Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey jason i ran the new car yesterday and added another lap to my time awesome bro. now i think you should start working on your own front end or at least some lowers cause the irs ones are a little weak and can be a pain sometimes. just my 2 cents
Old 01-05-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thats great news buddy. Im glad you are enjoying the new car. We had a snowbirds warmup race here this weekend. Both my DB12RR and DB10R were absolutely a dream to drive. I lost my 2 front body pins in the middle of the 1/12th main so i had to pull it off because the body kept lifting off but the car was a missile until that point. My DB10R was unreal and i took the TQ and won the main by a large margin. It was nice to get out and run again
Old 01-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
Thats great news buddy. Im glad you are enjoying the new car. We had a snowbirds warmup race here this weekend. Both my DB12RR and DB10R were absolutely a dream to drive. I lost my 2 front body pins in the middle of the 1/12th main so i had to pull it off because the body kept lifting off but the car was a missile until that point. My DB10R was unreal and i took the TQ and won the main by a large margin. It was nice to get out and run again
Kick A$$!! Congrats.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:19 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I am starting to get down with the RR and get some consistent pace... tonight I knocked off 2/10ths off the fast time from the race that we had yesterday from the winner and matched his pace after only a few tweaks. ( I came in 3rd in the race after having my receiver go dead mid way and needing to have the car shut off and powered back on to start running again)

The car is so easy to drive I find myself maybe driving it a bit too hard and fuzz over the tires a bit too fast.

A good firend just ordered a RR and some goodies with it to join in the fun here at the local track
Old 01-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

a dream to drive hits the nail on the head
Old 01-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Lord

Thanks a ton for the nice comments guys.

Here is the setup i ran this past weekend. The traction was medium and we use jack the gripper for compound.

Front:

5 degree block w/ 4 degree castor
.020 linear springs and #4 surlube on the kingpins
3.5mm ride height
servo flat w/ medium ballstuds on the steering blocks
Lilac front tires cut to 1.650
.25mm droop

Rear:
Gold center shock spring
Silva shock w/ 60 wt AE oil
Medium ballstud on shock mount
batteries in the middle
#4 surlube in the tubes
Stock flex plates mounted in short position
no tweak screws
Yellow rear tires cut to 1.750
172mm rear width
1mm pod droop
Pod Level at ride height
3.5mm ride height

Car handled excellent. For higher bite i would go to a red center spring and move the cells all the way forward.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Jason,
Where did you have the ball studs mounted on the servo front or back side?
E
Old 01-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
now i think you should start working on your own front end or at least some lowers cause the irs ones are a little weak and can be a pain sometimes.
Nobody hits the boards harder than me!! I overdrive the car cause the speed it carries is unreal. Haven't broken any frontend parts. I did break the new long arms (on the long side right infront of the bend) but put the shorter ones on and worked for me better and haven't broke any.

Awsome car Jason.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:04 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks a ton for the nice comments guys.

Here is the setup i ran this past weekend. The traction was medium and we use jack the gripper for compound.

Front:

5 degree block w/ 4 degree castor
.020 linear springs and #4 surlube on the kingpins
3.5mm ride height
servo flat w/ medium ballstuds on the steering blocks
Lilac front tires cut to 1.650
.25mm droop

Rear:
Gold center shock spring
Silva shock w/ 60 wt AE oil
Medium ballstud on shock mount
batteries in the middle
#4 surlube in the tubes
Stock flex plates mounted in short position
no tweak screws
Yellow rear tires cut to 1.750
172mm rear width
1mm pod droop
Pod Level at ride height
3.5mm ride height

Car handled excellent. For higher bite i would go to a red center spring and move the cells all the way forward.
Hey Jason, I am running very similar on my car only with the long setting on the flex plates and my servo is raised. How do you use the medium ball stud on the shock mount and not hit or get interference from the cells? I am running the stock tall ball stud, with 1.5 mm of shims inbetween the stud and the ant mount and dont have issues, but I have seen with the batteries moved forward much and a lower stud, the shock hits the cells.

Last edited by Clegg; 01-05-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Clegg
Hey Jason, I am running very similar on my car only with the long setting on the flex plates and my servo is raised. How do you use the medium ball stud on the shock mount and not hit or get interference from the cells? I am running the stock tall ball stud, with 1.5 mm of shims inbetween the stud and the ant mount and dont have issues, but I have seen with the batteries moved forward much and a lower stud, the shock hits the cells.
The stock ball stud for the shock is the medium IRS. Ive run mine, batts all the way forward, med stud, and 1mm shims under and havent had a problem with it.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:07 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by EricF
Jason,
Where did you have the ball studs mounted on the servo front or back side?
E
I run the ballstuds on the back of the servo saver.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:08 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Clegg
I dont run the antenna mount full short or closest to the cells. I run it so 1 hole is exposed and i dont have any interference.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

I dont run the antenna mount full short or closest to the cells. I run it so 1 hole is exposed and i dont have any interference.

What does that change when you move the mount forward or back??
Old 01-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Lord

A longer shock increases rear traction and the shorter shock decreases rear traction. I run it in the middle.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jason, I see on your setup, you list the Silva shock as your shock, is that the normal type shock, like the older Assoc 12th shock, or the new bladder HB style shock and what do you feel the 60 wt oil does for you, Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.