Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
I’m thrilled finally be able to announce a union between the Snowbird Nationals and the United States Vintage Trans Am Racing Association. In less than a year, the USVTA has been leading the charge to help bring one of the fastest growing single classes in all of R/C car racing to club tracks around the country. To this point, the support and feedback has been outstanding, and this news should add to the excitement.

The addition of the USVTA class at the 2009 Snowbird Nationals will showcase one of the most exciting and entertaining classes I have participated in through my 25-years of racing R/C cars. With a decline in all R/C racing in recent years, racing needs a big shot of fun and excitement—and this is the perfect class. Much more reasonable speed, lower costs, realistic and exciting looking bodies, wheels and tires, less traction and wheel-to-wheel action drive this class. It IS the next big thing.

There will be at least 2 representatives from the USVTA in attendance to assist with tech, Concours and help with any questions or concerns that may arise. We’re all very excited to see Vintage Trans Am begin it’s relationship with the 2009 Snowbird Nationals, and we look forward to a fantastic event in February.

So get your Concours done up for the end of January, and get ready for some fantastic T/A action at the 2009 'Birds!

doug
I'm very glad to hear this. Being new to onroad this was the perfect class for me. I didn't need a fancy, expensive chassis to be competitive either.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

dang... yet another class I have to get up early and watch! Should be a blast to watch, just wish I could be there.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Give blood save now and split a room with someone.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I’m thrilled finally be able to announce a union between the Snowbird Nationals and the United States Vintage Trans Am Racing Association. In less than a year, the USVTA has been leading the charge to help bring one of the fastest growing single classes in all of R/C car racing to club tracks around the country. To this point, the support and feedback has been outstanding, and this news should add to the excitement.

The addition of the USVTA class at the 2009 Snowbird Nationals will showcase one of the most exciting and entertaining classes I have participated in through my 25-years of racing R/C cars. With a decline in all R/C racing in recent years, racing needs a big shot of fun and excitement—and this is the perfect class. Much more reasonable speed, lower costs, realistic and exciting looking bodies, wheels and tires, less traction and wheel-to-wheel action drive this class. It IS the next big thing.

There will be at least 2 representatives from the USVTA in attendance to assist with tech, Concours and help with any questions or concerns that may arise. We’re all very excited to see Vintage Trans Am begin it’s relationship with the 2009 Snowbird Nationals, and we look forward to a fantastic event in February.

So get your Concours done up for the end of January, and get ready for some fantastic T/A action at the 2009 'Birds!

doug
Great news Doug. Congratulations!!
Old 10-22-2008, 04:44 AM
Tech Regular

A while back I found a link to a spreadsheet that contained most of the known internal ratios for popular touring cars. I went looking for it again and was unable to find it... can someone point me in the right direction.... thanks cdee
Old 10-22-2008, 04:57 AM
Tech Adept

www.gearchart.com
Old 10-22-2008, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cdee
A while back I found a link to a spreadsheet that contained most of the known internal ratios for popular touring cars. I went looking for it again and was unable to find it... can someone point me in the right direction.... thanks cdee
There is also one specifically made for USVTA that can be found on the USVTA website in the Rules section... here.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

doug
Awesome news Doug.....
Old 10-22-2008, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Shameless race plug...

Not sure if you all seen the thread for the Great Lakes Super Series, but, we're hosting Race #1 in Mishawaka, Indiana (South Bend area). Clicking on the image below allows you to enter (no money up front needed)!

Contact either myself or Aaron (acyrier) for more information!
Old 10-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

thanks for the link to the chart, I see it now on the website, guess it was just too early this morning that I went looking for it... !! thanks for the other link as well.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Great news on the Snowbirds race Doug. Summit Raceway in Fort Wayne, In. is looking forward to hosting Race #2 of the USVTA Great Lakes Super Series on December 14. We also will be hosting the ROAR Region 5 Midwest on-road race on Febuary 20-22 and will have a USVTA class for that weekend also. Everyone racing here are really enjoying these cars and the interest continues to grow.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Kudos to the USVTA for being featured at Snowbirds!

And kudos to the graphic design person who made that Michiana flyer! That is awesome and does a good job of capturing the vintage feel.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Hello racers. We are very excited to be adding the class to the 'birds. Should be a ton of fun and great racing. Can't wait! Thanks Doug! Look for the class on the entry when it comes out next month.

http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/2009news.htm
Old 10-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Heard it last night direct from Scotty, the WORLD FAMOUS NOVAK CHALENGE race at Trackside Hobby will have a Trans-Am class this coming January 8,9,10 and 11. It will be brushless only, either 4 cell 17.5 or Lipo 21.5 allowed (since it is a bruhless only event) and will be following all other USVTA rules.

Start the New Year racing R/C cars? Heck Yea!!!!!!

There may also be a Trans-Am only race coming some time in Feb of '09, so stay tuned for details and information.........
http://www.trackside.com

Trackside is the co-birth place of Vintage Trans-AM here in America.... This will be the T/A EVENT OF THE YEAR!!!

MPH
Old 10-22-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Cool News Marty

Looks like there will be plenty of races for the trans/am drivers leading up to the 2009 USVTA Nations !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.