Search

SMC Lipos 7.4 5000mah

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
How do you know how tall I am ???
the lil bastid was in reference to you being a "bit of a bastid", not your height. but if you are "short", you talk tough
Old 09-27-2007, 12:36 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
Just an FYI -- It seems like 4800 Orion packs are getting a little cheaper...they're down to $129 at Speedtech

That's the same price as the SMC from what I can can see...tell me again why I want an SMC? I must have missed something...oh yeah...LOL...the "blowing the stickers off" stuff with the extra 200mAH.

Josh Cyrul is selling our packs for 119.95 which he posted in an earlier post.

You guys can keep running the 20C/4800 packs but bottom line if speed and performance is important than our pack will be the way to go.

We have also asked our supplier to make a stronger pack with lower IR and better average voltage. They tell us they can do this and for all you Lipo lovers this will most likely come in a hard case.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC

You guys can keep running the 20C/4800 packs but bottom line if speed and performance is important than our pack will be the way to go.

We have also asked our supplier to make a stronger pack with lower IR and better average voltage. They tell us they can do this and for all you Lipo lovers this will most likely come in a hard case.

I purchased one of those packs and so far I'm happy with its performance.

Will you be labeling the packs with the same info as you do with the nimh batterries, IR, average voltage, etc. ?
Old 09-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC

Danny, not for nothing, you either have SERIOUS faith in your product or just a bit more than average arrogance. You say folks can "keep running their 4800's" like thats a bad thing....as if people are going to chuck the packs they have in favor of yours. No matter what people are currently running, you telling people that "your packs are better because I say so" isnt going to get the average consumer to jump on the "SMC/soft case/holy s**t, it's how much?/who is their lipo maker?" bandwagon. Jack was a a bit evasive but one can understand that (a little bit anyways). Again, pitting yours against Orion out the gate is like running before you can walk. Take babysteps, develop a following then go up against the big boys. Remember this, I dont run Orions stuff, I run Maxamps. With the selection they have and enduros people have one with their packs, THEY dont even go head to head verbally against Orion.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Danny, not for nothing, you either have SERIOUS faith in your product or just a bit more than average arrogance. You say folks can "keep running their 4800's" like thats a bad thing....as if people are going to chuck the packs they have in favor of yours. No matter what people are currently running, you telling people that "your packs are better because I say so" isnt going to get the average consumer to jump on the "SMC/soft case/holy s**t, it's how much?/who is their lipo maker?" bandwagon. Jack was a a bit evasive but one can understand that (a little bit anyways). Again, pitting yours against Orion out the gate is like running before you can walk. Take babysteps, develop a following then go up against the big boys. Remember this, I dont run Orions stuff, I run Maxamps. With the selection they have and enduros people have one with their packs, THEY dont even go head to head verbally against Orion.
Your short amount of time in this hobby shows right here. SMC has PROVEN time and time again that they are at the top of thieir game when it comes to performance. Instead of spouting off what you "think" you know, why don't you just sit back, learn something and THEN come to a conclusion. If Danny says his battery will perform BETTER than that of the competition it is because it has been TESTED by drivers better than you and me. You don't really think he would come out here and just say this stuff for fun do you? You are entitled to your opinions but without any real experience behind them you are just blowing hot air.

FYI, SMC is one of the big boys....
Old 09-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

BX, this is no different then any other RC product. Everyone says they have the best product, they then sign up a top driver to prove it (as though driving skill makes no different) and then we all run out and buy it. I dont think you will find an RC vendor on here that will say their product is the same or slightly worse then another.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
You don't really think he would come out here and just say this stuff for fun do you?
You mean like everyone else in the R/C industry?
Old 09-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
You mean like everyone else in the R/C industry?
How many company owners do you see on here talking to average joe?
Old 09-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

At least 20 that I can think of, probably more.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Hah! Ever read the forums? Not just here, either... I can probably put together a list of 50+ R/C companies of all sizes pimping their products on web forums. And they all say their stuff is the best.

Grain of salt, dude.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Hah! Ever read the forums? Not just here, either... I can probably put together a list of 50+ R/C companies of all sizes pimping their products on web forums. And they all say their stuff is the best.

Grain of salt, dude.
Sorry, I was thinking along the lines of Trinity or Orion. One can never forget that "most" of the R/C industry is small companies hawking their wares...
Old 09-27-2007, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Sorry, I was thinking along the lines of Trinity or Orion. One can never forget that "most" of the R/C industry is small companies hawking their wares...
Well, to answer your question, Orion has had a pretty good non-combative presence on this board. Granted I'll allow that Trinity's head honcho only seems to show up when he wants to bash brushless and lipo tech.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

True, but while Ernie only comes on forums when someone accuses him of poor business ethics, when Rick Howart was still with Peak/Orion, he was VERY in touch with the customer base on the web, and answered everything asked of him. I would expect the same of him while he is at Reedy, too.

But I digress...

Buyers WILL eventually need to know what makes these packs better, and why.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

What are the physical dimensions of the new LiPo? If and when the hard case does come along hopefully it will be short enough to fit in the 08 Xray T2 US edition.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

True, but while Ernie only comes on forums when someone accuses him of poor business ethics, when Rick Howart was still with Peak/Orion, he was VERY in touch with the customer base on the web, and answered everything asked of him. I would expect the same of him while he is at Reedy, too.

But I digress...

Buyers WILL eventually need to know what makes these packs better, and why.
If memory serves correctly...it will be a better perfoming battery because the IR is lower and the Voltage is higher. The exact same things that dictate battery performance today. P.S. capacity is higher and that is always a plus when you look at discharge curves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.