R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default what is the best car

ok like ive said i am wondering what is the best car out there to buy at the minute. please can anyone state on heer any good or bad points about any car they have driven. i currently have the 007 and have got it set up really well so i dont really wnat to change it but in other respects i do because i want to grab a sponsored drive with one of the manufactorers so im not really sure what to do. also what do you guys think should i stay or go from xray. at the minute im with staying.
josh castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 02:08 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You currently have the best. Drive the thing! Do well have fun forget trying to grab a sponsorship. IF your not racing to have fun, but racing to get free stuff you might as well quit now....

Your car is the current top level XRAY CAR.... And will me very competive for the next 4 years, locally we got really good drivers matching each others lap times lap after lap. on on a 007 the other on a 004(FK04)
Old 10-18-2007, 02:32 PM   #3
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

You're asking the same question that's been asked a million times, the search button is your friend...

Plus, you're expecting a Factory ride, you and thousands of other 14 year olds...
Old 10-18-2007, 03:06 PM   #4
Tech Master

Corally all the way!
samstheman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:42 PM   #5
Tech Adept

For the last ten or so years, Touring Car manufacturers have continually raised the bar on technology and performance. Right NOW, I think we are at a peak of innovation for the current format. Any touring car you race is going to be fast given the right set-up and practice.

I think the next evolution in electirc touring cars is starting to take shape. We will see cars that make better use of weight distribution and motor specifications dictated by state of the art electronics.

I don't represent any manufacturer nor do I make any claims. I'm just really diggin the future potential of our sport and hope to see the numbers of serious racers continue to grow so that companies have a reason to keep pushing the envelope!

.......with that said.....I'd check out the TRF416
Double Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:46 PM   #6
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

XRAY T2'008 or coming TRF416
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 06:24 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The best car is only as good as the one driving it. As for something new and different.. http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...3001&pageNum=1
rtherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 02:42 AM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the corally phi or the mi3 both are very excellent cars and real easy to work on
Old 10-19-2007, 02:47 AM   #9
Tech Champion

If its not broke don't fix it....

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:05 AM   #10
Tech Regular

The best car you can find is in my hand and it is not for sale
Hoping you understand the message., even thou i didnt ilaborate it
Who am I? You sure you want to know? The story of my life is not for the faint of heart. If somebody said it was a happy little tale... if somebody told you I was just your average ordinary guy, not a care in the world... somebody lied.
squad car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:44 AM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtherbe View Post
The best car is only as good as the one driving it. As for something new and different.. http://www.teammagic.com.tw/en/profr...3001&pageNum=1
I like the looks of the Team Magic E4, but I'm not too sure about it's durability on Foam Carpet racing, or part availability. Time will tell.
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:45 AM   #12
Tech Rookie

like i said i would love to be sponsored mainly because im 13 and am currently spending most of my money on the hobby. i like the looks of both 008, team magic e4 and the corally but like people have said i dont really want to change at the minute as my 007 is set up extremely well. im not in the hobby to get everything free if i was i would have already quit after i did 100 worth of damage in two race meetings that had to come out of my pocket im currently after a brushless system if it becomes BRCA legal the only way i am changing car is if people who are at the same level as me get a new car and improve a significant deal. im just racing to have fun
to be honest anyway the changes that the manufactures make when they bring out a new car is extremly little.
josh castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:30 AM   #13
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's tough being young in this hobby. You either have to rely on your parents for cash to purchase parts, or you have to scrap to get every penny the law will allow... At least in the U.S. you are either limited to agricultural jobs or paper routes, and you can't work after a certain time.

If you are funding your own chassis, stick to the one that your LHS has parts in stock for. The chassis that are being produced today by the top tier MFGs are all capable. The chassis that were produced last year and the year before can also be competitive, as long as they are kept fresh. Freshening a chassis will be far less costly than purchasing new (depending on how many parts were bent). I am currently running a Phi. Previous to that an FK04. I probably didn't have to upgrade. I wanted to try another chassis, and the timing was right.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:43 AM   #14
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh castle View Post
like i said i would love to be sponsored mainly because im 13 and am currently spending most of my money on the hobby. i like the looks of both 008, team magic e4 and the corally but like people have said i dont really want to change at the minute as my 007 is set up extremely well. im not in the hobby to get everything free if i was i would have already quit after i did 100 worth of damage in two race meetings that had to come out of my pocket im currently after a brushless system if it becomes BRCA legal the only way i am changing car is if people who are at the same level as me get a new car and improve a significant deal. im just racing to have fun
to be honest anyway the changes that the manufactures make when they bring out a new car is extremly little.
I was close on the age... You really need to learn the hobby before you think you'll get a sponsor... I've been in this hobby for 30 years and it wasn't until recently that I stumbled into any sort of sponsorship...

It's a Hobby, remember that...
Old 10-19-2007, 10:02 AM   #15
Tech Master

It's depends the rules you are under following and race class you want to join.
If the you are running in modified, the convenient is belt drive car.
For stock race maybe shaft drive, but also depends the track condition and if your lhs has enough parts in stock, due the shaft drive car are becoming rarely and difficult to find spares.(TC4, Yokomo LCG, TB5, TF5 shaft drive)
If you run in BL system in Modified and want more rigid chassis or with better handling and traction.(TRF416, t2 008, E4, TC5, S400, Cyclone)
If you are running LIPO, I recommend you to buy a car which could install battery strap and box(sometimes not included you may buy from apart) could fit and protect from collision of your LIPO batteries.
If you are running a rules which has not weight limit and not care about his handling and rigidity, i recommend you to buy japanese brands chassis.(Yokomo BDM,Top scythe)
mac853 is offline   Reply With Quote