Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Soooo how about those pics
Old 05-29-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Adept

Easy Guys, give Jason some time... Im sure he's working on it
So far I know I have had some of the best customer support from him, so lets take it easy, we all know GREAT things are always worth the wait.
Happy Racing
Old 05-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm hoping the 1 cell/RR update kit coincides with TP's 1 cell lipo release. Until then, it's all good
Old 05-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

The suspense is too much to bear!
Old 05-31-2009, 02:41 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Jason,

Any thought of getting those rear flex plate ball cups made out of an alloy or something stronger than the plasic they are made out of now? (or a sleve to make them stronger?)

I have busted 3 of them in the last 5 times I've been racing. The part that holds the ball just cracks in half or loses a part out the back. Not sure what changed with mysetup that made these now the weak link of my setup, but something needs to change as these are insanely expensive ($16.00 for 2 + $10.00 shipping.) for a wear/weak link item. And these are parts that dont get damaged, they just break and when they break you are done for the day unless you have more.

I havent had any larger hits or taps into walls than normal, if anything I am getting better and having fewer hits and hits of less severity than I used to.

I dont plan on running much this summer so waiting on these parts is not an issue for now... but come next season if I cant ID why these are breaking now all of a sudden and are such a weak link in the setup... I may need to change chassis to something that wont be quite as fragile. I love the BMI overall... just wish it was a tad more robust in this respect.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Joe, are you runing the rr or the r car where your getting the breakage issue?
Old 05-31-2009, 04:18 PM

RR. I have driven this car pretty hard for the last 6 months or so and now out of no where I am getting a rash of these failures. Not sure if there was a batch issue or something... just real odd and it cost me 2nd place in our points in the last series.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks, I'm going to get the first run in on my rr this weekend, but I've been running my r for the last four months each weekend and have'nt run into this issue at all. I'll kep an eye out for this with my new car, I'm pretty good at aggressive board meetings .
Old 05-31-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Champion

That's strange...I haven't had any issues with that and at Snowbirds I hit the wall hard enough to break the rear end off the car.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Ran the db12rr today for the first time. Seems like hell of a good car. Threw a friends setup on it, and it was good to go. Still a bit loose on power, but I'll fix it. Thanks again BMI! I'm really liking it so far.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
That's strange...I haven't had any issues with that and at Snowbirds I hit the wall hard enough to break the rear end off the car.
I can atest to the fact that InspGadgt made quite the impression on the barriers at the Birds...
Old 05-31-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I will take a look at the pivot ball housings to see what i can find but i make them with the same program and do not change it. They are made out of delrin rod so i will see if maybe there is something odd going on with the material. Please understand that all of our parts are machined and not molded parts. My prices are a little higher for the difficult to machine parts but are MUCH more accurate than the molded stuff you usually get. This really makes sure you get the most accurate race car available.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I, too, have torn the rear of the car off in a meeting with the barrier (MAN it was a hard hit!!), torn off to the extent the rear pod was only attached by the wires to the motor...but the cups were unaffected. That happened last fall and they're on the car to this day.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by protc3
I will take a look at the pivot ball housings to see what i can find but i make them with the same program and do not change it. They are made out of delrin rod so i will see if maybe there is something odd going on with the material. Please understand that all of our parts are machined and not molded parts. My prices are a little higher for the difficult to machine parts but are MUCH more accurate than the molded stuff you usually get. This really makes sure you get the most accurate race car available.
Hey Jason,

Thanks for the reply. I dont have any question that the quality of these parts are high end, I know they are. the fact is, if there was some way to make them a bit more bullet proof I would happily pay more for em. I just cant handle this breakage from a tap to the wall issue that I am seeing right now. Its odd, as I said I broke one in 6 months. Now in the last week I've busted two (one on each side of the car) both of which were brand new parts as of 3 weeks ago when I finally got them installed.

Since these are made of Delrin and machined, is there any chance of getting them made of an alloy as an option?
Old 06-01-2009, 01:59 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys.
Remember if you hit the wall things usually break... If you make these parts stronger to link the front and rear, if you crash the next weak point will break, all carbon fiber parts
Unfortunately sometimes a small bump in the right angle is all it takes to break parts, but I been there back in the day when I started with the L4 T-bar. I had one event where I went through 4 T-bars mostly from small bumps. A friend of mine went through 6 body posts on his touring car and the suggestion was to use aluminum body posts, this would have been bad because the next part down is the shock tower, so if the body post would not break the shock tower would more expensive. Some tracks have sections of curbing or CONCRETE which is never fun for any RC car or our pockets. Try convincing track owners to use different materials so that cars are less likely to break.
I think we all been there where we keep breaking 1 part , but it passes. The famous saying is "...I have never seen that part break before..." until it happens. You will be surprised at some parts that break or bend..

Good luck with all the racing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.