Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Should old people with Skills be Forced out of Racing ROAR Masters. >

Should old people with Skills be Forced out of Racing ROAR Masters.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should old people with Skills be Forced out of Racing ROAR Masters.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I want to thank the racing gods for giving us a new Prez like Dawn!

Im so stoked about the future!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
then drop 19t. even though there are so many people that like it, it is the motor that started the "watering down" and taking from mod and stock. oh and stock 1/12 also, its nationals, just mod 1/12
I'm good with that. But, what about the 19T's that are out there... where do they get to compete? Its a product...so do we combine with Mod?
Old 01-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maybell
I want to thank the racing gods for giving us a new Prez like Dawn!
Im so stoked about the future!!!
Me too.

Rock on Dawn!
Old 01-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

is the turn out at most facilities for 19T decreasing?? I know it is at our track in Arizona... but thats simply because of BL's being more popular.

So, lets ask this.... wrong thread but got people's attention now... should we eliminate 19T brushed as a class at nationals in favor of BL classes (10.5, 13.5 and 17.5 or equivalent... I'm not up on all brands making all kinds of what BL's, yet!)

And no worries, Lipo is in..... more on that in a few weeks. Ling Tong, our new Assistant to the Technical Director and WIZARD in Lipo technology is on board with ROAR... so we have advice from the best!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
I'm good with that. But, what about the 19T's that are out there... where do they get to compete? Its a product...so do we combine with Mod?

there are 23t motors out there also, no class for them. brushless motors out there, no class for them, lipo out there no class for them and on and on. like i said it is a very popular class, wouldn't make sense to drop it, just like masters, wouldn't make sense to drop it either.

i only mentioned the 19t class to be dropped so others might see the MASTERS point of view on their class.

this year at SIR paved nats, the race was run great, and the only time that was wasted, and i don't know that wasted is the right word is the long delay between rounds for a computer glitch, i don't remember hearing any complaining about to many classes and to long a race day.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I say make 13.5 the new mid level class.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Keep the masters class!
I’ve made up my mind. Don’t confuse me with the facts.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

LING !!
FANTASTIC.
Jacko
Old 01-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

is the turn out at most facilities for 19T decreasing?? I know it is at our track in Arizona... but thats simply because of BL's being more popular.
At SIR I wouldn't say 19t has decreased, but I would say it has all but been replaced by 10.5 brushless. We started by combining racers with 10.5 brushless and 19t brushed. However it has pretty quickly turned into a majority 10.5 brushless racers in the class.

Another example is the NorthWest Indoor Championship series, where the largest sedan class by far is a 10.5 brushless rubber class with lipo allowed. The main reason being is the class provides plenty of speed, with almost zero maintenance, with more time to concentrate on setup and driving the car.

So, lets ask this.... wrong thread but got people's attention now... should we eliminate 19T brushed as a class at nationals in favor of BL classes (10.5, 13.5 and 17.5 or equivalent... I'm not up on all brands making all kinds of what BL's, yet!)
I am personally in favor of this, and it would make things a lot easier on ROAR. No more handouts in 19t class to deal with, just open it to all 10.5 brushless motors on the "ROAR approved motor list".
Old 01-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
I am personally in favor of this, and it would make things a lot easier on ROAR. No more handouts in 19t class to deal with, just open it to all 10.5 brushless motors on the "ROAR approved motor list".

This I'm totally in favor of... since ROAR purchases the handouts for the nationals.. I'm all in favor of NOT spending money and making it a spec or stated product motor class...... or, open to approved BL's.

Ok, now I'm getting wild... better shut up now.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

This I'm totally in favor of... since ROAR purchases the handouts for the nationals.. I'm all in favor of NOT spending money and making it a spec or stated product motor class...... or, open to approved BL's.

Im on board with anything that involves bringing brushless class to the Nats. The most asked question Im getting (concerning the Nats) is "Can we run Brushless?"

At our last weekly races of the season out of 36 cars only 3 had a brushed motor in them, and those were Tamiya TT-01's.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

I would not mind this. The thing is that ROAR should re-visit the BL brushed equivalency and allow something like a 15T to compete against a 10.5 BL.

I am convinced that a lot of BL's popularity is the fact that running them is not a disadvantage.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I would not mind this. The thing is that ROAR should re-visit the BL brushed equivalency and allow something like a 15T to compete against a 10.5 BL.

I am convinced that a lot of BL's popularity is the fact that running them is not a disadvantage.

Why run a 15turn against a 10.5, have you found the 15turn to be the equivalent of the 10.5?
Old 01-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart

So, your saying a 10.5 is an equal comparison to a 15T brushed?

If we were to say at a national: "No handouts provided. Racer has option of running any ROAR approved 15 turn motor or any ROAR approved 10.5 brushless motor"

this would work with you guys?
Old 01-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think,the masters class age limit is a bit low @40.the fastest guy on our track is 46 and he wins the stock class most of the time not by much but enough to win.
we should move the limit to 50 years,and call it the seniors class,nothing wrong with that,ont the other end of the spectrum its called juniors class.
regarding 19 turn class elimination,
i am not sure i favor that for a brushless class.
brushed motors should stay the way it is,stock,19 and modified.and then add the brushless class,17.5.13,5 and modified.
after some time racers will drift towards brushless anyways..
in the big events lots of racers who like to race 2-3 classes,they will race most likely stock brushed,and a second class 17.5 brushless,those who love stock,the same goes for 13.5 and 19 turn brushed,at least thats what i would like to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.