Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

GM Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

has anyone driven a more smoother speed control than a GM?

I swear any other speedy after a GM is rough as guts. I've had them all and I will most likely go back to GM.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by hana166
I don't know if this will help but...

There are two GM 10.5 motors

Big rotor (red) high 1600 gauss 12.5mm - 97305

Small rotor (purple) 1300 gauss 12.3mm - 97290

I use both these motors and a Graupner 6567, they are not similar, each has its own different strengths

The big rotor 97305 has much more torque, and will not tolerate really high Fixed timing values and is likely to drop off a bit unless geared perfectly with an appropriate FT setting.

If you need punch and awesome brakes this is very good

The small rotor 97290 has much less torque, tends to draw less current, revs more freely at top speed and can handle very high values for Fixed Timing without significantly dropping off.

If its flowing, fast and you don't need amazing brakes I use this motor
Hi Hanna thanks for re-ply it has got me thinking as what your have described about the big rotor is exactly how the motor that iam useing at the moment is running.Will have to have a look at buying a small rotor.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YZFAndy
Hi
I see a lot of people recommend running profile 9 on this controller but i can find two. Which does what?

There is one setting that refers to 9 on the Acceleration page which says:
9 = middle additional timing 2 for 9.5T - 13.5T motors

And there is another setting that refers to 9 on the transmitter/mode page which in the help file says:
Mode 9 (forward, with brakes): max. additional timing.

Whats the difference and which should i be using? Is one for throttle curve rather than timing and just explained wrong?
Profile 9 is mode 9

If you use throttle curves they will disable most of the other timing settings
Old 08-23-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hacker
has anyone driven a more smoother speed control than a GM?

I swear any other speedy after a GM is rough as guts. I've had them all and I will most likely go back to GM.
EXACTLY what I think

Black diamond owners swear by the v2 though
Old 08-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hana166
Profile 9 is mode 9

If you use throttle curves they will disable most of the other timing settings
So what are the power curves for on the acceleration page? are these throttle curves because they also suggest they add timing!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

So what are the power curves for on the acceleration page? are these throttle curves because they also suggest they add timing!
program 9 is selected by using the transmitter selection method and are a complete set of settings configured for that program not just a curve.

the power curves are indeed timing profiles vs throttle or rpm not just throttle curves.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tomracing
program 9 is selected by using the transmitter selection method and are a complete set of settings configured for that program not just a curve.

the power curves are indeed timing profiles vs throttle or rpm not just throttle curves.
Right! I think I'm making sense of it now. The throttle curve aggression is caused by increased timing curve rather than something like positive exponential!

So for max timing mode i need to set it at mode 9 in the transmitter/mode page and leave the power curve on the Acceleration page set to "0 = no additional timing with power curves. Other timing adjustments are used."?

Just one final question. If i set it to mode 9 then start messing with the brake, power or any other setting will i be overwriting the default mode 9?

Thanks for everyone patience
Old 08-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

So for max timing mode i need to set it at mode 9 in the transmitter/mode page and leave the power curve on the Acceleration page set to "0 = no additional timing with power curves. Other timing adjustments are used."?

Just one final question. If i set it to mode 9 then start messing with the brake, power or any other setting will i be overwriting the default mode 9?

Thanks for everyone patience
Andy,

you better read the manual once more to see the mode selection using set button and transmitter throttle. selecting mode 9 in the As software alone does not give you the full programming of mode9 neither does loading one of the example gda files that are sometimes shipped with the software.
here is the instructions start on page 3.
http://www.graupner.de/fileadmin/dow...x_short_en.pdf

if you change something in program9 and save it to program9 you will have changed the values of program9 but they can easily be recovered by a factory reset.
OR
the mode setting in the software is good for saving the changes you make to a program you never use like 4 or 5 which standard include a reverse.
so to summarize: choose mode9 by your transmitter, load it to the software on your computer, make your changes and change the mode nr on the transmitter page to a mode you don't need normally (clicking yes to the first question and no to the second)
and finally send that to your esc.
you now have both the standard mode9 and your changed mode9 available to you at the track and can switch between the two without a computer needed.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tomracing
Andy,

you better read the manual once more
I'm not doing that again, thats why i'm so confused in the first place.

Thanks for your help. I'll have a play with what you've said next practice.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Default 95 doesn't run anymore

I haven''t used my 95 for a litlle while but now I tried to install it, it doesn't function.

It pops On as soon as I hook it up to power (which I know is a setting).
The leds blink when I hit throttle, but the motor bdoes not run.
I do not seem able to reset it, maybe anyone can explain again please?
Setting up the transmitter doesn't work, and also no beeps at all.

Could anyone here please take me through the steps one by one...I'm probably daft, but I'ld like to use this speedo again (for senosreless races)

But it smells ok not a burnsmell or anything at all.

Kind regards,
Pizza
Old 08-26-2010, 07:04 AM
Tech Adept

hi, maybe you soldered the motor wires wrong. they are switched compared to other escs.

At all: software version 13.0 is available at gm-racing.de ---> downloads--->software for the gen II speedos with improved brakes
Old 08-26-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the heads up

Look forward to try this tomorrow
Old 08-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yesterday I picked up my new GM120 G2 and it looks great! This weekend I will try it out in a race.

I downloaded the software version V1.6.3 and when I hook up the ESC it says that the ESC has firmware V12.1
Now I understand that there is a V13.0 firmware update available and I saw it on the GM-racing.de site. But how exactly do I update the firmware in the ESC???

I drive a Pro10 with 2S lipo and a 10.5 GM ProStock motor and I have set mode 9 in the ESC. I gues that is a good starting point?
Old 08-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Joost K.
Yesterday I picked up my new GM120 G2 and it looks great! This weekend I will try it out in a race.

I downloaded the software version V1.6.3 and when I hook up the ESC it says that the ESC has firmware V12.1
Now I understand that there is a V13.0 firmware update available and I saw it on the GM-racing.de site. But how exactly do I update the firmware in the ESC???

I drive a Pro10 with 2S lipo and a 10.5 GM ProStock motor and I have set mode 9 in the ESC. I gues that is a good starting point?
Hi Joost,
that is about time right?
to update the firmware you need this software from gm
http://www.gm-racing.de/rwdownload/index.php?dl=127
and the new firmware 13.0
http://www.gm-racing.de/rwdownload/index.php?dl=154

mode9 might be to high to start in.
try starting with mode7

see you in eindhoven
Old 08-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ahhhh okay, thanks Tom! I missed the upgrader on page 2

Yeah well... It was ready for pick-up a month ago but with my holyday I wasn't able to pick it up so...

See you in Eindhoven Tom [dutchmode]Ik heb er zin in!!![/dutchmode]

Hopefully the weather gets good...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.