
Wow
Old 09-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com
I took my current VTA car to the post office this morning to weigh it. They recalibrate the scales every day the clerk told me. Super accurate.

My car, with lipo and ready to race is 1584 grams.

How close do you guys run to the minimum 1550 gram rule?

Do you try to get your car down to 1551 grams? I'm an ounce off.

(And yes, I know my body isnt legal. But, its fine for my local track racing.)

1584 and 1551 won't be much difference. I try to keep mine right at 1550 but scales fluctuate based off room temp too. I was at snowbirds last year, one day I added weight, next day I removed it, next day I added it back and the next day removed. That was crazy but you have to go thru inspection each day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.