Search
Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
It would also be nice if it was stated somewhere if your running 5 cell, 6 cell or Lipo. And what the placement of the cells are, if used.

Same for stating if your running the 416 or the WE chassiss.

I'm also only running on carpet/rubber tire, but haven't got a killer setup worth sharing, although its very similar to syndromes.
ok ok sorry

i run lipos with 95g of weight ontop of them made from stick wheel weights from cars , there is no other weight on my chassis which is slightly scratched underneath and it is a WE chassis , some times i use 5 cells with no extra weight and them up front on the chassis

hope this is a little more infomation for a set up sheet
Old 08-12-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
cool i will try it thank you and if you dont mind posting up your set up it would be cool
Here's mine after last night. Car weighs 1505g and is pretty much perfectly balanced side to side.

Still a few things to work on: Car needs to be a little more reactive going into a corner. Its good through the middle, and a fraction loose coming out of turns. Will try different wheel spacers next time firstly.

Air temp on the sheet is what my car's thermometer was showing as I arrived at the hall. No idea of the actual temp of the hall or track though I'm afraid.

Hope its of some use, if nothing else just to give you an idea of where I'm looking!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
416 Southend.pdf (476.6 KB, 228 views)
Old 08-12-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (98%+)

wheres the best place to get bearings for this car? AVID? ABEC35?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigger Brother
Here's mine after last night. Car weighs 1505g and is pretty much perfectly balanced side to side.

Still a few things to work on: Car needs to be a little more reactive going into a corner. Its good through the middle, and a fraction loose coming out of turns. Will try different wheel spacers next time firstly.

Air temp on the sheet is what my car's thermometer was showing as I arrived at the hall. No idea of the actual temp of the hall or track though I'm afraid.

Hope its of some use, if nothing else just to give you an idea of where I'm looking!
Is that on carpet? Indoor doesn't neccessarily mean carpet any more, so I have to ask. Thanks
Old 08-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Is that on carpet? Indoor doesn't neccessarily mean carpet any more, so I have to ask. Thanks
We had a beautiful indoor asphalt track but the guy was sort of a jerk and no one went there.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Yes, Carpet. Prima Track GT to be precise - the proper racing carpet manufactured in the UK, I believe very similar to the CRC in the States.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wstuart
wheres the best place to get bearings for this car? AVID? ABEC35?
I have just ordered a set from walawala on ebay. They are very cheap to try at about $10 a set for non-ceramics. I have used their ceramic diff balls in the past and they have worked as well as expensive ones from Xenon. They've been around for a while which should indicate their products are of reasonable quality.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
We had a beautiful indoor asphalt track but the guy was sort of a jerk and no one went there.
So, you ran an indoor asphalt track did you?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by miccal
So, you ran an indoor asphalt track did you?
It was very nice ... but no one wanted to race there.
Not very sure why tho. Shame it went to waste.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Regular

I will getting my 416we in a few days is there any other parts I need other than what the kit come with, I notice on some of the setup they use different pivot blocks I will be getting arms and c hubs for spear is there any other parts I need for spears, thank you.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ramyuras
I will getting my 416we in a few days is there any other parts I need other than what the kit come with, I notice on some of the setup they use different pivot blocks I will be getting arms and c hubs for spear is there any other parts I need for spears, thank you.
hey its good idea to get steel axcels it comes with alu ones and spare spool cups
Old 08-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by P.I.M.P
hey its good idea to get steel axcels it comes with alu ones and spare spool cups
+1 for that

i drove 4 mins of the ETS with no brakes and 3 wheel drive because i had the steel shafts in my box and hadn't fitted them

OOPS

also but 1D 1D front blocks and a selection of ones for the rear , gives you some tuning options
Old 08-13-2009, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

That sucks. All you need is one jerk to ruin it for the whole club. Seen that happen.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Ramyuras
That sounds about right but you want to get the IFS "C" hubs as they will actually last more than just a few laps....
Get a few extra blades for the bones and a hand full or wheel bearings too.. just in case.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

That sounds about right but you want to get the IFS "C" hubs as they will actually last more than just a few laps....
Get a few extra blades for the bones and a hand full or wheel bearings too.. just in case.
Good to know, do you know the number for the IFS "C"? I am have problems with the suspension blocks with all the letters and numbers which is the best ones to get and do they have a CHART for the blocks? thank you all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.