Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSchorr
So now that you select individuals have the new BMI car, you must post pics with your electronics, Sry, its required... read the instructions... the fine print... teehee.
NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't, it will just build the anticipation for those of us that don't have it yet. I don't know if my anticipation can get any higher. Look at the time stamp. I normally go to bed at 12, but Friday when my dad told me he ordered it and it will be comming, I can't go to sleep anymore.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RCSteve93
Here is a quick guide to bodies...

Parma Speed 8* - Best for stock and 19 turn, low drag and medium downforce, very stable
Parma Speed 8 HD* - Best for mod, high downforce and medium drag, very stable and planted
Protoform Speed 12* - Best for mod, medium stability, high downforce and a little less drag than Speed 8 HD
Protoform Speed 12b* - Best for stock and 19 turn, Medium stability, good downforce and very low drag.
*Light wieght version uses thinner lexan.
What I find nice on the Speed 8 bodies is they have better clearance for tires, so if you want to run a little taller of a tire it's not a problem. With the Speed 12 you have to run a very low tire. But recently I've switched to running the 12B on my current car. At first I didn't like the look of the 12b, the cockpit just looked too small and too far back. But after mounting one on my car and seeing how it fit like a glove I completely changed my mind and really like it a lot now. The cool thing about the 12b is the way Protoform designed it with ridges and creases in just the right spot...it tends to be stiffer then other light weight bodies and doesn't flare out the front of the wheel wells either. I have yet to attach the additional spoiler as my car works well without it...but one of these days I should try it.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey guys,

for this next run of cars we are going to be introducing a new option with your purchase.we have now stocked up on the new Jaco Prism 1/12th tires and will be offering the kit with and without tires.we will be offering them with your choice of 2x pink fronts or lilac fronts and pink or yellow rears.the kit without the tires is still at the 250.00 price and the kit with your choice of tires will be 269.99.we thought this would be a nice option being that not everyone runs the same class or on the same surface.this will allow you to get the tires that you want or need.thanks again for all of the ongoing support.

Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Old 08-27-2007, 06:58 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

are we able to buy multiple sets of tires with the car instead of just one?
Old 08-27-2007, 07:16 AM
Tech Lord

i will be carrying boxed tires also very soon.right now i have purchased tires for putting in the kits.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:58 AM
aca
Tech Initiate

Jason, I've got my DB12R assembled now but I have a question about the preload of the center spring. I've never have found an answer to what or how to set the center spring preload. I know this must be a newbie question, but i'd like the proper method.

Thanks
Allen
Old 08-27-2007, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
hey guys,

for this next run of cars we are going to be introducing a new option with your purchase.we have now stocked up on the new Jaco Prism 1/12th tires and will be offering the kit with and without tires.we will be offering them with your choice of 2x pink fronts or lilac fronts and pink or yellow rears.the kit without the tires is still at the 250.00 price and the kit with your choice of tires will be 269.99.we thought this would be a nice option being that not everyone runs the same class or on the same surface.this will allow you to get the tires that you want or need.thanks again for all of the ongoing support.

Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Hey Jason put me down for a kit from your next batch
Old 08-27-2007, 08:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Hey Jason put me down for a kit from your next batch
Me too! Put mine on Macros's tab.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSchorr
So now that you select individuals have the new BMI car, you must post pics with your electronics, Sry, its required... read the instructions... the fine print... teehee.
Check the first page......
Mine is posted.
Only thing different is the rear pod....All the rest is exactly the same...
Well except for a little wear on the bottom of the chassis.
-Shookie <><
Old 08-27-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by aca
Jason, I've got my DB12R assembled now but I have a question about the preload of the center spring. I've never have found an answer to what or how to set the center spring preload. I know this must be a newbie question, but i'd like the proper method.

Thanks
Allen

hey allen,

what i usually do is set it with the shock off the car.i set the collar so it just touches the spring and then i turn it in 1 full turn.i put the shock back on the car and set the pod droop by adjusting the shock length.you do this by screwing the ball cups on more or less according to the direction you need to go.if need be,you can cut a little material off the ball cup so it can screw on further.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Building tips: Read the direction first... Lay out everything.... Read the directions a second time and use a hi-lighter on the important tips. Take time to really look at the pics in the manual and in here... I rushed throught a couple of front end building steps and did not go back to verify the correct assembly... This was my fault and not BMI or the directions...
Some more building tips...
The rear axle, mine is a little tight and I'm going to smooth the axle out with 2000 grit autobody sandpaper.. It goes it tight on the bearings and it needs to be a good fit but not too tight...
Make sure the side damper are install so the openning is on top and not next to the rear wheels....

Other than that the car is a solid piece of engineering..... But thats what happens when an engineer ( See J. Hudy of X-ray and Jason ) races RC cars.
They create and build it like they want to drive/race it...
Old 08-27-2007, 09:43 AM
aca
Tech Initiate

Thanks Jason, that's what I needed to know. I hadn't ever saw in any 12 scale manuals what the proper method was.

Allen
Old 08-27-2007, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

I see you lurking Roly........LOL!!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

For those that want the DB12R now.....

Sorry just had to do it.....

Last edited by Nova F1 Racer; 10-21-2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

BTW......Happy Birthday Monkey Spooge (J Breiner) ..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.