Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) >

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi paul,

Thank you for your reply,today i went testing with my 007 on a high bite asphalt track.First i used the same setup like yesterday and i had the same problem (just too check if maybe the conditions changed).
Then i moved my 5cells backwards,the problem stayed and i even got unpredictable oversteer mid corner.

Then i moved the cells back forward and and i made my wheel base the shortest possible.After that the problem was totaly gone and the car was close too perfect. I hope that this will be also be a good solution on other tracks.

About my 008,i have now a EU 6 cell version but i drive always 5 cell modified with the cells in the forward position. Will my 008 handle much better with a 5 cell chassis?

Grtzz
Old 05-07-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
hey paul- since barry isn't around. Is there a setup that you usually start with for your NT1 that seems to work well most places?
Barry is around.....what would you like to know?
Old 05-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

What /I/ want to know is where you get a trick looking avatar with the WordArt in it?!?!
Old 05-07-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Adept

hey Paul i am having trouble getting my t2 007 us version to have a soft rear end. if i take the shock off every thing moves very free any ideas. everyone that walks by and pushes the suspension down say wow man that is all jacked up and then they keep making fun of my car. i can not have this need answers.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hey paul- since barry isn't around. Is there a setup that you usually start with for your NT1 that seems to work well most places?
Originally Posted by Barry Baker
Umm... Maybe a NT1 starting setup?!?

Sorry to jump in Paul
Old 05-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Yo Paul,

Yep, Off roading it this summer.... No where to race sedan... Its nice to take a break from all that tire dope too!

Digs
Old 05-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

rx7ttlm.......I read back some pages and I think you were asking for a set up for Crystal Park if I am not mistaken.....

When I ran there before I used my set up from the Nats last year...it is pretty planted maybe too much...That was with a spool...I did try a one-way there also it was faster but harder to drive..I had to soften my car with springs when I did that...for a comfortable drive I would use the Nats set up which is basically a set up I start with at each track these days...you can find it on the XRAY web site(www.teamxray.com)on the setup page..

Hope that helped,

Barry
Old 05-07-2008, 10:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

rx7ttlm.......I read back some pages and I think you were asking for a set up for Crystal Park if I am not mistaken.....

When I ran there before I used my set up from the Nats last year...it is pretty planted maybe too much...That was with a spool...I did try a one-way there also it was faster but harder to drive..I had to soften my car with springs when I did that...for a comfortable drive I would use the Nats set up which is basically a set up I start with at each track these days...you can find it on the XRAY web site(www.teamxray.com)on the setup page..

Hope that helped,

Barry

Don't you have a birthday or something coming up?? You a master qualifyier yet???
Old 05-08-2008, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Ok I stand corrected lol. Do you happen to have a starting setup for Crystal park?

Thanks,

Patrick
Old 05-08-2008, 05:55 AM
Gravity RC

Theanimaleide: Im old News on the fooseball table, Andy B has been practicing, he dusted me last time we played.

Sitting duck: Thanks for the good info on your problem.
The 5 cell chassis is not Totally necessary for 5 cell racing, it is a good comprimise between running the batterys foreward and running them back. It will have more steering then running the batterys foreward on the 6cell chassis, and it will have less steering then running the batterys back with the 6cell chassis. so if that is what you think u need then its a good thing to have.

Xraysteve: Hi, Going by what u are saying your problem should lie in the shocks, do they feel ok when they are off of the car?. and also make sure that the mounting balls for the top and bottom of the shock are free inside the cap and end. If the shocks feel good in your hand, and the arms are free without them on, and the balls are free on the shocks it should be good. if it still happens then i would think that the piston is binding inside the shock during travel, but it is only doing it while its on the car because its being pushed in a little weird while its installed.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ok I stand corrected lol. Do you happen to have a starting setup for Crystal park?

Thanks,

Patrick
Hey Patrick,

Try checking the XRAY web site and start with my set up from the Nats or Ralphs from the Winter Nats race this year..that is the basic set up we all seem to start with at every track these days..with very few changes for personal feel of the car to our driving styles..

Clint.....Yes I do...but as I remember correctly so do you...LOL...we will be in your neck of the woods for this year though...wheres the party?

See ya later,

Barry
Old 05-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

right on, thanks barry
Old 05-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

how would you guys (or just paul since this is his thread lol) guage the performance of the new Mystery Stock in 2wd offroad truck and buggy applications?
Old 05-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

I'm pleased to see my son has such a nice little thread going.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:33 PM
Gravity RC

syber serulean: considering that the motor was faster in my TC i would assume that it would be even more of an advantage in 2wd car or truck.

Josh: thanks daddy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.