times lost the out-drive saver, four
times "dnf". PRM's are a tad tight on
the balls, but I'll try "working them"
in.
Old 04-09-2004, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

KevinK,

How is the car running? I posted the set up I had been running. I am trying new things each week. The BMI 3mm conversion made a big difference.................... Hope all is well bro!
Old 04-09-2004, 05:17 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Wll I started building my car lst night. So far it is a pleasure to build. No having to reem parts or anything like that to get a nice fit. Screws are no problem to put in if you have a nice 2mm ball driver ( I have a nice Thorp/MIP) so it has been easy. Overally quality is top notch so far. I'm going to build the diff right now and start putting the rear diff in and rear gear covers.

My new BMI chassis will be here early next week. Will switxch over to that chassis setup for next week. It will give me a chance to see what differances I see between the two setups.

Brian
Old 04-09-2004, 05:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Toe In/Out

How much toe In/Out is being run on the Pro4?
Old 04-09-2004, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

pops, when my dad picked up my pro4 today he was told to lightly sand the edges of the gear box case things until they sit nicely

if yours are maybe a bit off it may make your upper deck not sit right making you have a lot of tweak.

so maybe try sanding the edges.

also, i haven't built much of mine but its going together nicely
Old 04-09-2004, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

One tip! If you are using a tap for the droop screw holes, only put it in about 1/4 of the way. You want to droop screws to be tight, not loose.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Got the car today-got arms from rc-zombies-THANKS guys!!

I cannot wait to get the BMI stuff and build it!! Yahooo!!!

Joneser-did you get yours yet?
Ray
Old 04-09-2004, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by coastaltony
One tip! If you are using a tap for the droop screw holes, only put it in about 1/4 of the way. You want to droop screws to be tight, not loose.
Yup! I made the mistake of fully tapping one of my arms before I realized my mistake... at least I'll only have to be constantly checking ONE arm.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by cartmen34
Yup! I made the mistake of fully tapping one of my arms before I realized my mistake... at least I'll only have to be constantly checking ONE arm.
Dribble a little CA on the droop screw and wait for it to harden fully. Then screw it back into arm. SHould solve that problem fully.

Ray
Old 04-09-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by RBLove
KevinK,

How is the car running? I posted the set up I had been running. I am trying new things each week. The BMI 3mm conversion made a big difference.................... Hope all is well bro!
Rob

Im glad you joined the wagon. I'm loving mine, I'm wating on a BMI chassis myself so I can do some more testing. Ill probably get to run the car more in the next few weelks. Inventory at a shop is no Joke! specially when you cary as much stuff as we do.

Ray

what's up brother, call me at the shop if you need parts. I sent Eric a care package the other day.
Old 04-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by pucho
Rob

Im glad you joined the wagon. I'm loving mine, I'm wating on a BMI chassis myself so I can do some more testing. Ill probably get to run the car more in the next few weelks. Inventory at a shop is no Joke! specially when you cary as much stuff as we do.

Ray

what's up brother, call me at the shop if you need parts. I sent Eric a care package the other day.
YOu DA man!!! Thanks and I may be calling-heck just to shoot the bull and steal a set-up.

Tell me real quick-hows the carpet track and is the off-road track done yet?
Old 04-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Has anybody tried their Pro 4's on asphalt yet this season and if so what changes did you make to your box setup?

Mike
Old 04-09-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by RBLove
KevinK,

Hey Robbie.....The car is good I have a little on power push but the car is still as fast as my losi was...so once I get that out this weekend it will be even faster. This car is great the rip this thing has is silly. And once I get a PRP chassis Im sure it will be even better. Im just surprized that the car is as fast as it is off the board....I mean it took a while to get my losi this fast and this thing is that fast now....so whats going to happen in a couple more months. Your setup is really close to mine.....its funny. Anyway I hope all is going well with your family and your little girl is doing great.....ohh yeah and happy B-day......I just remember that I saw that the other day.....
Old 04-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Pro 4

Just sold my losi xxx-s G+ now i have my NEW Hpi Pro 4 on its way!! The losi was breaking arms like the last 3 of the 4 races that i raced and i only hit the wall maybe that one time the whole intire race.My bro has a pro 3 and it has ben to victory lane a few time already that car is so durable! its been racing for 2 years now and it NEVER broke a arm or anything!! hpi did a good job on that car so i know they did the same for the new pro 4! cant wait to get it on the track my friend just got a MI2 going to be fun racing the new cars together!!

hpi3270
Old 04-09-2004, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Michal101
Has anybody tried their Pro 4's on asphalt yet this season and if so what changes did you make to your box setup?

Mike
Actually, yes. I just ran mine on a med traction asphalt in about 70* weather this past weekend (RCHeat - Castle Park Race). I was running box stock setup and the only change I made was to disconnect the sway bars and increase droop about 1mm all the way around. The car was tight everywhere on the track in Stock and 19T with Sorex 24Rs. I tried TakeOff 27s but it made the car kinda twitchy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.