Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Rules change September 1, 2010.

http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/2010rules.pdf

Don't think that the 25.5 is too slow. With everyone running the same combo, you'll be door to door and nose to tail all over the track for the entire race.

This combo makes for a great driving experience. Try it, you'll love it.

Originally Posted by Victory Side
I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I had sent an email to the vta website and didnt get a return.

Are most vta tracks running the 21.5 with 7.4v or can you run a combo of any of the motor specs? Also it says motor timing is allowed. Is that fixed motor timing or electrical esc timing allowed? We are thinking of adding this class at my track and was looking for some specifics. Thanks Aaron
Old 08-15-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Brands of the World website, Adobe Photoshop, Vinyl Cutter and a whole heck of a lot of patience!

Those are just paint masks. I download the graphics, adjust them as necessary in Photoshop and then cut them out with my vinyl cutter. Apply the masks and then just peel and paint. Takes a while, but as you can see, it's worth the effort.

Originally Posted by woodys3b
Man, another beautiful paint job! How do you guys do the graphics?
Old 08-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Man, another beautiful paint job! How do you guys do the graphics?
Time and effort and patients... I do it the hard way,I don't have a vinyl cutter..

Old 08-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

VTA in Australia this was filmed on the weekend,also have some on board footage in my 7eleven cuda.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

snowbirds 2011?...any VTA....trying to plan ahead

plus its the only way Ill go....
Old 08-16-2010, 03:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm humbled and yet inspired by the time and effort you guys put into your bodies. I'm constantly torn between really putting a lot of detail and time into a body and just throwing something together knowing that it's going to get torn up anyway. As my driving skills improve, I'm able to justify really spending some time to make the body look good. After all, for me, the scale realism is one of the biggest draws to VTA for me. My hat's off to you guys!

What do you use for the driver figure? That really adds to the scale realism.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:31 AM
Tech Addict

I'm humbled and yet inspired by the time and effort you guys put into your bodies. I'm constantly torn between really putting a lot of detail and time into a body and just throwing something together knowing that it's going to get torn up anyway. As my driving skills improve, I'm able to justify really spending some time to make the body look good. After all, for me, the scale realism is one of the biggest draws to VTA for me. My hat's off to you guys!

What do you use for the driver figure? That really adds to the scale realism.
The driver is a tamiya cockpit, can be got in RIght or Left hand drive.. I got this for another project but ended up in the camaro as a spare of the moment thing.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eichkay
VTA in Australia this was filmed on the weekend,also have some on board footage in my 7eleven cuda.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
What motor was in those. I see in the revised rules it's a 25.5.

If you are a vta track are the rules are to be strictly followed? The reason Im asking is at our track uses a lot of 21.5's, so to help guys get into it we have a supply of 21.5 and if they decide to not run vta they can use the 21.5 in another class
Old 08-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If anyone's interested, we have some vintage wheels and TC3 hop ups on our closeout page
Old 08-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Rules have been revised slightly- note motor timing rule: "Only physical motor timing advance is allowed, however Ballistic motors must not be advanced beyond the timing range sticker." In other words, you may not move the endbell past the sticker's end mark. I understand that unscrupulous individuals may move stickers, and I am trying to develop a fair way to police this in terms of relations of physical parts of the motor.

Also the SPEED PASSION Cirtix “Stock Club Race” ESC part number: 12280 will be legal.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2010rules.pdf (111.6 KB, 156 views)
Old 08-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

New rules start September 1st.

As stated in the new rules:
Fluorescent colors, wild graphics, chromes and non-period correct paint schemes are frowned upon. All cars must have a number on the hood, both doors and trunk lid.
Trans-Am Decals For Sale!

Some of you have seen my decals, I make custom sheets of numbers and have created other decals for the Vintage class.

Check out:http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...am-decals.html

Order your vintage decals now. before the rush. Exterior or interior applications. Custom orders accepted.

For more details on products or question, shoot me a PM.

Thanks
Old 08-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Victory Side
What motor was in those. I see in the revised rules it's a 25.5.

If you are a vta track are the rules are to be strictly followed? The reason Im asking is at our track uses a lot of 21.5's, so to help guys get into it we have a supply of 21.5 and if they decide to not run vta they can use the 21.5 in another class
Its early days at our club in Australia, and getting the interest up and keeping the costs down and thous interested parties in the begining a few months back voted in the 17.5 as our starting point, due to most guys owning 17.5 to begin with.. but due to potential of the 17.5 we restricted FDR of 6.0 to limit the speeds to avoid ballooning tires after consulting USVTA by email..
Old 08-17-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Also the SPEED PASSION Cirtix “Stock Club Race” ESC part number: 12280 will be legal.
Cool! Talk about a money saver.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 2010 USVTA SCALE NATIONALS

hey Rob I was wondering have you or anybody heard or seen the spread covering the race. I know RC Car Magazine was doing it and Ive been buying the mag every since. But havent seen the story/pics yet...any info?
Old 08-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Cool! Talk about a money saver.
and definitely a space saver - if I swap out my RS, its gonna be a better fit then the novak GTB

plus, its got 'solder-yourself-wires'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.