Like Tree86Likes

Hpi Pro 4

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 05:59 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: What a coincidence...

Originally posted by Frank McKinney
I hope this all made sense and helps you guys see that it's not HPI's fault parts supply is weak right now. The car is still pretty new on the market, no matter what you may think. Parts demand is high and the supply chain hasn't caught up yet.
I guess this debate could go on forever. With one side saying its HPI's fault, the other saying its not their fault. Either way, theres a few things that can't be argued

-the same thing happend with BOTH of HPI's newest cars-Which makes for a awfully big coincidence. In both cases customers are hearing that "its tough getting parts for the HPI right now" Now again, I guess its possible that their lying to us, or its their short attention span workers just forgeting to order the stuff. But this is happening at every shop(on-line and local) in the frickin' country???...Please...what bridge are you trying to sell us here?

-THIS DOESN'T LOOK GOOD FOR HPI-No matter whose fault it is, it doesn't look good on HPI. Like CraigH said, he has a "$300 car that he can't even race". We have a big race coming up this weekend and people will ask "why aren't you racing?" And when he tells them that he can't find parts for his $300 car, you think their going to care whether its HPI's fault or the distributors? No! They will think "HPI" and "No parts". Especially when the exact same drama unfolded with the R40

This debate about 'whose fault is it- could last forever, but one things for sure, people aren't going to stop complaining until they can find parts for their car. And it took HPI or the distributors or who ever...quite a while to catch up with the R40, so I hope it doesn't take as long with the Pro 4.

-EDIT-oh, and yes we realise that the car is new, but thats still no excuse. I bought my R40 almost 6 months after it was out and didn't get to run it till 2 months after that, and by the time I got to run it, the same parts drama was still going on. So if 8 months isn't enough time for the 'supply chain to catch up', exactly how long does it take

Worse part is, HPI has a winner on their hands...too bad too many of them are sitting on the workbench waiting to be run...

Last edited by Darkseid; 04-28-2004 at 06:07 AM.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:20 AM
Regional Moderator

Default But anyway...

Enough of the bad stuff...

Did anyone ever finish one of those editable set up sheets for the car? I would like to have one if there is one availible.

I have my front diff on the way from Tower right now. I should get it by the weekend, so I'll have to decide whether to tear into the car to put the diff in, or just try it my first run with the one way. Odd thing is, I could run my Kyosho KX-1 just about anywhere with the one-way, but I had to pick my spots with the Yok SD and the one-way. I'm leaning toward the diff though, if for nothing else to have a little more control. Can't go breaking anything...

Anybody else notice that the holes in the body post are really, really small. I can't even use my Losi style body clips in them. The only ones that fit are the kit clips which are too small to be fumbling with at the track and the Associated style clips that fall out too easily. I think I will pick up a mini-drill set from the local HobbyLobby craft store and open those holes up so that better body clips will fit!
Old 04-28-2004, 06:33 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Darkseid: test this out..

Pro4 Set-up FORM

There are a few others working on a flash one and HPI will a cool one coming soon also.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:38 AM
Regional Moderator

Thanks Tres...

This one is perfect.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Set-UP Sheet help

I am having errors on my Windows PC about requiring a Japanese language pack. When I go to MS-I cannot find a Japanese Language pack to download. Can anyne help me please? I could really use a set-up sheet right now. Writing it all dwon on sheets of paper is getting old.
It downloads fine on my home Mac-but I dont have a printer on that computer.

Thanks,
Ray
Old 04-28-2004, 07:01 AM
Company Representative

http://www.adobe.com/products/acroba...nfontpack.html
Old 04-28-2004, 07:19 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks Tres!! Heres a pic of my sweeet Face plate from Tres!!!
Attached Thumbnails Hpi Pro 4-nats04bmi.jpg  
Old 04-28-2004, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ray - is your printer USB? You may be able to plug it into the Mac (which you should get rid of anyway you know, there aren't any games for it )

Darksied - maybe HPI is partly to blame, but I explained the situation as well as I could. There's not much reading between the lines anyone could do in my little dissertation there so you can take it at face value or not. I think it's just too easy for anyone in some shop to say, "HPI doesn't have parts." Especially when they don't know the lead times, order situaton, etc. Asking Erik won't solve anything - he's a designer, not a supply coordinator or buyer. His professional pride in his design may make him ask the purchasing department what's up but he's got other things to do.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

I really don't care whos fault it is?. Its all my fault, I broke the a-arm. It happens when you get a 10dbl at full sprint and hit a pipe. Its just that I ordered spare parts for the car from my lhs when I got the car a month ago. They still haven't recieved any arms yet. The same things happened with the bevel gears. If it wasn't for rczombies in selling me a gear set then I probably would still be waiting on it. All I want is a couple packages of arms so I can race this car.

I think its great Erik is on here. If hpi ask "what is one thing we could do to help the sales of our products?" Get Erik on here more often. The pro4 is one hell of a car. Its well thought out,great adjustablity, smooth to drive. I would like to know more about the relationship between the angled hinge pins and parallel in the terms of feel and results.

Last edited by CraigH; 04-28-2004 at 08:10 AM.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Frank, thanks for taking the time to write a serious input.

I'm in europe, scandinavia, and HPI support have been quite bad around here for quite a long time - unless you're lucky to be in one of the 2 european countries, which are big enough to make an interesting market.

Well, that what's the LHS says. But thing is, that so many LHS's and end users says it.

So I've been writing to HPI europe a couple of times. The answers I got, have been in different qualities, in terms of how reliable they were, so that didnt really make a difference.

Lately, the scandinavian distributor, has been centralized. Wether it's good or not, is hard to say, I havent had the chance for trying it yet.

But the picture is similar to the US; The LHS says it's HPI who's the bad guy, and HPI claims it's the distributors/LHS.

One thing for sure is, that several of the LHS's is like an uncle, which is just having a good time, whitout beeing professional in terms of follow up on orders to the distributor.

But what really makes me wonder, is that 2-3 years ago, HPI support was much better around here. Why?

It also appears to me, that these problems are bigger with HPI than with other brands (they aint perfect neither). I might be wrong about this, but next time I'll buy a car, I'll give another brand a try. Then, time will show if another brand can do it better.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by CraigH
Well tower now list the arms bo till may. Great ,I have a 300 dollar car I can't race. Should have stuck with the tc3. It doesnt handle as good but at least there is parts. Good Job HPI!
Order some from RainbowTen or RcModel overseas...shipping is not much more than Tower's
Old 04-28-2004, 08:07 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Rich_p
Thanks,

I have checked their site and can only seem to find blue ones.
Do you have a link to a shop that sells them or even has a picture or part number please.
There is an option to choose different colors..purple, blue, black, silver, gold, and gunmetal.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:11 AM
Tech Champion

If anyones interested in pivot blocks and new Pro4 springs:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=39332
Old 04-28-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

Pro-Squat is when you put a shim under the rear block in the back. What does it do on the track? IT helps the car carry more speed in tight corners. Car rotates and doesnt slow down nearly as much as without it. It feels like putting roll in your radio.

Why does it do it? I have no idea!!!

Tres-Well-if nothing else-my PC will be updated by the time I get all the stuff stuff downloaded!! I needed to install Adobe 6.0 to install the fonts, but to install the 6.0 I needed to install Service Pack #2 for Windows. me and computers are like oil and water.

Its almost done and thanks for the set-up sheet.
Ray
Old 04-28-2004, 08:31 AM
Company Representative

hmmmm. Installed the font pack Acrobat 5.

There was a VERSION option for the download.

I was still able to load the sheet without the fontpack, the missing fonts showed up as dots.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.