Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release) >

2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)

2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)

Old 12-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default 2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)

RC HOBBIES RACEWAY Presents the
2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nationals

RC Hobbies is pleased to announce we will be hosting the 2008 ROAR On-Road Asphalt Nationals on June 18th - 22nd. While RC Hobbies (the Hobby Shop), has been in business for over 21 years; RC Hobbies Raceway, is a brand new world class facility with fresh asphalt. I built the shop and the raceway with my own hands out of a desire to have something that I and my fellow racers could be proud of for many years to come. The bottom line is I am totally committed to making this race fun, exciting, and memorable for all involved.

RC Hobbies Raceway is located at 1409 E Parker Rd. Jonesboro Arkansas. The raceway is surrounded with all the amenities a racer could need. There are over 40 places to eat within 2.5 miles from the track, and “Hotel Road” is less than 1 mile away. The track dimensions are 70’ x 140’ and the hobby shop is well stocked.

Shipping:
For those who wish to ship their equipment to the race, RCHR will accept and store packages in a secure and monitored part of the shop before the event. In addition to the shipping label, please attach a second label (orange in color preferred) which will have the name of the person who will be picking up the package. We will be checking Id’s and only releasing the packages to the person listed on the label. Mail packages to the address bellow. For return shipping there is a FedEx Kinkos and a US Post Office within 3 miles of the shop.

RC Hobbies Raceway
C/O 2008 Nats / Your Name
1409 E Parker Rd.
Jonesboro, AR. 72404

Hotel Info:
The Official Hotel of the Nationals is;
The Holiday Inn / & Holiday Inn Express
The Group Rate is $79 per night / full Breakfast Buffet each morning.
To get this rate you must call direct to the Jonesboro location 870-935-2030. Ask for the “ROAR Nationals Discounted Block”. If there are any issues or concerns regarding the hotel, ask to speak with Robin Dollar or e-mail her at [email protected] .

For persons wanting to stay at a facility other that the one listed above; below is a list of other Hotels located equally close to the track. These facilities are not associated with the event and will be booking at regular rates.

Ramada Limited, Phone # 870-932-5757 Address, 3000 Apache Dr. 72401
Baymont Inn, Phone # 870-802-2200 Address, 2910 Kazi St. 72401
Super 8 Motel, Phone # 870-972-0849 Address, 2500 S. Carraway Rd.

Area Info:
No need to worry about searching your way around town to find good food or nightly entertainment. I will compile a full list of local favorites with a map of how to get there from the track.

Entry Form:
www.roarracing.com

Event Schedule:
TBA
(ROAR will set)

Event Rules:
www.roarracing.com

Pits:
We will have a tent large enough for about 120 racers to pit comfortably inside. These spaces will be reserved for those racers who are traveling from outside our area. Event sponsors will have an area reserved for their team included with their sponsorship package. Other racers who wish to reserve a spot in this area may contact the shop to make arrangements. (870-933-0479) The reservation fee, which includes table, chair, power, and protection from the elements, is $10 per person for the whole week. The tent spaces will be reserved (for persons living outside our area) through June 6th. After June 6th any remaining spaces will be available on a first come first serve basis. For racers who live within our region or any racer preferring to pit outside, there will be plenty of space for canopies and trailers. I will have ample AC power for everyone. Compressed Air will be provided, as air compressors will not be permitted unless you are running a generator.

Handouts:
The “Handout Motor” will be decided by ROAR and announced soon.
The “Handout Tire” will be decided after further testing (in spring 08).
See official entry form for pricing and more details on handouts.

Updates:
This information will be updated as often as more details become available.

Questions:
Please feel free to ‘Post”, or “PM”, questions to Quinton, a.k.a. MRRCGUY.
Or e-mail questions to [email protected] .
Questions concerning facility related issues may only be considered valid if answered by either of the two sources above.

General Info:
RC Hobbies Raceway
1409 E Parker Rd.
Jonesboro, AR. 72404

Phone: 870-933-0479
Fax: 870-933-0451
E-Mail: [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails 2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)-img_1132.jpg   2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)-img_0958.jpg   2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)-img_1225.jpg  

Last edited by mrrcguy; 12-14-2007 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

which airport do you recommend?
Old 12-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

There advertising Hotels/Motels right near the track in the photo!......... Awesome!!
Old 12-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
which airport do you recommend?
Memphis International is a hour drive (all freeway) from the track. The Jonesboro Airport is only ten minutes away. I know the Jonesboro airport usualy has some killer deals on round trip tickets to Dallas and some other select citys (sometimes as low as $79 round trip to Dallas)

Last edited by mrrcguy; 12-08-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
There advertising Hotels/Motels right near the track in the photo!......... Awesome!!
Yeah that Hotel is so close you could pit in your room and still hear the anouncer as he calls the races. However, I'm not sure it's the kind of place you would want to take your shoes off in.

I'm trying to negotiate for a good rate at a major (chain) Hotel in town.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:18 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Hotels.

I should have the Hotel info finalized tommorrow.

Anyone found any good rates on Air fair worth mentioning?
Old 12-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
RC HOBBIES RACEWAY Presents the
2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nationals

RC Hobbies is pleased to announce we will be hosting the 2008 ROAR On-Road Asphalt Nationals on June 18th - 22nd. While RC Hobbies (the Hobby Shop), has been in business for over 21 years; RC Hobbies Raceway, is a brand new world class facility with fresh asphalt. I built the shop and the raceway with my own hands out of a desire to have something that I and my fellow racers could be proud of for many years to come. The bottom line is I am totally committed to making this race fun, exciting, and memorable for all involved.

RC Hobbies Raceway is located at 1409 E Parker Rd. Jonesboro Arkansas. The raceway is surrounded with all the amenities a racer could need. There are over 40 places to eat within 2.5 miles from the track, and “Hotel Road” is less than 1 mile away. The track dimensions are 70’ x 140’ and the hobby shop is well stocked.

Shipping:
For those who wish to ship their equipment to the race, RCHR will accept and store packages in a secure and monitored part of the shop before the event. In addition to the shipping label, please attach a second label (orange in color preferred) which will have the name of the person who will be picking up the package. We will be checking Id’s and only releasing the packages to the person listed on the label. Mail packages to the address bellow. For return shipping there is a FedEx Kinkos and a US Post Office within 3 miles of the shop.

RC Hobbies Raceway
C/O 2008 Nats / Your Name
1409 E Parker Rd.
Jonesboro, AR. 72404

Hotel Info:
The Official Hotel of the Nationals is;
The Holiday Inn / & Holiday Inn Express
The Group Rate is $79 per night / full Breakfast Buffet each morning.
To get this rate you must call direct to the Jonesboro location 870-935-2030. Ask for the “ROAR Nationals Discounted Block”. If there are any issues or concerns regarding the hotel, ask to speak with Robin Dollar or e-mail her at [email protected] .

For persons wanting to stay at a facility other that the one listed above; below is a list of other Hotels located equally close to the track. These facilities are not associated with the event and will be booking at regular rates.

Ramada Limited, Phone # 870-932-5757 Address, 3000 Apache Dr. 72401
Baymont Inn, Phone # 870-802-2200 Address, 2910 Kazi St. 72401
Super 8 Motel, Phone # 870-972-0849 Address, 2500 S. Carraway Rd.

Area Info:
No need to worry about searching your way around town to find good food or nightly entertainment. I will compile a full list of local favorites with a map of how to get there from the track.

Entry Form:
www.roarracing.com

Event Schedule:
TBA
(ROAR will set)

Event Rules:
www.roarracing.com

Pits:
We will have a tent large enough for about 120 racers to pit comfortably inside. These spaces will be reserved for those racers who are traveling from outside our area. Event sponsors will have an area reserved for their team included with their sponsorship package. Other racers who wish to reserve a spot in this area may contact the shop to make arrangements. (870-933-0479) The tent spaces will be reserved (for persons living outside our area) through June 6th. After June 6th any remaining spaces will be available on a first come first serve basis. For racers who live within our region or any racer preferring to pit outside, there will be plenty of space for canopies and trailers. I will have ample AC power for everyone. Compressed Air will be provided, as air compressors will not be permitted unless you are running a generator.

Handouts:
The “Handout Motor” will be decided by ROAR and announced soon.
The “Handout Tire” will be decided after further testing (in spring 08).
See official entry form for pricing and more details on handouts.

Updates:
This information will be updated as often as more details become available.

Questions:
Please feel free to ‘Post”, or “PM”, questions to Quinton, a.k.a. MRRCGUY.
Or e-mail questions to [email protected] .
Questions concerning facility related issues may only be considered valid if answered by either of the two sources above.

General Info:
RC Hobbies Raceway
1409 E Parker Rd.
Jonesboro, AR. 72404

Phone: 870-933-0479
Fax: 870-933-0451
E-Mail: [email protected]
The Hotel Info is Finalized.
We've got a nice Hotel, a fair rate, and a full Breakfast.
Attached Thumbnails 2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)-clip_image002.jpg  
Old 12-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have raced here several times and it is a truely great facility and track. This will be one heck of and event. Q always puts on a great race.

I live in Memphis so if anyone needs any info from the Memphis area I will be happy to answer. I can tell you the best way to get to the track from here, or any thing else you might want to know.

Congrats Q on getting the event to be held at your facility..
Old 12-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Rock'sTC3
I have raced here several times and it is a truely great facility and track. This will be one heck of and event. Q always puts on a great race.

I live in Memphis so if anyone needs any info from the Memphis area I will be happy to answer. I can tell you the best way to get to the track from here, or any thing else you might want to know.

Congrats Q on getting the event to be held at your facility..
Wow! Thanks Adrian.

I spoke to your Club Prez earlier today. He seems to think a great number of you guys will be comming over for this event. That's awsome! From what I've seen its a bitch trying to get locals or even regionaly local guys to compete at the "Big Shows". Not neccesarily here or in any one place, but in general.

I'm glad to see the Memphis boyz aint skeered!
Old 12-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Minis ?????
Old 12-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey yea this is a great place to run one of the best I have been to . It really spoils the local drivers to have sometime like this in the back yard . There are great things to do around town to
Old 12-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Three
Minis ?????
Slight Chance.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:12 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Pichin a Tent!

I just made the final arangments for the "Circus Tent" we will be using for additional pit spaces and the "Manufacturers Row". The tent is HUGE!

I am looking into contracting a security company to be onsite at night, so people can leave there pit area set up if they choose.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Since they allowed lipo at the Roar offroad nats can we run lipo @ this event
Old 12-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Since they allowed lipo at the Roar offroad nats can we run lipo @ this event
Lets hope so, but only time and ROAR will tell.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.