Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RcLoCo Online
where do the mediums go?same spot of servo saver as smaller studs
they go on the steering blocks to raise the steering turnbuckles on the outside. If you don't raise them then you get alot of bump steer and it will kill your corner speed.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
they go on the steering blocks to raise the steering turnbuckles on the outside. If you don't raise them then you get alot of bump steer and it will kill your corner speed.
yea thats what ive been reading and THANKYOU
Old 12-07-2007, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Jason you going to take a break and come out to the dirt track this weekend?? we have a whole laundry list of top factory dudes here from all over the world so get over here.........and bring the goods

also when you get a chance you and adrian need to get on rcsignup.com and register
Old 12-09-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

just got to bump up the post for the best 1/12 car for my board testing and ease of use.

Thanks BMI
Old 12-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Local hot-finger Justin Poulson threw his new BMI down on the track for it's first PACK...TQ'd Stock, reset TQ and won. After winning Stock bolted his 19-T in and won that class too going away. He's so happy he bought ANOTHER kit...

Look out Minot!

Gotta get mine back on the track for that.

Scottrik
Old 12-10-2007, 03:15 AM
Tech Lord

That is great news bro. I am glad he likes the car. Way to lay it down his 1st time out

Thanks for the props guys.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Lord

Hey guys,

I wanted to let you know that we have the new website with the online store just about ready to launch. We will be starting it out this week and adding pictures and detailed explinations as we go. We will be announcing new releases and testing of all new stuff on there to keep you guys on top of whats new and soon to be. I will be keeping everyone informed here as well but i want to keep the site as informational as possible as well as easy to purchase BMI products. I will let everyone know when the site is up some time this week. Now its time to get ready for the birds.
Old 12-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Sweet!!! I got ton's of stuff to purchase Jason ygpm Bro question for ya

Last edited by mike ivy; 12-10-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:09 AM
Tech Lord

got it buddy
Old 12-11-2007, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Newbie to this thread

Wow, as someone previously posted, this thread is a very good resource. I am a casual hobbyest and not a hard core, race three times a week, gotta have every go fast goody, tear down my car in between every round, new batteries every week, kinda guy. But, I enjoy having stuff that works when I do get to race. I had been hearing very good reviews on the car from some of my local contacts so I decided to give it a try. Only one weekend outing on the car and I am very impressed with the performance and simplicity of the model.

I recently stumbled on this thread and have a few questions for you Jason.

I assembled the car and found I had to add about 1 1/2 ounces of lead to the right side of the car to get it to balance on the IRS balance buttons. The car has a LRP speedo and Novak brushless motor. Receiver is a Spectrum micro. Would it be better if I swapped out the receiver for a standard weight/size one?

I have zero spares, what spares would you suggest I obtain ie, breakage parts and/or wear items.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:23 AM
Tech Lord

What i have found works well is mounting the speedo on the right side of the car. With that mounting, run your PT on the left in the front and run the speedo cap on the same side as the receiver. This helps alot with balance. It is tough to balance cars these days with the heavier weight of brushless but it can be done without adding weight. When i get home today i will post a pic of my brushless layout that balanced out perfect without the use of any added weight.

I am really glad you like the car buddy. We wanted to keep it simple and offer the high performance that we all demand from these little cars. I am a racer myself and a lazy one at that. I dont like wrenching on race day. I like to just drive the car and have fun.
Old 12-11-2007, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Spurcheck- Recommended spares to have would be:
-an additional set of flex plates
-one set of lower front arms
-two sets of front springs
-a middle pivot assembly
-a bottom pod plate.
Everything else is so bullet proof that you would have to nearly totally demolish the car for anything else to come into play.

If you race on carpet you might want to check out the new cross brace and the front ride height adjusters are sweet. The brace is not essential mind you (unless you race on high bite carpet layouts) but nice to have none the less.

Hey Jason- We need to get you and the Misses to take a "business trip" vacation for a few days up here to the Chicagoland area...there is NO pizza like Chicago Pizza and you could write it off because you would be playing with...opps, I mean "helping" all of us DB12'ers....
Old 12-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Kropy- I still plan on getting up to your place, most likely over Christmas Break in a couple of weeks, say the weekend after Christmas? If you have the keys to the track then maybe I can come up during the week and we can practice some mod for an entire day or two.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Lord

Yeah, I would like to get out a little more. It never hurts to have a good time
Old 12-11-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

gonna throw this out to the bmi crew.. the kimbrough spur gear covers say 48p, do they work on the 64p as well? i dont see why not but i rather know now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.