Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) >

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
seaball: your new sensae should be one William E.
awesome.

i agree 100% about getting it on the track. it's just that here, people want a set of rules to memorize. roll center isn't confusing if you look at a picture (the orion animated one was sweet). but when people start generalizing, it all craps out. i was trying to save you 5 more rounds of this!
Old 04-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball

i also have more visual material for you, specifically, paul. what?
It's just around the corner.
Attached Thumbnails Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)-just-around-corner.jpg  
Old 04-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

A. Rhodes: Hi, are you talking about around the bearing?
I have had no problem with my Trinity stuff. ill look later when im at the track. Thanks
Paul - yes, by the bearing. Attached some pics of where its hitting.
Attached Thumbnails Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)-sp-motor.jpg   Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)-moto-mount.jpg  
Old 04-10-2008, 08:48 AM
Gravity RC

Seaball: it really did help alot, thanks. just giving you crap.

chicky: LOL. i have a feeling that this thread could go down hill really fast. first chris, now you and i see that brad is reading it.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicky03
It's just around the corner.
yup, right over at this place ...

(okay, i'm done - lol)
Attached Thumbnails Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)-img00076l.jpg  
Old 04-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Gravity RC

A rhodes: Thanks for the nice pics, can you run A 104/39 to moove it away?
Old 04-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Gravity RC

SEABALL: lol
Old 04-10-2008, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

A rhodes: Thanks for the nice pics, can you run A 104/39 to moove it away?
I still do not think that would allow enough space for the motor to mesh, it was a pretty large gap. I borrowed the motor while at a race, so I don't have it to try with that gearing
Old 04-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Gravity RC

A rhodes: I guess that it is possible that this motor dosen't allow it to be mooved very far back. I would mess with bigger spurs and pinions untill it is right. or if you get desprate you could bust out the dreamel, but it shouldnt be nessissary.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:19 AM
The Evicerator

Paul,

Can you help me dial in my tumbleweed? I tried checking out this website

http://prairietumbleweedfarm.com/

But it really didn't help me all too much although the sections on tumbleweed testing and the GIANT tumbleweeds sure are great reading!
Old 04-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by todd8603
Paul,
If all this is correct then this fellas experience with traction rolling and loose rear end would be the result the combination of low roll centre rear and higher roll centre front. Right? Thanks.
So back to stopping traction rolling, is this the best way to stop it??

I race with xraysteve and a bunch of xrays, I have a HB Cyclone. It's no fun racing with xrays because they all seem to roll over all the time. There must be a good way to help these guys out so I can have a clear track without xrays on there roofs all over the track
Old 04-10-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Paul, wondering what you thought of 'roll' in different classes. Couple of my friends and I are always argueing over the use of roll. I usually end up running roll, they do not. typically running stock/19t foam tc, stock 1/12 and some rubber carpet stock/13.5.

just looking for an opinion.

Last edited by The Bear; 04-10-2008 at 07:12 PM. Reason: ok
Old 04-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Master

with rubber tires, our arms will angle down to the chasis a bit, and the above holds true. however, on foams our touring cars run almost flat arms at r/h. if the arms are completely horizontal, changing the camber link inclination will have no effect on the (static) roll center. see the following for reference:

and if the arms angle up to the chassis (old rdx setups and high rear roll centers in general) the effect of the camber link on roll center is reversed. it's all to do with the lower arms.

however, like paul said, the larger effect from the links is related to camber gain and what that does during roll. if you want to change the roll center, do it at the lower pins. it will be much more profound (and simple). up is up, and down is down. otherwise, there is no blanket statement about how changing the links will affect the r/c.

obey the man. i just thought i'd offer a visual on the deal to help him out.

seaball, do you have any pics comparing the angled camber link to the flat camber link with the three different arm angles (inclined, declined, and flat)? I hate to be the nobody calling out the somebody, but I've just done the drawings myself and in all three cases, more angle on the camber link results in a higher roll center.
-Adam
Old 04-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

with rubber tires, our arms will angle down to the chasis a bit, and the above holds true. however, on foams our touring cars run almost flat arms at r/h. if the arms are completely horizontal, changing the camber link inclination will have no effect on the (static) roll center. see the following for reference:

and if the arms angle up to the chassis (old rdx setups and high rear roll centers in general) the effect of the camber link on roll center is reversed. it's all to do with the lower arms.

however, like paul said, the larger effect from the links is related to camber gain and what that does during roll. if you want to change the roll center, do it at the lower pins. it will be much more profound (and simple). up is up, and down is down. otherwise, there is no blanket statement about how changing the links will affect the r/c.

obey the man. i just thought i'd offer a visual on the deal to help him out.

Fantastic thanks. I think my statement still holds true though in either case. Interstingly, Paul's later comment rings even more true. We have to try it with an open mind. That said, a goal or effect must be set. Try the change then determine if the change meets expectations.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:21 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Paul,

What is your procedure with spec rubber tires? do you rotate them?

Im having trouble at some tracks. The front right tire is taking a hard beating, making my car push. I tried rotating tires but that made the car feel twitchy... Any solutions?

Thanks for any help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.