Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 04:05 AM
Tech Master

For those that have installed the Delrin Diffs, did you notice and change in your laptimes?
Snowy?
Old 09-17-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

I can't help you with that one. I bought my car used, and it came with them already installed. However.... I can attest to the fact that they're very very smooth and I'm sure that helps with corner speed!
Old 09-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

No,I cant really say i noticed any improvement in lap times,But they do look cool.. But really the diff seems to be alot smoother and it seems to roll through the corners better but as far as lap times go they are about the same.floodo1 went 27 last night..in stock..
Old 09-17-2005, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

also the good thing about delrin is that its very durable stuff. after a while the stock outdrive puts will start to expand from the pin on th eend of the dog bone creating play. my car has had the derlin outdrives for ever and i have yet to see any such wear and tear
Old 09-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

I didn't notice any improvement in the handling of the car, but they certainly make the diffs smoother, and also as stated they are more hard-wearing, although mine are showing some signs of wear after over a year of being used once a week in mod...
Old 09-17-2005, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Dollar for dollar, Delrins are a great upgrade!
Smooth and consistant diff action with little or no wear!
Old 09-17-2005, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

As I am finishing up my current project the next project on my radar is getting my recently acquired used Pro 4 up to par for asphalt racing. I am a Pro 4 n00b and while I will do my best to read through the entire 400+ pages on this thread I was hoping you kind folks could answer a question or two...

What is the difference between the standard Pro 4 and the Hara Edition Pro 4?

Is there a conversion kit to upgrade the Pro 4 to the Hara version?

What do you recommend for asphalt racing? I am guessing the 2.0mm chassis but besides that what else should I look into?

How viable is the Pro 4 now that the Cyclone is released?

Your time is appreciated!
Old 09-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hara edition has some different springs, a different upper deck with the deck mod already done, some aluminum servo mounts, and it might have delrin outdrives. Not too sure about that. It also has a spool and the lightweight input shafts, and an additional set of toe blocks and spacers. And looking at the pictures on HPI's site, it has a new motor mount so you dont have to take the screws all the way out... The shocks are smoother, because they have some new coating (I think). Other than that, it's just a regular Pro4. But you will end up spending less money if you buy the Hara edition...
-Josh
Old 09-17-2005, 11:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by josh69162
Hara edition has some different springs, a different upper deck with the deck mod already done, some aluminum servo mounts, and it might have delrin outdrives. Not too sure about that. It also has a spool and the lightweight input shafts, and an additional set of toe blocks and spacers. And looking at the pictures on HPI's site, it has a new motor mount so you dont have to take the screws all the way out... The shocks are smoother, because they have some new coating (I think). Other than that, it's just a regular Pro4. But you will end up spending less money if you buy the Hara edition...
-Josh
you almost got everything right...

different springs..yes..stiffer set than stock gold/silver.
2.25mm upperdeck...allows for more lateral flex..and yet very stiff front to back flex.
aluminum servo mount..yes.
aluminum input shafts..yes..very light and improves accelereation.
delrin outdrives...yes. light and very smooth diff.
Spool and one-way included.
new motor mount..yes...great improvement from stock.
new flourin coated shocks...super smooth.

see the October Xtreme RC for a detailed review of the Hara Pro4. very favorable... I posted the points rating a few pages back.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default New motor mount...

To add on to jamescam's questions...

I like my Pro 4 as is so I am not looking for a conversion kit. BUT is, or when is, HPI going to offer some of the Hara parts separately? I am specifically interested in the new motor mount! That was the only defect I saw in the original Pro 4.

thanks...
Old 09-18-2005, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

as rc-zombies said + you have also the old aluminium threaded shocks set + the new version aluminium threaded shocks set + you have the delrin out drives + the carbon one aswell, even where the spool attaches you have 2 different version but can't see exactly the difference.

Nice Kit although i really liked building it although i have some issues which maybe you can help me out

My chassis is not 100% flat i thought of have the diff cases to thight but it not the issue i think its the top mount but wil try and check later although if you know anything about it please let me know.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
To add on to jamescam's questions...

I like my Pro 4 as is so I am not looking for a conversion kit. BUT is, or when is, HPI going to offer some of the Hara parts separately? I am specifically interested in the new motor mount! That was the only defect I saw in the original Pro 4.

thanks...
you can buy the option parts serperately...
RainbowTen in Japan has them in stock.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by josh69162
-Josh
Are you saying it would cost less to buy a new Hara kit then upgrade my current Pro 4? Ouch!
Old 09-18-2005, 10:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Oh, no. That would be if you didn't have a Pro4 at all. It would probably be like 100-120ish to upgrade from a standard Pro4 to a Hara edition.
-Josh
Old 09-18-2005, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

dont forget tha hara edition comes with the new heavy duty ballcups

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.