Search

what is the best car

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

You have the best car out there.... Xray's Rule
Old 10-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Josh, i can rememeber being your age and trying to get a sponsor. Its hard, i wouldnt look to change your car for a sponsor. I drove for Schumacher initially and quit the team after about 3 months as the car was pathetic IMO and i didnt get much help from other team members (im not bashing schumacher but this is how i felt) So i went back to my Xray and instead concentrated on building friends in the industry either through helping my local hobby shops or through racing at the local clubs and at big events. In no time my results and reputation locally spoke for itself and I easily got a battery and motor sponsor. Now im also sponsored with a good deal through the local model shop, basically meaning i can run whatever car i like.

So my advice is, dont get a car sponsor...aim for smaller companies e.g motor and battery sponsors who need exposure around your local area. If you win with their products then other drivers in your area will want to buy them. You are then clearly helping the company.

Once you have done this then approach the distributor of the car you run and see if you can get a deal with them. Start small and build yourself up. If you remain loyal you will go a long way. Dont change your car as you always regret it.

Thats from my experience anyway! hope it helps
Old 10-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sleighty
Josh, i can rememeber being your age and trying to get a sponsor. Its hard, i wouldnt look to change your car for a sponsor. I drove for Schumacher initially and quit the team after about 3 months as the car was pathetic IMO and i didnt get much help from other team members (im not bashing schumacher but this is how i felt) So i went back to my Xray and instead concentrated on building friends in the industry either through helping my local hobby shops or through racing at the local clubs and at big events. In no time my results and reputation locally spoke for itself and I easily got a battery and motor sponsor. Now im also sponsored with a good deal through the local model shop, basically meaning i can run whatever car i like.

So my advice is, dont get a car sponsor...aim for smaller companies e.g motor and battery sponsors who need exposure around your local area. If you win with their products then other drivers in your area will want to buy them. You are then clearly helping the company.

Once you have done this then approach the distributor of the car you run and see if you can get a deal with them. Start small and build yourself up. If you remain loyal you will go a long way. Dont change your car as you always regret it.

I think so, not every car suit our driving style, alot team driver are facing this problem.
How you are good in driving skill and setup creativity, if car design of your team it's not good, will become troublesome on results and have less fun even you are economically and technically supported.
I think it's better to become a private sponsored driver with little support(aftermarket option parts, motor, batteries) than a fully sponsored team driver. At least you could choice any car you wonder(maybe the most sold in the market) and modified it as you like.
Honestly, i want also one day be sponsored as well!

Last edited by mac853; 10-19-2007 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

IMO...

Touring Asphalt Rubber Tires - HB Cyclone

Touring Carpet Foam Tires - Corally RDX Phi
Old 10-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sleighty

You said it perfectly
Old 10-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default car

If you can qualify within the top 20 at a national event, cleveland indoor, or a worlds event with the car you have then driving is your issue. Once you get to that point then you will already know what is the best car, lol. But anyways stick with it, learn to drive your car and remember corner speed is everything. if you are getting passed on the straights, its becouse you aren't taking the turns fast / smooth enough.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

I have also ran Xray and losi. They are both great cars.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

or second choice Team Magic E4
Old 10-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Right, this question is asked alot and many people say what is the point. But there is a point, it helps people to make a choice of car.
So Josh, we race at the same club and we have basically the same gear and sponsorship deals.
The t2'007 is a great car and it has helped you, so I say for the time being stick with it. It has brought you from B finals to the Main a finals at the clubs you attend. I too want sponsorship, and to all who read this I am no older then Josh. But at his age wanted a sponsorship deal, like Sleighty I had one with Schumacher and was less then impressed as he was. But the kids of today enjoy the racing to the extent where sponsorship is part of the fun. Teams want the juniors and sign them up early to bring them through the ranks to the A finals.
Every car suites different people, I was always an Xray man until as you know I tried me bro's mi3 and I was totally changed. If Xray suite you then stick with them, to be different and to get a sponsorship try the teams and cars that no one in the area has.
If so try the team magic e4, the Corally Phi, these cars need promoting around our area.

And people stop having a go at the lad, he's ambitious ain't we all, we all want sponsorship and to be world champ and to enjoy the thrills that what were racing and talking for. It's his ambition that spurs us on to enjoy racing.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default b

Mine!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Is your local track also a hobby shop? Who's supposed to help them stay in business if everyone is sponsored???
Old 10-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by josh castle
like i said i would love to be sponsored mainly because im 13 and am currently spending most of my money on the hobby. i like the looks of both 008, team magic e4 and the corally but like people have said i dont really want to change at the minute as my 007 is set up extremely well. im not in the hobby to get everything free if i was i would have already quit after i did £100 worth of damage in two race meetings that had to come out of my pocket im currently after a brushless system if it becomes BRCA legal the only way i am changing car is if people who are at the same level as me get a new car and improve a significant deal. im just racing to have fun
to be honest anyway the changes that the manufactures make when they bring out a new car is extremly little.
i know where you are comming from.scraching for every penny.luckily the people arond me help me out(especialy the guys down the track).i may not be good enough for sponership but try for local companys or companys that are starting out.from there you can progress to bigger companys or option 2 is once you get older try getting a job from your local hobby shop. when you are an employee you get discounts.for me its mow the lawn and borrow monney from grandma and then pay it back.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:23 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Is your local track also a hobby shop? Who's supposed to help them stay in business if everyone is sponsored???
my main sponsor Mtroniks deal with me through my local hobby store so the owners getting a little bit of money there plus i should say most other sponsor's deal with people through LHS.

Last edited by josh castle; 10-22-2007 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:03 AM
Tech Addict

in fairness though you also have to be careful with the hobby shop making more money through your sponsor deals. Protect your own name as you could end up with a bad one if the sponsor didnt take kindly to it. Anyway ive given my advice