Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey steve, glad to see the setup changes worked. your car looked real good on sunday. i will bring the thin plates ,linear springs and king pins for you sunday. the car will be even better. hey jason thanx for the continued support with the car and just in general. we all appreciate it very much its also great to have a track like 360 with the kind of support and friendship we get there. so we wont hold it against them for running speed merchants. hey steve we will show em how its done on sunday, bmi style
Old 10-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by protc3
it may be sooner. Im giving myself a window.
Open the curtains just a smidge so I can see in

OMG I'm sounding line a on-line car peeping Tom!
Old 10-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Uga
Tech Regular

Anybody has a good setup for a fresh CRC carpet and a large track..? I won't have much track time before the races
Old 10-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtrememadness
hey steve, glad to see the setup changes worked. your car looked real good on sunday. i will bring the thin plates ,linear springs and king pins for you sunday. the car will be even better. hey jason thanx for the continued support with the car and just in general. we all appreciate it very much its also great to have a track like 360 with the kind of support and friendship we get there. so we wont hold it against them for running speed merchants. hey steve we will show em how its done on sunday, bmi style
That sounds awesome Craig. And that is my mission... to show everyone how good the BMI really is.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCSteve93
That sounds awesome Craig. And that is my mission... to show everyone how good the BMI really is.
It was good enough to finish ahead of all the link cars at the snowbirds without any issues. It was a very close race between a DB12R and a T bar car. It could have went either way. This car is capable of winning at any level and has proven that. We just dont bother going with a big team to prove it. I prefer to have a happy customer base than a big payroll of team drivers. Products should speak for themselves.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Uga
Anybody has a good setup for a fresh CRC carpet and a large track..? I won't have much track time before the races
Here is what i run on carpet. If the front tires gum up, go to black fronts until the fuzz goes away. This is with Jack the gripper compound.

Front:
10 degree reactive castor blocks w/ 6 degrees castor(2 shims to back of
arms)
.020 linear front springs
5000 wt diff oil on kingpins
purple front tires cut to 1.650
1 degree camber
Servo flat with medium ballstuds on steering blocks
3.5mm ride height
I remove 2 kingpin shims to accomodate the linear front springs
sauce 1/2 the inside of the front tires

Rear:
Red center spring w/ 40 wt. oil
batteries forward position
20,000 wt. in tubes
3.5mm ride height
1mm pod droop
gray rear tires cut to 1.750
pod level at all 4 corners
172mm rear width
speed 12 body

let me know if i missed anything.
Old 10-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

jason, you forgot the side plates. thick or thin. and when you say you remove 2 shims for the linear springs is that on the stock king pins or are you using the long 1/10th king pins
Old 10-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Lord

I use the stock flex plates. I am using the stock kingpins.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:03 AM
Uga
Tech Regular

thanks, will try it out next week
Old 10-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well, I can now finally say that the DB12R has finally got the podium finish in San Antonio,TX. I had the worst day with it. I could not get rear traction during the last half of my quailifers except my last qualifer. The track was loose. I ended up going to a Delta silver spring which a fellow racer had from his days driving a Delta car, and using about a eigth of a can of Paragon to get it to hold for atleast 3/4 of the race. I really had no plan of getting first. I decided to play with the guy in front of me, then decided to just follow him as close as I can without getting into trouble till he spinned out in the 18th lap and that allowed me to take the lead from their where I just was finally relaxed cause I knew everytime I get into the lead I would screw up.It always happens like clock work for me except this time. The second place guy was .3 of a second behind me as we crossed the finish line. So right now I am a happy camper.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

Well I have me a Speed 8 HD mounted on the car this time and will be trying that out tomorrow. I'm guessing the vents in the front are meant to act like a diffuser and lower the air pressure under the front of the car to create more front down force. I only cut out the middle 2 vents because the ones over the wheel well are so thin I'm not sure they are supposed to be or not. Looked like too much of a chore to even try. The angle molded into the 2 I did cut out make it a real pain to cut them out. If anyone figures out any tricks in cutting them out let me know. If this body works out this race I'll be switching to it full time. I really like the look of this body. If not there's always the Speed 12B to go back to
Old 10-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
Here is what i run on carpet. If the front tires gum up, go to black fronts until the fuzz goes away. This is with Jack the gripper compound.

Front:
10 degree reactive castor blocks w/ 6 degrees castor(2 shims to back of
arms)
.020 linear front springs
5000 wt diff oil on kingpins
purple front tires cut to 1.650
1 degree camber
Servo flat with medium ballstuds on steering blocks
3.5mm ride height
I remove 2 kingpin shims to accomodate the linear front springs
sauce 1/2 the inside of the front tires

Rear:
Red center spring w/ 40 wt. oil
batteries forward position
20,000 wt. in tubes
3.5mm ride height
1mm pod droop
gray rear tires cut to 1.750
pod level at all 4 corners
172mm rear width
speed 12 body

let me know if i missed anything.
Hey J--is this a Stock or SuperStock (or both) setup?

What would you adjust on a non-Jack setup? Tire compounds, or...? I use Niftech which I find to be pretty interchangeable, handling-wise, with Paragon. Just can't find myself digging Jack...
Old 10-12-2008, 03:08 AM
Tech Lord

That setup is for 10.5BL. The car was extremely fast. I wouldnt make any changes until you try it. I havent tried the niftek so i really cant say. Let me know what it does for you and i will make suggestions.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:10 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by CarlosG.
Well, I can now finally say that the DB12R has finally got the podium finish in San Antonio,TX. I had the worst day with it. I could not get rear traction during the last half of my quailifers except my last qualifer. The track was loose. I ended up going to a Delta silver spring which a fellow racer had from his days driving a Delta car, and using about a eigth of a can of Paragon to get it to hold for atleast 3/4 of the race. I really had no plan of getting first. I decided to play with the guy in front of me, then decided to just follow him as close as I can without getting into trouble till he spinned out in the 18th lap and that allowed me to take the lead from their where I just was finally relaxed cause I knew everytime I get into the lead I would screw up.It always happens like clock work for me except this time. The second place guy was .3 of a second behind me as we crossed the finish line. So right now I am a happy camper.
Great to hear bro. If you need a hand getting rear traction,send me the car and i will give it a once over to see if i find anything odd with it. I really have never had a rear traction issue.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarlosG.

Have you tried a lower shore compound in the rear yet? What brand and shore are you using for front and rear tire combo's?

I have the same setup as Jason and minor changes with no problems. I use 30K in the tubes, dry kingpins, and Twister Tires instead and the car is perfect on my carpet track.

Last edited by fav0re; 10-12-2008 at 06:07 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.