Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) >

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Gravity RC

Cornholio: thanks man,lol.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've never really understood the purpose of using the - and + .75 hing pin holders for both the back on front holders on either the front our rear of the car aside for the purpose of kick-up. I noticed in looking at your setup for IIC Rubber that you used -.75 all the way around.

What effect does using +.75 or -.75 for the front or rear of the car or all the way around?

Thanks
Old 09-09-2008, 06:02 AM
Gravity RC

Bkspeedo: Hi, normally the Mid or 0 roll center blocks are the way to go. using the -75 blocks lowers the inner suspension pin and lower the roll center of the car, when you do this the car will have more chassis roll, mainly more side to side roll.
when raising the suspension pins you are +75 you are raising the roll center of the car and their for the car will have less chassis roll, also mainly side to side roll will be effected. I also try not to use different holders in front and rear for kick or any of that stuff anymore. i think now days with knowledge of shocks and camber links, you shouldn't have to do that. but im sure that you will still see some set-ups using that.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks Paul. I've never seen hing pin placement explained in a setup book hence my ignorance on this topic. This helps immensely.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Paul, I just want to know why the trash can by the xray pits smelled so bad at vegas.....
Old 09-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

www.teamtrinity.com shows "New brushless motors to come" Looks like most/all the winds are covered in this new line. Any more news on this?
Old 09-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Bear
Paul, I just want to know why the trash can by the xray pits smelled so bad at vegas.....
Paul told me you put a piece of your chocolate cake in there.

Hey Paul, how you doing getting a chance to relax a little. Nice racing in vegas it was awesome for me. See ya sometime soon.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 09-10-2008, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by The Bear
I heard someone smuggled there tools on the plane and broke one and put it in r trash can...Those darn guys from TEAM TOOL SMUGGLER...
Old 09-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
I heard someone smuggled there tools on the plane and broke one and put it in r trash can...Those darn guys from TEAM TOOL SMUGGLER...
"I heard" someone left a fresh, hot piece of themselves in the trash can....

Drew, I'd like to talk to you about some sponsorship opportunities with

"Team Back2Back". I feel that your experience would be key to a two man team.

Team Tool Smuggler would be happy to sponsor you as well by providing safe, effective means of transportation for any of your,,, ehrmmm.... 'tools'.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Well that hot piece of them self would be Paul we are still trying to potty train him things have not be going so well sorry trash guy in Vegas as for the sponsorship it sounds great I have been looking for a team like that
Old 09-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Camber Links

Hi Paul,
Congrats on your IIC adventure.

Can you please explain about camber link positions in a little detail.
What does longer vs shrter links do?
What about higher inner or outer links?
How do use the camber links in combination with the arm heights (roll centres)?
Are there different rules for foam and rubber setups?
Or indeed any information you can share on this topic for me.

Thanks
Old 09-11-2008, 02:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Paul, any news on this?

Originally Posted by stocker
www.teamtrinity.com shows "New brushless motors to come" Looks like most/all the winds are covered in this new line. Any more news on this?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Gravity RC

BKspeedo: no problem at all.

The Bear: I dont know about the smell. I have been waiting for someone to brag about it. Im a little dissipointed that no one wants to claim it, that part is most of the fun.lol

Wicked ways: Thanks, it was a super fun race. Thanks for keeping all of our stuff safe. see ya.

Fatbear: Hi. Camber links make a huge difference on any car/class of rc.
first off a shorter link or a more angled link = more camber gain. a longer link or a more parallel link/less angle = less camber gain. When i say more angle i mean that the upper link (in relation to the arm) is pointed more downward to the the diff or the inside of the car.
with a rubber tire TC i normally start with the camber links as parelell as possible then will tune the car by adding shims under the outside of the link to give the link just a little bit of angle, 2mm being the most that i will ever add in the rear and 1mm being the most that i will ever add in the front. as for legnth with my Xray on rubber i normally run a mid legnth camber link, this depends on the car design because of other variables. anytime that i run short links i always feel like the car has too much weight transfer from front to rear or can make the car unstable getting in to the corner, normally short links do give the car more steering or atleast make the car feel like it has alot of steering by being un stable.
For foam tires i normally use long links in front and rear to make the car as stable as possible because of the added speeds and traction of foam tires, But in the rear i always use alot of angle in the link because you must have camber gain, so in the rear i like the long link but then to get the camber gain back that you lost by using a long link i think that you should make it back up by having more angle. my general rule of thumb for the rear is to start paralell+2mms and work my way to a possible 4mms above paralell under the outside or less on the inside. In the front i just start paralell+1mm and go to a max+2mm.
It dose make a difference weather you raise the outside or lower the inside, even though it ends up having the same angle in relation to the lower arm but i dont ever use that because the Gain makes a much larger difference, if you cant get a shim under the outside dont be afraid to lower the inside or vice versa. the xray camber link cams on the towers are 2mm's different when you rotate them, so if i were to need 1mm more angle i am not affraid to drop the cam and then take away 1mm from the hub to accomplish this.
Hope this helps a little, thanks.

Stocker: Oh yea. the motor that i used in vegas is a totally new motor "TRINITY PULSE". Jim has designed and sourced it 100% and the two of us have done all of the testing on it. Trinity is rounding the corner on having it availible, it is very good already and i cant wait to see how good the totally done version is.
Thanks for asking.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Paul,

Are you coming over for racing at the ETS Series race in kastelaun / Germany in Octobre ?
Old 09-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks Paul,
that helps alot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.