Search

Bonded & sinthered rotors

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
@grizbob

so if a couple of clubs allowed the EX 13.5 novaks, or the Dragon nosram Bonded motors or even the NEW lrp budget setup's to race in the same class as brushed 27t

there be no problem with comparison ,bonded motors are a fair equivilent to brushed 27t ???

not looking for a perfecr match coz there's no such thing
even 27t brushed motors are vastly different to each other aswell as 19t

BL will get a much closer match between unit's then brushed motors could ever get
Honestly, I really don't know about the other brands of 13.5(though I've heard rumors that the LRP 13.5 is stronger than Novak's, but none of us in my neck of the woods has tried anything but the Novak), but I can say with confidence that the Novak one IS a good match with the bonded rotor....
Old 07-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fzr phil
I have been running 13.5 pro at brentwood. (sintered) in a tc4 with older 3700's . granted i am probably not top 5 anyway and still working on car setup as well.
my speed is not far away from most others. so no great advantage. have not tried with really decent cells.
i think to insist that people only run bonded rotor is a bad road to take. asking for trouble. the idea of the ex series is to get your foot in the door of brushless, cheaper. the motor is then upgradeable to pro-spec (sintered) when your ready i.e. after your bonded rotor drops off in performance due to heat. the price of a sintered rotor will be less than a complete motor. so the financial outlay has been spread.
if you found yourself ballistic in comparison to the stock brigade the sportsman-like thing to do would be adjust gearing or batts to suit.
the advantage of the 13.5 brushless (sintered) is no skimming, heat issues,
if you need faster then there are plenty of faster motors and faster classes to run in!
Phil
In principle, I agree, but the reality is that too many brushed guys just won't accept the 13.5 with sintered rotors(at least not where I live). And because of its bigger edge in torque(compared with the bonded rotor), just gearing it down won't help much, plus, I know of NO ONE that would want to buy lower-performance batteries just to run it(this hobby is all about getting the newest & best we can get). That's why after a LOT of debate(& few of us sneaking in a run or two with the 13.5 to prove our point), we finally agreed to allow them locally but ONLY with bonded rotors. I don't like having to use the bonded ones, but I can live with it until we can convince everyone to step up(& we still have events like the Novak Race to let us really run 'em hard).....
Old 07-16-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

another few question's

will a 4.5t sintered Novak rotor fit in a 13.5 can ???
or fit in a 10.5 can

same with LRPx11 10.5t fit in a x11 3.5t can

reason
i could just buy one complete 13.5 motor & then buy different rotors to fit
IE;;10.5t & a 6.5t (cheaper this way

also why are the car BL motor's really expensive compared to airplane or helicopter BL sensored motors
Old 07-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

its the can that determins the wind of the motor in brushless so you would have to buy one sintered rotor and the different cans to get the effect you want i think.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by John_S
its the can that determins the wind of the motor in brushless so you would have to buy one sintered rotor and the different cans to get the effect you want i think.
yep got you
cheers Big ear's
Old 07-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Company Representative

another few question's

will a 4.5t sintered Novak rotor fit in a 13.5 can ???
or fit in a 10.5 can

Both the Novak Velociti motors and the SS Pro motors use the same cans and rotors---only the # of winds is different.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Okay

will a sintered rotor from a 3.5t fit into a 7.5t can & perform
Old 07-16-2007, 11:23 AM
Company Representative

Okay

will a sintered rotor from a 3.5t fit into a 7.5t can & perform
It will fit as long as your 7.5T V. can has an oversized front bearing.

Description
Upgrade your Velociti motor for ultimate performance. This is the replacement rotor for Novak’s Velociti 3.5R Racing Brushless Motor and is an upgraded rotor for the Velociti 4.5R, Velociti 5.5R, Velociti 6.5R, Velociti 7.5R and other Novak 540-size brushless motors that have an oversized front bearing.

Made of Sintered material, this Novak-designed rotor provides increased magnetic strength, improved motor braking power, improved motor acceleration and power, and improved performance under higher temperature conditions. ROAR Approved.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

hey the politically correct term is horns
Old 07-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by John_S
hey the politically correct term is horns
Since i'm not a politically correct person
i`m dangerous

Thanks Mr Novaktwo
Old 07-16-2007, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Well alocal club (WKRCC ) just had there comittee meeting & they have allowed 13.5 BL (sintered or bonded) in with 27t brushed
seperate Championship for both calss's but we all run together

19t brushed class has allowed the 10.5 BL in with them

so there are still 2 class's but with 4 championship's

this is not bad ,just to get the BL foot in the door to see what's what in the flesh & work on it from there

all class's are still 6 cell

some guy's are getting the novak EX range for like £150.00 speedo/motor
nosram budget motors @£35.00 one's are being looked at as is the LRP A.I speedo @£85.00 & £112.00 respectivley

see how it goes

thanks for the INfo
we now have 5 local clubs taking in Bl 13.5 to race

next step Li-Po