Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Kropy;4885755]Now many of you USVTA guys would be interested in vinyl numbers for your cars? They would be the basic circle with the number in the middle of them.[/QUOTE

I could use a sheet of #27's
Old 09-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Samples will be up in a hour or so
Old 09-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Tech Master

Well here is a sample, What do ya' guys think?
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-vinyl-mask-samples-009.jpg  
Old 09-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Sorry for another OT question but this thread seems to move faster than other.

Looking at getting some batteries tonight. I've made my own packs before, but never using the plastic sleeve with the end to make a stick pack.

Is there and solder between the cells when assembled that way?
If so how do they do it?
Old 09-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Alright, I got my Xray T1R tonight, and I've already got a Novak GTB 4 Cell speedy. Do you guys figure the ESC will hold up without overheating?

The only other guy I know of that's putting together a USVTA car and I have agreed to just run sealed silver cans for now.

Whaddya figure?

Jim
Jim,

No problem! I've been running the 4 cell ESC on 6 cells for most of the summer without any problems. Losi JRX-S/R, no fans, but I did glue a heat sink to the metal top plate with some special thermal epoxy, but it's not needed. Motor was 110* after 8 Minute main yesterday (about 80* ambient)and very competitive!

Good Luck!
Ned
Old 09-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kropy
Well here is a sample, What do ya' guys think?
They are real nice, BUT, VINTAGE T/A numbers are usaully BLACK in a white circle with a black edge boarder. If you can do that you may have a winner.

Marty
Old 09-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 414MPH
They are real nice, BUT, VINTAGE T/A numbers are usaully BLACK in a white circle with a black edge boarder. If you can do that you may have a winner.

Marty
The final number design will be Black & White, I just used the Yellow since I have a ton of it, I'll have White in stock by Wednesday
Old 09-29-2008, 06:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Jim, No problem! I've been running the 4 cell ESC on 6 cells for most of the summer...
Thanks, Ned. I figured it'd be alright, considering that I'll be running the Johnson/Mabuchi can for now, and then running 27t after a while. Not a whole lot of draw on either, I suspect.

Time for pinion shopping! Anyone know how to identify what pitch your gears are? Is that 48p/64p thing mean how many teeth per inch I'm looking for?

JIm
Old 09-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

[QUOTE=C&B RC;4887924]
Originally Posted by Kropy
Now many of you USVTA guys would be interested in vinyl numbers for your cars? They would be the basic circle with the number in the middle of them.[/QUOTE

I could use a sheet of #27's

I just wanted to post and let everyone know the USVTA has stickers already

The stickers are USVTA Official stickers... designed by doug.

they come with offcial usvta logos and pre numbered balls including larger ones for the hood and a smaller one for the trunk.

These stickers are the best designed stickers that could be bought for your USVTA cars.

I have these for sale and i also have a full sheet with only USVTA logos.

I am selling these stickers at cost ! the only extra cost is due to shipping. I doubt anyone will be able to match the prices on these stickers.

I only currently have 1 number sheet for each number from 1 to 80. and some have been bought already. But alot are still available. PM me if your intrested. I know pictures of these stickers are all over the trans am thread.

And with the increase in USVTA drivers i will make a list and get multiples made for guys who want mulitples. I am doing this to help spread the love of trans am racing and help promote the USVTA as a whole.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Thanks, Ned. I figured it'd be alright, considering that I'll be running the Johnson/Mabuchi can for now, and then running 27t after a while. Not a whole lot of draw on either, I suspect.

Time for pinion shopping! Anyone know how to identify what pitch your gears are? Is that 48p/64p thing mean how many teeth per inch I'm looking for?

JIm
48Pitch usually have the larger/more spaced out teeth of the two. The rule of thumb back in the day was 48p gears usually ran offroad, and 64 usually runs on-road (tour car/pan car etc...etc...)...Theres more to it, but this is the basic details. Most race asphalt/carpet with 64 pitch gears. The pitch identity will be on the package, so you shouldn't have any trouble.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default 21.5 brushless

The Novak Brushless is currently the only motor approved for brushless lipo....and indication of approving the LRP 21.5? It's ROAR approved according to LRP.

The Novak motor is getting harder to find in the SS version.

Anyone ever discuss this before? I couldn't read throught 85 pages of posts.

At our track, the NiMH batteries get pretty soft by the end of an 8 min A main.

brian
Old 09-29-2008, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barneys Racing
The Novak Brushless is currently the only motor approved for brushless lipo....and indication of approving the LRP 21.5? It's ROAR approved according to LRP.
It's been discussed ad nausem in this thread. FWIW, you can search the thread in the link up at the top of this page... it takes seconds.

One more time, there are NO ROAR APPROVED 21.5 motors. Period. End of story. And the Novak 21.5 is the ONLY legal 21.5 motor allowed in T/A. Until you see 21.5s on the list of approved brushless motors on the ROAR website, it won't even be a consideration here.

Sorry to be blunt and curt, but the answer to this question can be found on just about every page of this thread over the last 4 months.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Sadly selling my VTA rig...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-w-extras.html
Old 09-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

batboy forgot to show off the awesome trophies we are getting for the MMC

Old 09-30-2008, 06:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yeah, i tried to but it wouldnt take....also we had some made up just like those for the "jr/kids" class...love to have some of you there....

ps...to help with the class...we have a extra/used bodies and tires/rims to donate for those that have a touring car...to help them get started...cya and thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.