Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EP4600's

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Again! Where are these cells available and under what brand?
Anybody that carries EP cells should be able to get them through the distributer. Since these are BRAND NEW it may be a few more days until everybody gets the cells zapped/graded/matched/packaged and ready to sell.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi, do you gy´s have some foto of the new cells EP, i seen same orion EP cells, Team Orion 4200SHO V-MAX Team Pack are they good?
What color are the EP cells?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:30 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

While I am not trying to be a IB fan boy ... 1.23+ seems really underwhelming. I try not to send out packs unless they are at least 1.240... 1.240 is the new 1.230 by IB standards. 1.250 is not out of the question or unheard of, in another 6 months the IB standard will be 1.245+ while you guys will be buying up 1.230-1.1235's...okay, have fun with that.. Those who are willing to spend the cash and have maybe a less reliable cell will have more power on you.

450+ seconds of runtime...well, okay, we have some soft mod packs and some tolerable 19t packs...but these are going to blow for stock and I wouldn't even consider giving these out to mod drivers.

I also would not jump on the "more reliable" bandwagon yet. Give it time, once everyone has had a chance to run these cells you will see them blowing up. LIPO...NIMH...whatever. We need a battery that will last a year without possibly burning down my garage..
Old 10-24-2007, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Desolas- EP cells (which you say are low on voltage) won stock and 19T at the IIC in vegas. Goodluck with your batteries that last 2 days before self discharging themselves.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, I am not going to get in the A is better than B.......but, I don't buy the B won X race from the EP camp......

Last year, when these cells were being touted as the next great thing.......and then IB won everything, the response "well, all the best drivers were using them"......now a year later, did those guys just get that much better or did some people just have bad weekends? Or did it help that dumas was sand bagging in 19t?

We will monitor these new cells just like we do everything that comes on the market.......I was a bit cautious on the IB at first.......same as will be with these. If they prove to be decent, I will give them a look.

The problem we have with batteries at this point......is they come out, they are stable and good.......but then they strive to push the limit to stay ahead of the competition, which leads to less and less stability, thus dead cells or cells going boom boom......it will continue in NIMH until we switch to Lithium based stuff......and then it will happen in Lithium techs......all in the name of speed.

It's no different than drag racing.......Don Garlits Hemi's in the 60's would last him many many events.......now John Force uses multiple motors a event......and its still basically the same motor......a hemi, but stuff has been pushed and pushed.......so they just hope it makes it 1/4 mile FAST and they slap in a new one.......all in the name of speed.

Later EddieO
Old 10-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Tech Legend

Too funny , I`m laughing so hard ..

My Orion Carbon`s are still running like new & I have hundreds of cycles on um...

Eddie better tell Ib & EP better durability is why racer`s are switching ....

That's why I switched ....

Had nothing to do with performance....
Old 10-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Eddie,

facts are..

IB cells are not lasting a week anymore. The average customer does not have John Force money! IF, me the customer is looking in the industry, at what is available and Is on a budget (which most of us are) I am not going to buy a battery that wont last 3 cycles. EP cells have proven to run multiple cycles without failure and there new 4600 is even better.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chad Phillips
Eddie,

facts are..

IB cells are not lasting a week anymore. The average customer does not have John Force money! IF, me the customer is looking in the industry, at what is available and Is on a budget (which most of us are) I am not going to buy a battery that wont last 3 cycles. EP cells have proven to run multiple cycles without failure and there new 4600 is even better.
Wow, really? A week? I'm thinking someone is charging higher than the recommended 5-6 amps and then complains when the batteries die.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

That is right, you are thinking subjectively without any factual evidence The reliablity of IB cells has gone down the toliet. That is fact.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:33 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

What they hell are you guys doing to your packs to have only last a few cycles!!!!! Damn thanks god I don't do whatever your doing to them thats for sure.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Tech Legend

Default Ib failure rates

Chad is not exaggerating....
Old 10-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
What they hell are you guys doing to your packs to have only last a few cycles!!!!! Damn thanks god I don't do whatever your doing to them thats for sure.
Brian, believe me, the newer batches of IBs are FAR less reliable than the old ones. I remember getting fresh IB 4200WC cells last year @ Vegas when they first came out. Those 4 packs lasted me for like 5 months plus and they ended up as practice packs when I got new stuff after that. Even when I went to Snowbirds, I ended up running older packs for racing since the new batches were soo bad. Heck, those first packs were 430-440 rt with 1.24vt. Now, to get that, the cells either vent, explode, or self discharge. Wassup wit dat?

I can't talk too much about EPs as I have only ever owned 1 pack so far. When Tags gets the 4600s finished up, those will be my first true set of packs to test with. I think people are just looking for longevity now. I can understand performance is key, but heck, my IB4200 Vegas packs that I ran looked great on the matchers (470+rt, 1.24+vt, 1.3-1.4r), but stunk on a cycle. My best pack cycled out (35amps on a GFX) at from this years IIC was a 452, 7.37, 10.2 IR. That ends up being 1.228s! I'm not BSing here either. Anyone can cycle my packs if they want to. If EPs cycle out as they are labeled, then that's all I ask. Oh ya, letting them sit for 2+ weeks without babysitting them is good too.

Sorry for the long winded post.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by James35
Wow, really? A week? I'm thinking someone is charging higher than the recommended 5-6 amps and then complains when the batteries die.
Blaming the problems with IB cells on the consumer is like telling a battered wife that it's her fault for getting a black eye. I swore that I'd never buy another IB cell last spring, switched to lipo and EP cells, and I couldn't be happier.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

IBs are just getting worse as time goes on, if they dont step up and fix their stuff alot of people are going to swtich over. just this past weekend i saw a IB blow up on its second cycle, and yes he was charging at 6 amps. also i know that some cells some one bought were tested just fine holding 1.3v when sent and in two days it took to ship them two cells went to 0v
Old 10-24-2007, 12:06 PM
Suspended

Arrow

I once set an IB pack on the ground and poured lemonade on it.

It turned into a rat, pooped on my foot, and ran into the street.

A truck then drove by and smashed it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.