Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 09:10 PM
Tech Master

Wes, go to the Team PRP thread. Its on there but keep in mind its for a 3mm chassis plate so you will need to adjust your roll center blocks up .5mm all the way around and also on the inner camber link ball stud as well to keep the same geometry.

The setup works great. As well as the 3mm chassis plates on carpet!!! Hope you guys can make it up to Hutch soon. Its Pro4 country up here. We are up to 8 now.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Euge. I was not sure how to post it here.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

No problem, Doug. There are more and more Pro4 drivers at our track every week. I'm still pretty new to this car, but it's the best car I've had yet. A couple of rubber tire guys also picked up the car and they told me how happy they are with it as well.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Last edited by azenis; 09-19-2004 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Azenis, with a 2.5mm chassis versus a 3mm chassis, if you add .5mm to the pivot support to get the same roll center geometry the gearbox is still .5mm lower on the 2.5mm chassis versus the 3mm chassis so if you are trying to duplicate a setup for a 3mm chassis you will need to add .5mm to the inner ball stud.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

so it is my bad i for some reason i thought the box screwedd to the pivot blocks but i was thinking of my other car lol
Old 09-19-2004, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Has anyone had problems with the standard diff screw head breaking off?
azenis....i had this happen to my front diff screw head the first weekend i ran the car. i don't remember if i took a hit but in the end i just switched out to the AE screw and everything is fine now.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by Euge
No problem, Doug. There are more and more Pro4 drivers at our track every week. I'm still pretty new to this car, but it's the best car I've had yet. A couple of rubber tire guys also picked up the car and they told me how happy they are with it as well.
Great race on Trackside yesterday, and I personally saw those ROBK/KevinK setup PRO 4 at the track..........and that is INDEED very close to perfect setup for tight carpet track..........and EUGE was suddenly running against those A-main Team Driver with that setup, and he was FLYING (he won't even believed that RobK's/Kevin's setup work so great untill he saw it himself...)

I think I will have to dished out the extra $400 to upgrade my outdoor pro 4 to the indoor PRP pro 4 or should I said Robk/KevinK 2004 edition PRO4...........

P.S. Who told me running electric is cheaper then Nitro........?
Old 09-20-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

well, the electricity is free.

thanks rookie. the car was really good with that setup. definitely the best car I've ever driven.
Old 09-20-2004, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Euge
well, the electricity is free.

thanks rookie. the car was really good with that setup. definitely the best car I've ever driven.
Seeing you drive (like a Team Driver) made me feel bad........I think I better stick with NITRO afterall....LOL
Thanks for the Arm Cutting 101 (also thanks RobK to do the exact same thing..)........and cutting the arm for free (instead of $5 a piece that I was stupid enough to let something charged me like that...)

I will try to get better and see you all at RSJ soon....good luck on the next summer sizzler next week, go team Pro 4.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Robk and Kevin............I am reading your previoiusly setup and trying to put them on the HPI setup sheet, there are several items are missing...

(1) Front camber
(2) Rear camber
(3) how many turns out for the front diff
(4) how many turns out for the rear diff
(5) Droop? Front and rear?
(6) Any spacer below the front outside camber upper ball stud?
(7) Any spacer below the rear outside camber upper ball stud?

You can post the latest (yesteday) trackside setting....for the updated setup..

BTW.....how's the RSJ gang did yesterday? I took off early cause wife can't stand me racing with the front 1-way instead of the front diff........LOL
Old 09-20-2004, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Rookie.....Here is the rest of the info..

1.....front camber 1deg neg.
2.....rear camber 1.5 deg neg
3.....front diff is tighter then the rear....not sure how any turns out
4.....rear diff is looser then the front not sure how many turns out
5......front droop 1.5mm over ride height rear droop 2mm over ride height
6 & 7.....None

Well Euge ended up winning the B-main Rob king was 3rd or 4th in the B-main. Brian Jucha ended up winning the A-main and I was second. It was a good day lots of pro-4's at the track now.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Way to go Kevin!!!
Old 09-20-2004, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I finally got my car pretty good this weekend. I previously was loose going in/off power, but good every place else. Going to Dbl Purple front tires helped as well as 60 wt. oil in front and no sway bar in rear. This is on a 100'x36' carpet track. Here's what I ended up with.

Front
#5 pistons - 60wt oil – Assoc. Purple Springs
Mount: top 2nd hole in from outside, inside on a-arm
0 deg toe block w/ 2mm shim’s under both (zero degree anti squat)
2 deg castor blocks
Camber link: inside mounted on inside on w/ 0* camber and 1mm under ball stud.
Stock Sway bar with 3mm showing on the tips
Ride height: 4mm

Rear
#3 Pistons - 40wt oil – Assoc. Copper springs
Mount: top 3rd hold in from outside, middle on a-arm.
1.5 deg toe block w/ .75mm under both blocks (zero degree anti squat)
Inner camber link on outside hole, outside hole on hub also. 1.5 mm under
Inner camber link ball stud. –1* camber and short wheelbase
No sway bar.
Ride height: 4mm

Droop: About 1mm over ride height.
Steering: Forward hole on rack and rear hole on spindle.
Diffs: rear just tight enough not to slip while holding one tire and spur gear. Front diff tighten all the way then 1/8 turn out.
Purple rear tires, Dbl purple front.
Reedy PT 10x1 geared 98/25 w/ 42mm tires. Motor ran at 135* after 5 min.
Tekin G-10 Pro Speed Control w/ Thrlt at 7 and LIM2 at 90 (TONS of rip out of the corners!!!!).

Over all I'm very pleased. A small problem with traciton rolling in a couple corners. That is why I ended with such a small amount of droop (trying for a quick fix at the track).

take care
john
Old 09-20-2004, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Kevin K
Rookie.....Here is the rest of the info..

1.....front camber 1deg neg.
2.....rear camber 1.5 deg neg
3.....front diff is tighter then the rear....not sure how any turns out
4.....rear diff is looser then the front not sure how many turns out
5......front droop 1.5mm over ride height rear droop 2mm over ride height
6 & 7.....None

Well Euge ended up winning the B-main Rob king was 3rd or 4th in the B-main. Brian Jucha ended up winning the A-main and I was second. It was a good day lots of pro-4's at the track now.
When Euge keep saying that I can beat him at indoor carpet.....now I know he is trying to WIN some money from me....way to go Euge...
And of course, good to see you and Brain (the PRO 4s) took over the 1 and 2.........not to mention, I heard Brian just finished building his brand new pro 4 about 1/2 hour before the qualifier...and that PRO 4 was never hit the track before, talk about the PRO driver...

Thanks Kevin...I will completed that setup sheet and save it for the RSJ, AJ and the Trackside setup....

For you and Euge....do you guys remember the sound that coming out from my car I was turning and acceleration...and when we were all thinking my front rim was rubbing against the shock plate....guess no more, those noise are from the 1-way, I was still using the old V1.0 diff (too lazy to do the upgrade) and all 4 screws were lose at the beginning of my last qualifier...then the diff gear fell off, and stripped about 1/2 of the gears, the entire 5 minutes, I was driving RWD........no wonder my car was kinda lose at the rear at no reason and sometimes it has traction, sometime it doesn't....

Man, front diff is the way to go..................no more 1-way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.