Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release) >

2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 R.O.A.R. On-Road Asphalt Nats! -Official Thread- (early info release)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

DING-DING!!!!

Only two posts and we have a solution!! I don't know about the rest of you racers but it sure seems like ROAR has turned a corner for the better and I think it started about ......oh.......2 WEEKS AGO!!!

Dawn I like the way things to be going and the fact you are very proactive as well as interactive!! KUDOS!

Brant
Old 01-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Wink

Ding, ding...

She can be the Bill France of r/c cars...For the good of this hobby.

Heck with President...Dawn for Dictator!!! j/k

(Note: Not intended to tick off the ROAR board members; or, anyone for that matter.)
Old 01-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Ding, ding...

She can be the Bill France of r/c cars...For the good of this hobby.

Heck with President...Dawn for Dictator!!! j/k

(Note: Not intended to tick off the ROAR board members; or, anyone for that matter.)

no, no.... the ROAR excom is an entire team of people working towards the same goal... it just so happens, I'm lucky enough to work with them and they let me express my views. Fred, David, Rick, Ruben, Andrew and now Carl are part of the team and we might differ on several views but we all believe in whats right for ROAR in the long run...

and if not, change it for the next year... no stone writing going on....
Old 01-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JDCrow
I think the best move for Masters/Under 16/Privateer/etc is to just recognize them as the highest finisher in the respective Class.

Make One Class and Award Champions for each.
Love it!
Old 01-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by POOKYT
DING-DING!!!!

Only two posts and we have a solution!! I don't know about the rest of you racers but it sure seems like ROAR has turned a corner for the better and I think it started about ......oh.......2 WEEKS AGO!!!

Dawn I like the way things to be going and the fact you are very proactive as well as interactive!! KUDOS!

Brant
If only I had that stupid time machine up and running; that way I could take her back in time with me and make her my prom date. Dang that would be cool!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

you have a 6 time national champion that came in third this year, you have two locals that finished 1 and 2, now for 2008 you want to mix us in with everyone else, well so much for the rematch.....

Last edited by skypilot; 01-02-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Angry Masters Class

The reason for Masters class is for people that have been racing for a long time and old enough to know better than run up somebodys a$$ on the track. Why in the WORLD would you want to put youths in with masters. IT VERY SIMPLE THAT ANYONE THINKS LIKE THAT HAS GOT THERE HEAD UP THERE A$$. I Can't believe that there is some people that has been in this hobby for a long time can come with an idea this FREAKIN STUPID!!!!!!!

The Judge
Tom Colclasure
Old 01-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by The Judge
The reason for Masters class is for people that have been racing for a long time and old enough to know better than run up somebodys a$$ on the track. Why in the WORLD would you want to put youths in with masters. IT VERY SIMPLE THAT ANYONE THINKS LIKE THAT HAS GOT THERE HEAD UP THERE A$$. I Can't believe that there is some people that has been in this hobby for a long time can come with an idea this FREAKIN STUPID!!!!!!!

The Judge
Tom Colclasure
Did I miss something? Did somebody mention making youths and over 40 guys run together? I didn't get that one.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Regional Moderator

I don't see a reason to be so alarmed. None of us really know what classes will be run at the nationals or any race this year for that matter, because we don't know what the new ROAR rules and guidelines will be yet.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Tech Addict

Talking ONE CLASS!!!

Run what you BRUNG !!!!! just put all together and the one that lives thru it wins!!!LOL
Old 01-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by The Judge
Run what you BRUNG !!!!! just put all together and the one that lives thru it wins!!!LOL
So, are you ok? Because I get the feeling you may have freaked out for a minute.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Addict

Talking Masters Class!!!

Look at post #133,134 and 135. I just lost my cool for a minute that someone could come with something that stupid and someone else would agree with it.

The Judge
Old 01-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Thumbs up

The Race requirements have a Max Number of Classes of 6, and Max number of Qualification Heats of 25.

There are three required: 12th Mod, TC Mod, and TC Stock. I expect Q will request a provisional 13.5 brushless TC Class. So that leaves two provisional/demonstration class openings. What will it be?

Masters 12th?
Masters TC Stock?
Masters TC Mod?
Masters TC Brushless 13.5?
Youth TC Stock?
Tamiya Mini? (you know at least 20-25 would race this class at Q's)

It becomes a balancing attempt by the Host to reconcile 25 heats with number of classes and manage the time. Some additional classes require triple A mains as well. Thats why I suggested rewarding the Top Finishing Masters Eligible Driver in each class, as well as the Top Junior in each class. Keeps all the required classes strong and still Honors the National Class Champions, Junior Champion, and Masters Champion.

Of course all the optional classes could be mute if they do not have a minimum number of pre-registrations by entry deadline. And, late entries are filled for the required Nationals Classes first.

Sorry you got bent out of shape.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...Entry_Form.pdf

seems simple enough to me.

drop 19t sedan or 19t 1/12 and insert 13.5 or 10.5 brushless with lipo

and decide if masters will be brushed or brushless,
Old 01-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JDCrow
It becomes a balancing attempt by the Host to reconcile 25 heats with number of classes and manage the time. Some additional classes require triple A mains as well. Thats why I suggested rewarding the Top Finishing Masters Eligible Driver in each class, as well as the Top Junior in each class. Keeps all the required classes strong and still Honors the National Class Champions, Junior Champion, and Masters Champion.
I really don't see that as a viable option. Suppose the top masters (or juniors) driver qualifies 20th at end of the "B". That drive will automatically win the class before the mains are run. Last in the "B" would beat first in the "C". The point of masters is so they can race together to determine the winner. As for classes, you can have more than six if requested and approved by ROAR. We did that at both Nats in 2006 in NorCal.

As for masters making an additional class (although it is by the rules) I don't see it that way. It's just a subdivision of stock. It doesn't create more entries/heats or any more mains. If there wasn't a masters class those drivers would be in stock. It doesn't make any difference if there are 60 entries in stock or 40 in stock and 20 in stock masters. Still 60 drivers, 6 heats and 6 mains.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.