Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ....

Originally Posted by shadow102
no the issue with running a high turn motor is that the ESC cant "sense" where to start the motor due the the large amount of winds. what will happen is the motor will stutter extremely bad off the start and its a 50/50 shot whether it will take off backward or not.

BTW the 5600kv motor is comparable to a 6.5/7.5 brushless motor so its probably very unlikely to be able to gear this to compete in the class

Also not to get too far off topic but is it just me or does the HPI unit look very very similar to the Castle Creations unit?
...that would be because Castle does produce the units for HPI..there are only a handful number of actual OEM producers of brushless motors in the world. Rather than trying to totally reinvent we would rather work with a quality/experienced partner to develop systems for our chassis.

Old 08-30-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by andyh
...that would be because Castle does produce the units for HPI..there are only a handful number of actual OEM producers of brushless motors in the world. Rather than trying to totally reinvent we would rather work with a quality/experienced partner to develop systems for our chassis.

ahh ok answers that question cool deal
Old 08-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ....

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Andy,
Any chance of a molded grill insert and a decal sheet to convert the Camaro to a Firebird like the car seen at the USVTA Nationals?

Marty
Again, it comes down to resources. We have projects already in the pipeline that require attention. We are also always trying to look at new ways to improve production capabilities. Basically if we had the time and resources there would be over a dozen different Vintage bodies, so it is definitely not from a lack of interest on the design end

Thanks,

AH
Old 08-30-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andyh
we just potentially exposed XX more number of people that there is such a thing as USVTA...
Here's hoping sales are FAR closer to XX,XXX (or even more) than just XX

I'd bet XX kits with a GTB/21.5/lipo could be sold if that was the bogey
Old 08-30-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Andyh,

Have to looked at Speed Passion as an OEM provider. I believe they have produced ESC's and definitely motors for other companies. They make a very good Sensored/Sensorless ESC (Exige2.0) at a low cost and motors from 2.5 to 21.5.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks again for all of your input Andy. We love the car and all of the cool Vintage shells that you paint and submit pictures of.

Sure we got our wires crossed on what we thought it was, but the car is still really cool. Even if its just a driveway basher.

Originally Posted by shadow102
no the issue with running a high turn motor is that the ESC cant "sense" where to start the motor due the the large amount of winds. what will happen is the motor will stutter extremely bad off the start and its a 50/50 shot whether it will take off backward or not.
I have heard of that happening. I think that was the deal with the Tekin R1, at least from what I have read on here. No one near me is using one.

Last edited by snoopyrc; 08-30-2008 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Added text
Old 08-31-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Rookie

I just started in on road R/C and vta and need some help w/setup my car xray t2 007 eu and it seems to bind up and the rear tire lifts left or right in a hard turn or turn in general I have to really try to keep it from spinning out or flipping...I guess does anyone have a setup for an xray vta on carpet?
Old 08-31-2008, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RugRunner
I just started in on road R/C and vta and need some help w/setup my car xray t2 007 eu and it seems to bind up and the rear tire lifts left or right in a hard turn or turn in general I have to really try to keep it from spinning out or flipping...I guess does anyone have a setup for an xray vta on carpet?
Instead of taking all kinds of time typing what could be your problem, I'm going to suggest you go to RCAmerica and look up a "rubber tire/carpet" setup. That would be your best starting point.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by KE4PJO
Instead of taking all kinds of time typing what could be your problem, I'm going to suggest you go to RCAmerica and look up a "rubber tire/carpet" setup. That would be your best starting point.

I have tried the Martin hudy setup and the stock setup and barry baker setup and variations of them but it seems that maybe its the compound of the tires that isnt comparable to regular Rubber tires the traction and lack of a certain points makes it difficult and also it is somewhat binding up cause its making my motor come off in the 160 to 170 range. I was just hoping one of you guys came up w/a decent begining setup...
Old 08-31-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok, here goes nothing...

From your description several things are going on. I'm guessing here, so be patient. You probably have way too much mechanical steering, your ride height is too high, and you're using too soft a spring.

Too much mechanical steering, means you need to adjust your steering servo end points so your car makes BIG circles, use the whole lane if you have to.
Your ride height should be 5-5.5 Mm.
The roll center and the front springs get a little tricky. (I.E. complicated) so lets concentrate on the spring rate and dampening. Too soft and the car will transfer weight too rapidly and the back end will "spinout".

That should be enough to think about for a while.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Take the shocks off of your car and make sure the arms all drop freely under their own weight. Also make sure the steering system is free. Take the motor out and move the belt by hand, making sure it move smoothly and without binding.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

the thing i have noticed is due to the front offset of the wheels is that they will contact the front shocks with too much mechanical steering
Old 08-31-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

shadow102, has a good suggestion. Turn the wheel and see if the inside of the wheel is touching the lower shock end. I know on my Xray I had to move the front shock lower mount to the inside hole due the offset and width if the VTA tires.

Second with car on, give the car slight power so the wheels are spinning turn the wheels to see if the CVD's are binding. I've had this problem due to wore out CVD parts.

Rugrunner, If i get a chance to scan in my setup sheet I'll PM you a copy in PDF.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:24 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

the pro4 definitely hits if not in the inner hole at full lock. not certain on my other cars. shame i cant use the TF-5, it has some goofy body posts that come too short from the factory. ugh.

R
Old 09-01-2008, 07:27 AM
dsm
Tech Apprentice

Andy
Great body shells for vta,the Sprint 2 Flux looks verry cool to me,i havr a vta car myself, i used my old RS4 Rally car with little mods.
Can i still get parts for this car? Looks to me like the other Sprint cars would good vta cars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.