Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Nick
Thanks again JayBee =)
Old 11-13-2007, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

I've heard talks of some minor tweaks being made to the new prizm touring car wheel. Is this true and are the changes going to stiffen up the wheel at all?

Thanks Jaco!
Old 11-13-2007, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

nick or shawn make sure you bring the bear to every race you guys go to he can sure come in handy just ask him about the main at speedzone and the blocks being layed down ahahahaha..

after doing a ton of testing latley i have found that my car is the best with megentas all the way around instead of double pinks , but this is for high bite style tracks with the softer tire it just seems to flow throught a corner alot better then with aslightly harder one
Old 11-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RBLove
I've heard talks of some minor tweaks being made to the new prizm touring car wheel. Is this true and are the changes going to stiffen up the wheel at all?
If this is true can this be the reason for the cheap prices on JACO tires right now or can we expect to see these $9.99 prices for a long time to come? That price almost makes me want to start racing foams again.....
Old 11-14-2007, 02:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

We have no control over the prices that a given shop sells for, however I would expect to see aggressive pricing continue as we are giving good deals to promote our line and encourage foam racing. Last year we were "accused" by some of hurting electric TC racing with our 2-stage tire. We want to be part of the solution, not the problem. If we can somehow contribute to the revitalization of sedan racing, we are all for it. We are in this business for the long haul.

Yes, we are stiffening our wheel a little bit. Our drivers are split about the need to do this. Some want it, some don't. We don't want to lose our 3 gram per wheel weight advantage over our competitors, so the changes are very minimal. We are also doing the 1/12 front.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Yes, we are stiffening our wheel a little bit. Our drivers are split about the need to do this. Some want it, some don't. We don't want to lose our 3 gram per wheel weight advantage over our competitors, so the changes are very minimal. We are also doing the 1/12 front.
Thanks Jack. Sounds like a good wheel will be an even better wheel.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I don't know, you stiffen it too much and then we'll be cracking them. I cracked numerous Jaco rims in the past before switching to Parma. I liked the new Jaco rim design so I thougth I would give the prisms a try and so far not one cracked rim or chunked tire, I'm very happy with the new rim and thought they were plenty stiff.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
I don't know, you stiffen it too much and then we'll be cracking them. I cracked numerous Jaco rims in the past before switching to Parma. I liked the new Jaco rim design so I thougth I would give the prisms a try and so far not one cracked rim or chunked tire, I'm very happy with the new rim and thought they were plenty stiff.
You are exactly right. We cannot sacrifice strength for rigidity or add additional weight. This is why the changes are minor. The plastic we are now using for our sedan wheels is the same material we use on the 1/8 wheels. It is the strongest and lightest material we have seen yet. It does flex more than the composite material used by other companies, but it is lighter and is nearly indestructible. We learned our lesson the hard way with our dish wheel.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Adept

Jack Rimer,

Are you going to have your tires at the Cleveland race for sale?
Old 11-14-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
Jack Rimer,

Are you going to have your tires at the Cleveland race for sale?
yes the hobby shop there should have them
Old 11-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kevin K
If this is true can this be the reason for the cheap prices on JACO tires right now or can we expect to see these $9.99 prices for a long time to come? That price almost makes me want to start racing foams again.....
There are apparently a few select Companies that are given better deals on prisms.

Due to this unfair business practice I am considering banning, and boycotting Jaco tires at my track. To bad to they are nice tires. Our cost at any Distributer (Horizion, G.P., HRP) is around $1.00 to $2.00 less than what they are selling at retail at some mail order shops.

I would have thought Jaco with its racing background would be smarter about this. If a local shop at a track cannot sell simple consumables like tires, there won't be many tracks to run at.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Banning cheap well performing tires I would think this would bring more racers out and bring the cost of racing down a little. win/win I would think
Old 11-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JoeGlover
Banning cheap well performing tires I would think this would bring more racers out and bring the cost of racing down a little. win/win I would think
Common misconception, race fees don't keep a track open. And if the tracks can't sell the simple consumables competitively, we cannot pay the bills. There are enough quality tire manufactors out there we can choose from, that don't deal unfairly with us local shops.

A good comparison would be if GM decided to sell cars to a few specific dealerships in the Country at a different rate. What do you think would happen.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark O'Brien
Common misconception, race fees don't keep a track open. And if the tracks can't sell the simple consumables competitively, we cannot pay the bills. There are enough quality tire manufactors out there we can choose from, that don't deal unfairly with us local shops.

A good comparison would be if GM decided to sell cars to a few specific dealerships in the Country at a different rate. What do you think would happen.
Not selling jaco tires is fine, but not allowing people to run them is not ok.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I wonder if all that money they're saving on glue is why the price of the tires is so low? :-D

I really do like the Prisms, but man they come unglued really easily.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.