Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 04:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Good explination. Just saved me alot of typing early in the morning.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:32 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for explainning very well , i apreciate all your help guys .
Thank you
Old 11-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Lord

Hey Guys,

I just heard from Jason Schreffler and he has got the car working extremely well.With 1 qual and the main to go he was sitting in the TQ spot. I will hear from him again shortly to see how the rest of the day went. He is extremely pleased with the handling of the car and was so excited that he wanted to put the car away for snowbirds. He confirmed that all of the changes that were made did do exactly as they were supposed to do. Kits will start going into production at the end of this coming week.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I want one! I want one! I want one! Did I mention I WANT ONE!
Old 11-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Lord

Thanks buddy
Old 11-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
Hey Guys,

I just heard from Jason Schreffler and he has got the car working extremely well.With 1 qual and the main to go he was sitting in the TQ spot. I will hear from him again shortly to see how the rest of the day went. He is extremely pleased with the handling of the car and was so excited that he wanted to put the car away for snowbirds. He confirmed that all of the changes that were made did do exactly as they were supposed to do. Kits will start going into production at the end of this coming week.
Hey Jason Sherwin has the DB12R dialed on asphalt!! He laid the smack down today

Last edited by Marcos.J; 11-09-2008 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Good luck Jason.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Lord

I spoke to Jason and he said that he did take TQ and finished 2nd in a pretty rough main from what he said. Donny Lia took the win with jason 1 second behind him and Jari took 3rd. He said he could have made a few adjustments to improve the car more but he ran out of time. This is great news to have the car that close to having the right setup in 1 weekend. Especially against racers like Donny and Jari who are some of the best. You know you are doing well when you are dicing with those guys.

Overall he is extremely pleased with the performance. With a little time on the car we are confident that he will be the man to beat. Congrats on a great run jason and thanks for the testing with such short notice. Im glad we were able to prove out all of the changes so i can go into production.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just got back from The Big Chill in Jackson, MS. TQ'ed with the car and finished in 3rd after an insane battle with 2 of the locals. Would've had TQ by a full lap, but I caught a plowdisk and landed on the front straight and drove halfway back around the track instead of waiting for a spotter to realize what had happened. This car is awesome. After running this weekend with the car and reading the comments of a certain national champion from another company in that other 12th scale thread, all of my 12th scale stuff from a certain company in New York is out the door. It would go in the garbage, but the wife would kill me. Jason, you need to make a touring car, man. If nothing else, bring back your cyclone chassis so I can slap one on my touring car.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
I spoke to Jason and he said that he did take TQ and finished 2nd in a pretty rough main from what he said. Donny Lia took the win with jason 1 second behind him and Jari took 3rd. He said he could have made a few adjustments to improve the car more but he ran out of time. This is great news to have the car that close to having the right setup in 1 weekend. Especially against racers like Donny and Jari who are some of the best. You know you are doing well when you are dicing with those guys.

Overall he is extremely pleased with the performance. With a little time on the car we are confident that he will be the man to beat. Congrats on a great run jason and thanks for the testing with such short notice. Im glad we were able to prove out all of the changes so i can go into production.
Jason was flying the whole weekend. I didn't get to see the main, but I saw the Qual's. I saw the car, and I was amazed. It is perfect. The Flex plates are much more linear, the pod is balanced, and the center shock is alot more free to compress. You really got it right with these changes! As for me running my DB12R... I was jumping head first into TC, so that occupied most of my time, and took a break for the weekend.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

schreffs car was incredible today i had the opportunity to pit right next to him and got to see the new car on and off the track and let me just say it will be worth the wait. its absolutely amazing jason at bmi took an outstanding car and made it even better. the car rotates better, carries even more corner speed, steers more, and is literally stuck to the track. great job bro wrap one up in a new hoodie and ship it my way. its gonna be another great year. bmi style
Old 11-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

That's GREAT NEWS to hear guys; especially since you guys were there to witness it.
I thought the car was great as is but hearing this, is beautiful.
Can't wait to get mine

Nice work Schreff & Mr. Breiner
Old 11-10-2008, 01:48 AM
Tech Champion

Sounds great! Grats to the TQ and 2nd place finish!

Locally I had a much better day too. Finally back up in a podium finish in 2nd with my BMI! The car was better for a sweeping track rather then the technical one we ended up with, but was very smooth and consistant to hold in there for 2nd place.

Can't wait for the new parts!
Old 11-10-2008, 03:09 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Serzoni
I just got back from The Big Chill in Jackson, MS. TQ'ed with the car and finished in 3rd after an insane battle with 2 of the locals. Would've had TQ by a full lap, but I caught a plowdisk and landed on the front straight and drove halfway back around the track instead of waiting for a spotter to realize what had happened. This car is awesome. After running this weekend with the car and reading the comments of a certain national champion from another company in that other 12th scale thread, all of my 12th scale stuff from a certain company in New York is out the door. It would go in the garbage, but the wife would kill me. Jason, you need to make a touring car, man. If nothing else, bring back your cyclone chassis so I can slap one on my touring car.
That is great to hear buddy. Im glad that the car is working well for you. You neve rwant to throiw away money. You can always sell it. Thanks for the support buddy,it means alot.

I am always looking to grow but i need to do it a little at a time. The sky is the limit though
Old 11-10-2008, 03:16 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
schreffs car was incredible today i had the opportunity to pit right next to him and got to see the new car on and off the track and let me just say it will be worth the wait. its absolutely amazing jason at bmi took an outstanding car and made it even better. the car rotates better, carries even more corner speed, steers more, and is literally stuck to the track. great job bro wrap one up in a new hoodie and ship it my way. its gonna be another great year. bmi style
Thanks for the compliments from you and rcsteve93. Its cool that you guys got a chance to check the car out. We really have been hard at work trying to make the car better. We are constantly looking to improve but i dont ever want to have a car be outdated. I will be offering a service to all BMI customers who have the car and want to use the new flex plates. You can send your chassis back to me and i will add the new front mounting holes for the flex plates for $10.00 so you can now use the linear position. The new 1 pc crossbrace will be needed also but you do not have to buy a whole new chassis. We did discount heavily all of the parts to convert over by grouping everything together for $99.99. This will include the chassis,lower pod and upper pod plate, offset diff hub, 1 pc crossbrace,pod brace tube and damper tube pistons.

Last edited by protc3; 11-10-2008 at 04:01 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.