Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release) >

2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I hate your idea. Why does Travis get the TQ rather than using my name? I feel so left out. In fact....I'm playing the race card!

If I would have used your name it would have been right after Rich's!!!!

OWNED!!!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott B
If I would have used your name it would have been right after Rich's!!!!

OWNED!!!
Oh fine! Just lost your sponsorship!

Tell those has-beens to show up to NorCal tomorrow.

Bill
Old 01-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Tech Champion

mrrcguy,

I am still having a time looking up a state called Akansas. Is that somewhere in between Kansas and Arkansas?
Old 01-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Ha

Its right thar between that river and them cotton fields over yonder!
Old 01-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
Its right thar between that river and them cotton fields over yonder!
Can I Google that??? Wouldn't want to land at the wrong airport...
Old 01-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

So if the masters only get a single A main, or those that would have been in the B but are now scattered throughout the C-F mains,
GET a 2/3rds discount on the entry fee?
They will only run 1 main compared to all the others three mains.
Will the other masters in say the C get recognition for actually winning or placing in the masters B?

Example:
Hey I won the masters B main even though I was 8th in stock C main,
Doesn't sound good, does it?

We may be old, but we still pay the same entry fee and should get full recognition and amount of quals and mains.

Besides, if it wasn't for us "old" guys, none of you young kids would even be here!

Old 01-04-2008, 11:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Exactly...

and, those folks get a chance at TWO awards... the trophy for their heat finish and the trophy for their Masters finish.

and now the rest of the story, now call those two heats masters class.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i'm NOT really trying to be a pain, but like others i too have an opinion. heres the story as i see it.

i have only been to two nationals, one in 04 and one in 07, so as far as i know masters is part of a nationals event, it has been for at least the last 7 years, (otherwise espo couldn't have been a 6 time champ). now the nats come to my home track by default, two locals beat out the champ. and i know the homer talk went around. and those that were there can see where the race might have ended in a little controversay (sp). so for me, it is very important to meet and race against as many of the Masters from 07 as well as the past champ, on a neutral track far from home to see how i actually fair. sounds like a bunch from the southeast might be coming up. sounds like this might be one hellava year to be a MASTER. I Will be making a trek eastward this summer, i just hope theres a reason to stop in arkansas for a few days.

if not, looks like it will be alaska airline flight 705 to oakland to come play you guys at norcal, (thats probably gonna happen anyway, Mom lives in Fremont)

ps was john tag the really big, quiet guy,, if so, hes fast, just caught a few bad breaks

Last edited by skypilot; 01-05-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tag a quiet guy? haha Anyone still got that picture I posted of him some time back???
Old 01-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by skypilot
i'm NOT really trying to be a pain, but like others i too have an opinion. heres the story as i see it.

i have only been to two national, one in 04 and one in 07, so as far as i know masters is part of a nationals event, it has been for at least the last 7 years, (otherwise espo couldn't have been a 6 time champ). now the nats come to my home track by default, to locals beat out the champ. and i know the homer talk went around. and those that were there can see where race might have ended in a little controversay (sp). so for me, it is very important to meet and race against as many of the Masters from 07 as well as the past champ, on a neutral track far from home to see how i actually fair. sounds like a bunch from the southeast might be coming up. sounds like this might be one hellava year to be a MASTER. I Will be making a trek eastward this summer, i just hope theres a reason to stop in arkansas for a few days.

if not, looks like it will be alaska airline flight 705 to oakland to come play you guys at norcal, (thats probably gonna happen anyway, Mom lives in Fremont)

ps was john tag the really big quiet guy,, if so, he fast, just caught a few bad breaks
At this point we are in a wait and see situation. So, Ill sit back and let you fellas have this one as it doesn't matter to me either way as long as the majority is happy.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Can I Google that??? Wouldn't want to land at the wrong airport...

Bill just pull out your AARP vacation planner and look between Branson MO. and Florida!!! Were just bout 3 hours S.E. of Branson!

Shuffle board at 11:00 and Bingo at 1:00. Shuttle bus will take a group to
Walmart for shopping and dinner is promptly at 4:30!!

Brant
Old 01-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

And don't worry, if the shuttle bus is full, Pooky still has the short bus he rode to school on. He will be more than happy to pick up the rest of you!!!! I will say Pooky has made some upgrades to it since he was in school. The spinners look sweet, and the Losi stickers were lookin PIMP last time I saw it!!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Mdoc
And don't worry, if the shuttle bus is full, Pooky still has the short bus he rode to school on. He will be more than happy to pick up the rest of you!!!! I will say Pooky has made some upgrades to it since he was in school. The spinners look sweet, and the Losi stickers were lookin PIMP last time I saw it!!!!
I bet ya those Losi stickers are long gone now.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Default MATERS

Originally Posted by skypilot

i have only been to two nationals, one in 04 and one in 07, so as far as i know masters is part of a nationals event, it has been for at least the last 7 years, (otherwise espo couldn't have been a 6 time champ). now the nats come to my home track by default, two locals beat out the champ. and i know the homer talk went around. and those that were there can see where the race might have ended in a little controversay (sp). so for me, it is very important to meet and race against as many of the Masters from 07 as well as the past champ, on a neutral track far from home to see how i actually fair. sounds like a bunch from the southeast might be coming up. sounds like this might be one hellava year to be a MASTER. I Will be making a trek eastward this summer, i just hope theres a reason to stop in arkansas for a few days.

At this point it does not look like I will be able to afford a trip to defend my hard fought Title. Unless X-Ray or Ralf step up

That said, if things change and the classes where mixed or reduce to a single main. I certainly would Not make the trip for that.

But damn I love to give Espo another shot at me.

PS the big guy name was Gary
Old 01-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott B
I dont' think you understand what I'm trying to say.

Example..

60 total stock entrys= 6 qualifing heats per round for stock, 12 total for the day ( 2rounds )

qualifing results for the 60 "stock entry's"

TOP 10

travis s
brad j
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
sean c
xxxx
Sterling (master entry)

11-20

Skypilot (master entry)
xxxx
xxxx
John Tag (master entry)
xxxx
Javier Arroyo (master entry)
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
Jeff Maurier (master entry)

21-30

xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
Rich Stidam (master entry)
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

So

Travis S would be TQ for stock overall and First in the "STOCK A MAIN"

Master's A MAIN would be

Sterling
Skypilot (richie)
John Tag
Javier Arroyo
Jeff M
Rich S
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx
xxxx

The TOP 10 MASTERS get there AAA MAIN together to battle it out for the MASTERS WIN and MASTERS trophy.

ALL the others run in the combined B, C, D, E mains

Could save time in qualifing and in Main event times be not have seperate MASTERS B, C mains.

This is just my idea, nothing more. Dawn said she wanted to hear ideas so this is mine.

That too I can understand.. The main final top 10 should run together...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.