Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Roar Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Mike Boylan and the Thunder Crew really know how to put on a race! Come on ROAR. It just makes too much sense.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I say Omaha for the rug and Texas for the asphalt...
Old 09-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jimbo Morris
Mike Boylan and the Thunder Crew really know how to put on a race! Come on ROAR. It just makes too much sense.

Not to bash but your probably in Florida... pretty biased. Im pretty sure there are other facilities that are better than Minnreg. Also, roar does the work, not the racing staff from the track.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

And I can see your from texas, so that would make you pretty biased towards the track there as well correct me if I'm wrong. Don't come on here get your panties in a bundle and talk crap about other facilities. I didn't. I was just stating facts.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I don't run much 1/10th scale these days, but it would be nice to have an electric on-road national in this part of the country since there hasn't been one since Houston paved Nats in '98. Mike's is also probably one of the nicest facilities in the country as well as in essentially the same Metroplex (city) as the headquarters of RC AMERICA. These factors HAVE to count for something.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Just read this thread.. sorry for the late entrance...

The nationals guidelines clearly state the bid deadline is July 31 of any year. This year, I was unable to get the issue of RevUP ONLINE! out on time so I made the choice to extend the deadline to 8/31 for fairness to all tracks waiting for the announcement. Although, bids are accepted any time for the next years events. For example, the track in Nebrask submitted two of their carpet bids last February... they are very anxious to hear the choices... LOL

In the month of July and August, I received more bids than I have ever seen for ROAR nationals.. therefore, I do believe RMT is the answer and people want to see more of it and what ROAR can will be doing in the next few years.

I have asked the committee's to submit their recommendations no later than 9/30 so the Excom has time to discuss the options available and research information the committee's used to make the determinations by the time of the Fall meeting, which is the last weekend of October.

Typically, the announcements for nationals for the following year are made early to mid November, when each track host (there are 10!) can confirm the dates and expectations on both sides of the event. (Host and ROAR's expectations)

I know that is short time for the carpet events typically held in March.... although the bidding hosts are very aware of this when they bid. Most people who expect to travel to these events are also aware and ROAR will do everything possible to make the Carpet announcements as quick as possible.

Again, sorry for the late post on this topic.

Dawn Sanchez
ROAR VP
Acting Competition & Promotions Director
RevUP ONLINE! Editor

(dont' forget, the next issue of RevUP ONLINE! which is due online 10/1 will have the election ballot for region directors in odd numbered regions and Canada and the ROAR Vice President position)
Old 09-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

of course I would like to see the carpet nats in or near the NE since i'm from upstate NY, but looking at past years, i guess it is about time for TX or FL.

The opposite can be said for the paved nats though. When was the last time there was a paved nats anywhere near the NE? Please, please, pretty PLEASE bring it to the NE.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnnywhopper
The opposite can be said for the paved nats though. When was the last time there was a paved nats anywhere near the NE? Please, please, pretty PLEASE bring it to the NE.
+1
Old 09-25-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez

The nationals guidelines clearly state the bid deadline is July 31 of any year. This year, I was unable to get the issue of RevUP ONLINE! out on time so I made the choice to extend the deadline to 8/31 for fairness to all tracks waiting for the announcement. Although, bids are accepted any time for the next years events. For example, the track in Nebrask submitted two of their carpet bids last February... they are very anxious to hear the choices... LOL

In the month of July and August, I received more bids than I have ever seen for ROAR nationals.. therefore, I do believe RMT is the answer and people want to see more of it and what ROAR can will be doing in the next few years.

I have asked the committee's to submit their recommendations no later than 9/30 so the Excom has time to discuss the options available and research information the committee's used to make the determinations by the time of the Fall meeting, which is the last weekend of October.

Typically, the announcements for nationals for the following year are made early to mid November, when each track host (there are 10!) can confirm the dates and expectations on both sides of the event. (Host and ROAR's expectations)

I know that is short time for the carpet events typically held in March.... although the bidding hosts are very aware of this when they bid. Most people who expect to travel to these events are also aware and ROAR will do everything possible to make the Carpet announcements as quick as possible.

Dawn Sanchez
ROAR VP
RevUP ONLINE! Editor

(dont' forget, the next issue of RevUP ONLINE! which is due online 10/1 will have the election ballot for region directors in odd numbered regions and Canada and the ROAR Vice President position)
Dawn,
Thanks for the explanation. It's nice to know how things happen and when. Also appreciate your quick reply to my original email.
Mike
Old 09-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez

Dawn Sanchez
ROAR VP
RevUP ONLINE! Editor

Gee.. I wonder if the applications has anything to do with the current ROAR officiers.....
Old 09-25-2007, 05:04 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jimbo Morris
And I can see your from texas, so that would make you pretty biased towards the track there as well correct me if I'm wrong. Don't come on here get your panties in a bundle and talk crap about other facilities. I didn't. I was just stating facts.
Im not getting my panties in a bundle. Ive already stated the reasons why my home track should get the bid.. but you saying that it only "makes sense" for your track to get the race is incorrect. Also, I did not talk crap about "your" facility. Just stated that there are others that are probably better and that it doesn't just "make sense" to put it at Minnreg.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This is what makes sense

Omaha, Nebraska

Old 09-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

What's the most Centralized Track in the USA...????

The Big "O".... All of you would be warmly welcomed at the "PLEX"
Old 09-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbeardmore
What's the most Centralized Track in the USA...????

The Big "O".... All of you would be warmly welcomed at the "PLEX"
and Todd can get you a smokin deal on a new chevy or subaru
Old 09-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
and Todd can get you a smokin deal on a new chevy or subaru

Yeah - ask Matt he knows first hand...!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.