Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 07:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Protrak would get my vote.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:32 AM
Tech Addict

asimo

By running your car 'till it slows you are probably taking the cells down to around 5.4V anyway so you should be OK doing what you are doing, especially if you're not doing any 'serious' racing (shouldn't it all be fun ). As long as you leave them to cool before charging, I suggest 1.5 - 2 hours.

Last edited by JohnA; 10-27-2003 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-27-2003, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

JohnA - I'll find the time to do that alternative ProTrak/CDC comparison - anything in the name of science!
Old 10-27-2003, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Or what about schulze´chargers?

Hi There Disaster 999,

I have both the Schulze Ecolader and the Orbit Race. Both are excellent chargers.

Schulze:
3 Output Leads to charge three seperate packs
Lead 1 is from 0.1A to 10A charge on linear or pulse charging(Both have with or without refresh)
Lead 2 is from 0.1 - 5A.Same charging characteristics as lead 1.
Lead 3 is for transimitter packs.

The charger comes with a temperature sensor lead to do termperature termination. PEak detection can be adjusted from 0 m/v per cell to 0.5m/v per cell.

You can do the following cycles:
Auto Charge : The charger in creases the current depending on your cells measured IR to your pre-determined maximum amps
Fix Charge:
Auto CD : Automatic Charge Discharge
Auto DC
Fix CD
Fix DC
Auto D
Fix D

The charger can also do matching and hook up to the computer, all the necessary cables are included in the set. Other functions as well but a little too long to put here.

The Orbit is a small pit charger that can charge all types of batteries including lithium and your lead acid batteries.

Has a function that can help to format cells and power lathes and break in mortors. charging can be done in pulse and linear. All in all they are great chargers.

Let me know if there is any other stuff that you would like to know.

cheers

Originally posted by disaster999
i havent even hear of this brand of charger! the only not US brand charger here is the GM commander and it too isnt popular, all the american uses american charger, yokomo chargers are beginning to get popular slowly...so i couldnt really tell you much about that charger
Old 12-29-2003, 04:27 AM
Tech Addict

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Straight 4ED, Record Breaker and Frontline chargers?
If I would buy one of those, does it come with an english manual?
Old 01-08-2004, 05:34 AM
Tech Addict

Answer NOW!!!!!
Old 01-08-2004, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

ok i'll answer for ya.

not a clue ! lol

yw =]
ron
Old 01-08-2004, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

Default pitbull

I would personally go with the pitbull but if you can afford it get the turbo 35 gfx
Old 01-08-2004, 08:03 AM
Tech Addict

Sure C.E. chargers are very good, good quality components (inside), hold their value but... These are so damn ugly (their casing look like some 1960's plastic design), turn button on GFX feels so cheap and in reality they have no special feature you can't have with other cheaper chargers. I don't care about the price (Futaba CDR 5000) but not one hair on my head thinks about buying a C.E.

I'll go for the Straight one (if I get an English translated manual), the Futaba CDR 5000 or the Pro Trak.

No offence to C.E. owners.
Old 01-08-2004, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

I just finally broke down and forked out the money for a CE Turbo, I've been wanting one since the early 90's... I must admit, the instructions on my Turbo 35 GFX suck, guess I'll figure it out sooner or later...

And... There is nothing wrong with the retro look... No all of us are teenagers here and I think I'm starting to wear the retro look well...
Old 01-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

Nothing wrong with retro look (not that they ever had a modern look) but C.E. products look so ugly that even if you put a steak on it a dog wouldn't come near it !
All in all nothin' special. If you are that good manufacturer you must have at least a good website but the C.E. looks very amateur.

C.E. best product was their Dyno. Go with an other brand and don't waste your money on a C.E. product.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Seems Orion are working on a very nice charger but no pics yet!
Old 01-14-2004, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
I went through the same guessing how to operate the GFX troubles. I'm finding that it is fun to be surpised with the other things it does. Now I wish I had 2. There's always something I want it to do other than charge a battery. Go to the GFX forum.
lol

Originally posted by vtl1180ny
I just finally broke down and forked out the money for a CE Turbo, I've been wanting one since the early 90's... I must admit, the instructions on my Turbo 35 GFX suck, guess I'll figure it out sooner or later...

And... There is nothing wrong with the retro look... No all of us are teenagers here and I think I'm starting to wear the retro look well...
Old 01-14-2004, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Best Charger

Well you cannot get them any more unless you buy them used, but I would vote for the Victor Engneering Super IQ2. ( you can still find them on ebay at times)

That being said in it's stead I would vote for the Pro Trak charger

I have had many, Victor, Integy, CE, Tekin etc. my favorite was the Victor followed closely by the ProTrak.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Todd AKA deltaman.
Get back to work. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.