Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower) >

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Around The Table With Paul Lemieux(RC-America/Thunderpower)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul L
Punched: Hey man, i bet you at the cactus. good luck.
That was my first race in 3 months, how much did I lose you?

Other than that, just graduated ASU in December and now I'm working full-time at Ingersoll-Rand Industrial Technologies Division in Phoenix. Hopefully getting engaged in the next few weeks to Kim. I'll keep you posted. Take care.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Gravity RC

Ivan: Hi!, Thanks. I will most likely see you their. hope everything is good with you, the lady and All your kids

Lees52: Thanks alot. what you said about rear toe sounds about right to me. Inboard toe will make the rear of the car feel stiffer because it makes the tires fight eachother, the result should be a car that turns in harder and rolls a bit more over the front end. outboard toe just gives you toe without the mechanicial bind and will let the car roll over the rear a bit more. so it is two different adjustments, but when you adjust it inboard you also change your Wheel base so you have to test it carefully to figure out what does what.

Punched: Cool, it sounds like things are going well, good luck with everything and let me know.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Hey paul I was just courious, how often do you build a new car? Every big event? If so how long does it take you to build it and what special things do you do to it to make it work extra good. Also what do you do with all of the old stuff? Do youre sponsers let you sell it?

Brian
Old 03-27-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Quick question.......................Is this thread for the good looking, muscular Paul???? Or is it for Paul LeMieux?????

Love Daddy
Old 03-27-2008, 12:59 PM
Gravity RC

Racingboy14: Hi Brian, I dont build new cars that often all, but my cars are always in very good shape because i rebuild them a lot. rebuilding meaning just going threw the car and inspecting the peces then re assymbling it.
I replace parts when needed, with Xray that is the ocational new belts and diff rebuilds.
I normally have two cars, one that i try crazy stuff on and a nother that is my standard race car with a more conventional set up. This way i have my normal (proven) car to run once in a while against my test car, this is just to have a benchmark while testing. When i build a brand new car normally it takes me a while to get everything perfect. I dont really do any tricks to building the car atall, just make everything right. I shorten all of my leads to the reciever and wire everything to where every wire has its place and path to its connection. I normally designate a specific body to that car, this way i know everything is perfect and centered. When i do roll out a new car their is never a doubt in my mind that everything is in perfect working order, servo,perfect linkage,reciever,speedo, motor,perfect shocks, new body mounted perfect, ect,ect. when the car is built with alot of time you can then simply worry about the set-up and focus on that as apposed to thinking it may not be perfectly built.
I have plenty of old stuff in my basement, I just hang on to it all. I wouldnt be able to sell any of it because it was given to me and that is not what companys like, and I understand why.

Thanks,paul
Old 03-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Gravity RC

Josh: That would definately be paul lemieux
Old 03-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Paul, what effect does belt tightness have on handling ?
(rubber, asphault)
Thanks.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Gravity RC

jag88: that is kinda a hard one. considering that the rear belt is alot shorter your rear end will have more initial drive, with the front belt being longer it will have more overall slop and stretch more under exceleration than the rear one so it will have less initial drive during acceleration. as for handling i think a tighter front belt makes the car feel slightly more like a front wheel drive car. but i rarely take that into consideration because i always seem to run the belts at the tension that i beleive is most efficient and not worry from there.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

I saw that you run nitro as well, do you have any suggestion for a nebie nitro sedan racers a.k.a. me
Old 03-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Gravity RC

Racingboy14: do some midwest series races, the people are friendly and the compitition is good. you will learn alot from people in that series, i started nitro racing last year and attended those races, i learned alot from all the guys. the series has been around a long time. i think its just Midwestseries.com
Old 03-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Paul, why don't you run 1/12th?
Old 03-29-2008, 06:09 AM
Gravity RC

Ryan14: I do sometimes, I always race 12th scale at the Worlds and other selected US races, im sure that i will be doing more of it in the future.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Hey Paul, when would you use anti-squat in your set-up ? (rubber)
Thanks.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Gravity RC

jag88: honestly i dont know right now, so much has changed lately that before using anti squait again i will have to re test it, or see a teammate using it with success. I truley dont have an answer on when i would try it, because i most likely wouldnt untill i can test more rubber. But I have used it alot in the past with rubber.

sorry, paul
Old 03-31-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

ok here we go sorry this is so long. i have a 007 and another guy i race with has the 008. we both traction roll all the time. i run on low bite carpet with take off 32. i have tried your rubber tire set up twice. the track i race is small. the set up just dos not seem to fit. i have all my links inside upper hole. with 1mm shim under all the out side links. i have 20lbs springs on the front and 17.5 on the rear. the smallest sway bar on the front. i run anti dive in the front. 3 degrees rear toe. 1.5 to 2 degree negative camber all around. four degrees c-hubs and a diff front and rear. i tried to stiffen the front up i went to 28lbs spring and the thickest sway bar and it got worse. so i put it back. i tried to shorten the rear link and it got worse. i have tried less rear toe and it was to lose. i tried a short front link and it was great in the infield but would roll over in the straight. i have tried everything and i must just be missing it. if i stiffen the front and it gets worse should i soften it up and run a 17.5 front and rear. please help i am loosing my mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.