Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

What front diff do yall guys run on your pro4......ball diff or oneway??

Thanks
Old 06-26-2004, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by PUNISHER
What front diff do yall guys run on your pro4......ball diff or oneway??

Thanks
I'm running two ball diffs.
Old 06-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Default Updated Diff outdrives from HPI

Guys;

Back at work today I was going through the new arrivals from HPI and noticed that we got an Outdrive/Drive Cup set (#73514) for the Pro-4.

Upon close examination it appears that HPI has already updated the outdrives so we can assemble our diffs in a conventional manner as dicussed earlier in the thread.

This may be old news to some, but I thought I would pass it on anyways.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

One way,I race asphalt,so for me a one way is the fast way..
Old 06-26-2004, 09:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Updated Diff outdrives from HPI

Originally posted by popsracer
Guys;

Back at work today I was going through the new arrivals from HPI and noticed that we got an Outdrive/Drive Cup set (#73514) for the Pro-4.

Upon close examination it appears that HPI has already updated the outdrives so we can assemble our diffs in a conventional manner as dicussed earlier in the thread.

This may be old news to some, but I thought I would pass it on anyways.
Interesting. I am surprized I really haven't had any problems other than the natural loosening after them seeting.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Another question............

Which parts are yall guys finding hard to get with this car?

Thanks
Old 06-27-2004, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Pucho, I would have to agree with you. I rebuilt my diff with the associated parts months ago and have not had any slippage since.

Punisher, the oneway is your best bet unless you like to throw a car around. I was at a track one time and the car was spinning out in this one corner. I thought it was because of the oneway so I pulled it out and put the diff in. That was a waste of time. The car pushed everywhere except for that one corner and it still spun out but even quicker. Upon further examination I found my rear sway bars extremely uneven which caused the spinout. Once this problem was fixed the car has not done that since. I race the car on slick tracks to high bite and always run the oneway. If your driving style is a smooth, flowing one the oneway will reward you with great corner speed which equates in low lap times. The diff is a great option for those that like to throw a car around and drive point and shoot style. Great thing is the car can be setup that way as well.

As far as parts go, since HPI got the arms and hubs into the states there is no lack of parts. I have been able to get everything except those parts since the car came out.

On the question of durability, I had a run in with a nitro sedan towards the end of the back stretch (I was passing it , 10t motors are not supposed to be that fast I thought but my new Peak Vantage is an animal) and he moved over which launched us both completely out of the track. Needless to say I was worried but some spectators put the car back on the track and I drove it to me. The only thing that happened was his axle left a scrape on one of my wheels. A friend of mine that has a Pro4 hit a corner dot later in the day when he was in front of me. I am sure he got close to 4ft of air with 20ft of distance down the track and kept going once marshals got the car back on all 4 wheels. The car is one tough cookie.

BTW, the car was fantastic this weekend. It was my first outing with it on asphalt. Got a TQ and a win against some VERY fast drivers.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:20 AM
Tech Lord

I have the same opinion on the Pro4 as Doug does.. At the track I race at I have the only Pro4 and I'm beating guy's that I had not beaten when I was racing my Xray,For me the Pro4 is it.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Kinda nice being the only Pro4 isnt it. Gonna be tougher when more people see the purple light!
Old 06-27-2004, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

One other note, I tried my Mazda6 and my Parma Alfa back to back on the same batt and tires. Ran 1 minute with one then 1 minute with the other. The Parma Alfa was 2 tenths faster and much easier to drive than the Mazda6. The Parma Alfa is a great option.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:16 AM
Tech Lord

Yea I'm glad no one else is using the Pro4 at my home track.. I keep telling them that they really dont want a Pro4.. On the body's is the Parma Alfa close to the Pro Line and the Losi Alfa's ?? At the track I race at the Mazda works very good,in fact my Pro4 is so hooked up the tires I use are Yokomo sprints(Firm's with soft inserts),it's like driving a slot car.. The sprints work better than Sorex's or takeoffs or any other tire I own.. and the track is med. bite asphalt,plus they last forever..well maybe not forever,I'm still using the same tires after 16 race days(Not Races)and they still hook up..
Old 06-27-2004, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by xxxkat
Yea I'm glad no one else is using the Pro4 at my home track.. I keep telling them that they really dont want a Pro4.. On the body's is the Parma Alfa close to the Pro Line and the Losi Alfa's ?? At the track I race at the Mazda works very good,in fact my Pro4 is so hooked up the tires I use are Yokomo sprints(Firm's with soft inserts),it's like driving a slot car.. The sprints work better than Sorex's or takeoffs or any other tire I own.. and the track is med. bite asphalt,plus they last forever..well maybe not forever,I'm still using the same tires after 16 race days(Not Races)and they still hook up..
SWR?.... if I had the time...I'd be there every weekend..
for me the tires that last a very long time are the HPI 33R's and have had very good handling with them at SWR.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default diff

i am in desperate need of a ball diff for my pro 4 and yet, stormerhobbies, tower hobbies, kt hobbies, and speedtechrc are all out of stock. does anyone know were i can get one? i am going to the nationals in about 3 weeks and need one quick. thanks
Old 06-27-2004, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default running the pro 4

i had to run my pro 4 on a short notice today due that i blew a capsitor on my gt7 on my tc3 i tried the reedy set up but it seems to not work, my car rear end kept coming around could not really go strght i was very frustrated also it hard to get the motor mounted strght due to the fact of poor design in the car also trying to get the motor mesh rght some one plse help wth a good set up stock or mod wth medium traction track thxs
Old 06-27-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: running the pro 4

Originally posted by tc3 racer sc
i had to run my pro 4 on a short notice today due that i blew a capsitor on my gt7 on my tc3 i tried the reedy set up but it seems to not work, my car rear end kept coming around could not really go strght i was very frustrated also it hard to get the motor mounted strght due to the fact of poor design in the car also trying to get the motor mesh rght some one plse help wth a good set up stock or mod wth medium traction track thxs
Front
40W oil
#1 pistion
AE gold spring
1 deg camber
4 deg hub
1.6mm stabilizer
3mm shim under upper tie rod
1mm shim under sus blocks
.5 deg toe out
shock position outer top on tower & outer position on sus arm
2.5deg front toe block

Rear
30W Oil
#1 pistion
AE Blue spring
1.5 deg camber
1.4mm stabilizer
2mm shim under upper tie rod
.5 shim under sus blocks
3 deg toe in block
shock position #2 on sus arm & #2 ouer on tower

try this as a base then adjust from there..

-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.