Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Nice looking buddy.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Just tried the Black/pink combo. Very nice ! Smooth, consistent and it settled the car down a touch. I was running a .6 sec spread in lap times for my 6 min tests. I CAN DRIVE IT NOW !!!

Still have a few small issues and have an idea on how to fix them but wont know for sure till wed?
The car still has some weird double steering thing going on. I have a 5deg block with 2deg caster. The car will initiate a turn in spades, so much in fact that its ripping the rear lose, but then its got a slight push that sometimes it comes back and sometimes it wont. Gonna go to 10deg block and 4deg caster to see if it will even that out a little. Also gona up the tubes from 7k to 10k and thick plates. The thins wont hold tweak for too long for some reason.

We have a new layout. Its smooth and flowing so it shows any imperfections in your setup. Witch I like but the only problem I have that i would consider major is the traction roll at the end of the straight. Yes, no line, black fronts and traction rolls for the first 3 or 4 laps !! Im at 3.5mm ride height but the front tires are pretty tall at 1.7. Gona cut them down some and hope it fix's it up. Any ideas?

DK

Edit: Just checked and Im wearing off .010 inch off the front and rear a run. Nice even tire wear. Love it !
Old 07-11-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Iīm very new with this car, but in the Carpet Knife, the front bar strut work nice in this situations, and 30000wt in tubes help with double steering, but is possible the rear tyre lift in tight corners.
I refer to CK, because my last car Gen-X, are very diferent in front.

Greetings, Luis C.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Rookie

To Khador12

Hello, Can you say me the dimensions of the Fantom battery? Have this battery Sub-C bulges? In the website there isnīt this information.
With this battery, Did you made any modifications in the chasis? Thanks.

Regards,
Old 07-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello, the difference of dimensions of the 3,7v batteries, between the USA manufacturers like SMC, Fantom... and other manufacturers like LRP, Nosram, Intellect, GM, Hyperion, TrakPower..., is that SMC and Fantom have created the lipo battery to use in a 4 elements chasis. The other manufacturers have created the lipo battery to use in a 3 elements chasis.
I detail the dimension of a LRP-Nosram and SMC battery.

SMC, LRP-Nosram
Lenght: 92,00 mm. 69,00 mm.
Width: 45,75 mm. 47,00 mm.
Height: 20,00 mm. 23,50 mm.
Weight: 120,00 g. 140,00 g.

Regards,
Old 07-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hello There Part Time,

Maybe I can help. Im not sure what your running I would be easy if you could post your whole setup. Lol... But try this,Car's Dialed with this!!!!

Front:

Jaco prism Purples 1.65mm outer edges glued with ca (Helps eliminate traction rolling. You could go to a softer tire and do this as well)
10 Caster Block 1.5 degree camber
0.5 degree toe = (1/2 degree)
4mm ride height
.20" BMI linear spring
IRS #3 shure lube on King pins
Angled servo

Center Shock
55 or 60 wt Associated oil
IRS #4 shure lube in Dampner tubes
2mm shim under shock ball stud
Batteries center (helps with on power steering)
Thick Flex plates .70" ish

Rear Jaco prism yellows 1.75"
1.72mm rear width
4mm ride height
Proform speed 12

Also when you true your tires on the fronts, make sure the edges are slightly rounded that should help stabilize the front.

If you dont like the Jaco's yellow/purple combo try it with your tire setup up see how it works.If you CA the outer fronts you can actually go to a Liac / yellow compund you'll be dialed with this!!!

Hope this helps
Mike

Originally Posted by PartTime
Just tried the Black/pink combo. Very nice ! Smooth, consistent and it settled the car down a touch. I was running a .6 sec spread in lap times for my 6 min tests. I CAN DRIVE IT NOW !!!

Still have a few small issues and have an idea on how to fix them but wont know for sure till wed?
The car still has some weird double steering thing going on. I have a 5deg block with 2deg caster. The car will initiate a turn in spades, so much in fact that its ripping the rear lose, but then its got a slight push that sometimes it comes back and sometimes it wont. Gonna go to 10deg block and 4deg caster to see if it will even that out a little. Also gona up the tubes from 7k to 10k and thick plates. The thins wont hold tweak for too long for some reason.

We have a new layout. Its smooth and flowing so it shows any imperfections in your setup. Witch I like but the only problem I have that i would consider major is the traction roll at the end of the straight. Yes, no line, black fronts and traction rolls for the first 3 or 4 laps !! Im at 3.5mm ride height but the front tires are pretty tall at 1.7. Gona cut them down some and hope it fix's it up. Any ideas?

DK

Edit: Just checked and Im wearing off .010 inch off the front and rear a run. Nice even tire wear. Love it !

Last edited by mike ivy; 07-11-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by PartTime

DK

Sounds like you need to go to the short mounting on the flex plates. Traction rolling is probably coming from the rear and not the front. Too much rear bite can do that. Also go to 4 or 6 degrees of caster and about 1-1.5 degrees of camber.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey jason, what do i need to get to turn a db12r in to a lipo rr?
thanks
josh
Old 07-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losithrasher
thanks
josh
I have basically the same question but i have the db12rr. do all i need is the lipo chassis to make it the lipo car?
Old 07-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by losithrasher
thanks
josh
Lipo conversion kit
Silva bladder shock
Lowered rear pods

My car is the old car also.

Mike and Jason. Thanks for the info. Looks like I was heading in the right direction.

DK
Old 07-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by CREWMAN
I have basically the same question but i have the db12rr. do all i need is the lipo chassis to make it the lipo car?
We sell the DB12RR conversion and you can get it in lipo or 4 cell. So all you would need is the conversion with the lipo option. Its $99.99
Old 07-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
We sell the DB12RR conversion and you can get it in lipo or 4 cell. So all you would need is the conversion with the lipo option. Its $99.99
i already have the db12rr 4 cell car though. To make it a lipo all i need is the lipo chassis plate itself right?
Old 07-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

i already have the db12rr 4 cell car though. To make it a lipo all i need is the lipo chassis plate itself right?
Yes, if your car is the RR then all you need is the chassis as far as I know.

DK
Old 07-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Gadget, it was nice meeting you and your father.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Lord

That is correct.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.