Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

TRF416 World Edition will in OCT Japan hobby show on !
Old 09-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
TRF416 World Edition will in OCT Japan hobby show on !
have photo?
Old 09-16-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
have photo?
see Tamiya web site la !
Old 09-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

yup, it's on there....

1/10RC TRF416 ワールドエディション

which, according to google translates as TRF416 Explore the World

Thought it would be on the way, my guess, it's a 416 kit with all the bits that are being used on the car now... now I have an excuse to get a wet car, hehe.

Guess we'll find more out on the 18th and 19th of October...

Ed
Old 09-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
yup, it's on there....

1/10RC TRF416 ワールドエディション

which, according to google translates as TRF416 Explore the World

Thought it would be on the way, my guess, it's a 416 kit with all the bits that are being used on the car now... now I have an excuse to get a wet car, hehe.

Guess we'll find more out on the 18th and 19th of October...

Ed
damn if only I needed a second car

I experimented with the hpi springs yesterday and was pretty impressed. Going from tamiya white/blue (F/R) I tried HPI silver/blue, which was a bit understeery - strange because compared to the tamiya springs the fronts are softer and the rears firmer - then tried silver/silver as used at the euros, the car was better balanced but lacking a little grip on our dusty track, so gave blue/blue a go and this hooked the car up really nicely, TQ'd and won. I'm really impressed with the HPI springs, the car feels quite different with them and is more progressive on the limit; with the tamiya springs if I threw it into a corner too hard the point where it would break traction would come suddenly, with the HPIs its a much more gradual transition so I could use the rear end to steer through corners and get on the power earlier.

I wonder if the worlds car will come with them
Old 09-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Is it just HPI 6542 & 6543 you guys are using?

Not sure if it helps, but I dug up this chart from HPI which lists that group of springs with the weights in lbs. They're under "Pro 4 Springs."

http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/in...r_Outlined.jpg
Old 09-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CraigM
damn if only I needed a second car

I experimented with the hpi springs yesterday and was pretty impressed. Going from tamiya white/blue (F/R) I tried HPI silver/blue, which was a bit understeery - strange because compared to the tamiya springs the fronts are softer and the rears firmer - then tried silver/silver as used at the euros, the car was better balanced but lacking a little grip on our dusty track, so gave blue/blue a go and this hooked the car up really nicely, TQ'd and won. I'm really impressed with the HPI springs, the car feels quite different with them and is more progressive on the limit; with the tamiya springs if I threw it into a corner too hard the point where it would break traction would come suddenly, with the HPIs its a much more gradual transition so I could use the rear end to steer through corners and get on the power earlier.

I wonder if the worlds car will come with them
Mate if this thing is coming out then I need a 2nd car!

Craig's car was well hooked up last night on those HPI springs. Will definitely be trying them very soon! Very nice work Craig.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

sad that its not on the tamiyausa site, i couldnt even find it on their jap site!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

can i have the web address where i can see 416 WC pics??????
Old 09-16-2008, 11:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by t4m1y4niac
can i have the web address where i can see 416 WC pics??????
+1!

What are we thinking it will come with? I'd say
- spool
- short arms
- 44mm driveshafts
- different suspension blocks e.g. C/C, XA/E
- 1pc top deck?
- harder springs? e.g. white/blue
Old 09-16-2008, 11:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CraigM
+1!

What are we thinking it will come with? I'd say
- spool
- short arms
- 44mm driveshafts
- different suspension blocks e.g. C/C, XA/E
- 1pc top deck?
- harder springs? e.g. white/blue
Agreed, possibly with the new motor mount the team are running, and maybe a carbon cross brace for the steering...
Link - http://www.tamiya.com/japan/hobbyshow/index.htm - first item under the RC Models heading...

As for the HPI springs, thats interesting, cause I tried Silver/blue this weekend and found the car to be binding up mid corner as it was rolling over too much. I went back to the tamiya White/blue and it was fine.

Having said that, the track I race on is pretty high grip. I'm going to try HPI pinks and silvers next time out, and see how that goes. I don't doubt the silver/blues works on a lower grip track though, and the car did seem to roll more progressively than with the tamiya springs (so agree with you there), just too much for my track

Anyway, have a look at my latest setup from the weekend, I've done some interesting things on there now... and was on for a PB at the track in the last final, even though the rear end was a little loose I think with the HPI's and a little more rear end grip, I could be on for a 21 lapper (the holy grail for prostock at our track )

Regards
Ed
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X-reality-cup-rd6.jpg  
Old 09-17-2008, 12:29 AM
Tech Addict

Sorry to go off topic, I notice further down the list of new releases there's mention of Brushless Transpeed motors and Brushless Motor Controllers.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Skitee
Sorry to go off topic, I notice further down the list of new releases there's mention of Brushless Transpeed motors and Brushless Motor Controllers.
Interesting... my guess they'll be based off the KO brushless system...
Old 09-17-2008, 12:48 AM
Tech Addict

Yip, if you look at Tamiya's past relationship with KO Propo and the Volac MS ESC then I think it's a safe bet to assume that the brushless controller would essentially be a KO Propo VFS-1 BMC.

I wonder if the Transpeed brushless mod motors would also be based on the Orion Vortex brushless?, might be since the 9T/10T brushed Transpeed motors were based on the Orion V2 mods.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TryHard
Agreed, possibly with the new motor mount the team are running, and maybe a carbon cross brace for the steering...
Link - http://www.tamiya.com/japan/hobbyshow/index.htm - first item under the RC Models heading...

As for the HPI springs, thats interesting, cause I tried Silver/blue this weekend and found the car to be binding up mid corner as it was rolling over too much. I went back to the tamiya White/blue and it was fine.

Having said that, the track I race on is pretty high grip. I'm going to try HPI pinks and silvers next time out, and see how that goes. I don't doubt the silver/blues works on a lower grip track though, and the car did seem to roll more progressively than with the tamiya springs (so agree with you there), just too much for my track

Anyway, have a look at my latest setup from the weekend, I've done some interesting things on there now... and was on for a PB at the track in the last final, even though the rear end was a little loose I think with the HPI's and a little more rear end grip, I could be on for a 21 lapper (the holy grail for prostock at our track )

Regards
Ed
Interesting set up Ed, is the front kick up for the bumpy track again or is the pro-dive deliberate? Also is the track high speed as well as high grip? The set up looks like it would understeer, compared to my old set up with the same springs the front suspension is stiffer, the front roll centre higher, but then you've countered it with the lowered front hubs, less rear toe, more upright rear shocks, and medium rear sway bar, so less grip all around and pretty stiff... I'll def print this out for our state titles which are on a big grippy track

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.