R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Should old people with Skills be Forced out of Racing ROAR Masters. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/170706-should-old-people-skills-forced-out-racing-roar-masters.html)

Desolas 07-02-2007 04:34 PM

Should old people with Skills be Forced out of Racing ROAR Masters.

Some other threads have brought up the issues with sand bagging in our hobby. I've got another bone to pick: old people who can still drive dominating the masters class.

Should a 40+ year old be allowed to race masters if he continually dominates the field, has 2-5 lap advantage every race, and when he's at home racing against younger "kids" he's always winning? Or should they be pushed out until they start to suck a little?

If you were a 50 year old dude with some skill would you be real happy to find Barry Baker in your heat? Many of the Masters racing some of the ROAR events are full sponsored drivers who can still compete rather well in the open field....shouldn't they be forced to stay there?

Advil 07-02-2007 04:35 PM

Awesome!!! Simply Awesome!!!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Marcos.J 07-02-2007 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Desolas (Post 3449631)
Some other threads have brought up the issues with sand bagging in our hobby. I've got another bone to pick: old people who can still drive dominating the masters class.

Should a 40+ year old be allowed to race masters if he continually dominates the field, has 2-5 lap advantage every race, and when he's at home racing against younger "kids" he's always winning? Or should they be pushed out until they start to suck a little?

If you were a 50 year old dude with some skill would you be real happy to find Barry Baker in your heat? Many of the Masters racing some of the ROAR events are full sponsored drivers who can still compete rather well in the open field....shouldn't they be forced to stay there?

just go ahead and say it "Tom Esposito"

mo 07-02-2007 04:44 PM

It's easier, when you keep them all together, to make sure they all get there medicine. Maybe Geritol could sponsor the Masters class.

Marcos.J 07-02-2007 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by mo (Post 3449667)
It's easier, when you keep them all together, to make sure they all get there medicine. Maybe Geritol could sponsor the Masters class.

its easier for the paramedics to watch them

RBLove 07-02-2007 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Marcos.J (Post 3449664)
just go ahead and say it "Tom Esposito"

The most dominant Masters driver is by far Eli Ezrow. I am not sure how I feel about this one. I race with Eli every week and he is a TOP LEVEL racer. He does race masters when it is available, but when it is not he races in the regular classes. It is not his fault he has mad skills and is over 45 yrs old.

This is kind of a stupid thread. The real issue is stock guys dominating that are too scared to move on................. There needs to be rules.

Win an A main stock ROAR event you are out. Podium finish two or three times in stock you are out. Until you podium a few times or win you continue to race stock. Once you do meet the criteria you move on to 19 turn or modified.

I still think there needs to be open modified and factory modified. This would attract more racers into running modified at these large events. Keep the factory guys out of 19 turn. Have rubber and foam modifed for the factory guys if they need to run two classes.

Marcos.J 07-02-2007 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by RBLove (Post 3449683)
The most dominant Masters driver is by far Eli Ezrow. I am not sure how I feel about this one. I race with Eli every week and he is a TOP LEVEL racer. He does race masters when it is available, but when it is not he races in the regular classes. It is not his fault he has mad skills and is over 45 yrs old.

This is kind of a stupid thread. The real issue is stock guys dominating that are too scared to move on................. There needs to be rules.

Win an A main stock ROAR event you are out. Podium finish two or three times in stock you are out. Until you podium a few times or win you continue to race stock. Once you do meet the criteria you move on to 19 turn or modified.

I still think there needs to be open modified and factory modified. This would attract more racers into running modified at these large events. Keep the factory guys out of 19 turn. Have rubber and foam modifed for the factory guys if they need to run two classes.

my bad forgot about him

SWTour 07-02-2007 04:56 PM

LOL - the things we find to create threads about - LOL

RBLove 07-02-2007 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by SWTour (Post 3449701)
LOL - the things we find to create threads about - LOL

No doubt. This is one of the more stupid threads I have seen. Don't get me wrong though as there are a handful of them out here.

People need to stop bitching and worrying about what everyone else is doing and just have some fun racing.

C_O_jones 07-02-2007 05:50 PM

What's happening to the youth of America?
Is it no longer PC to have a sense of humor?

It's a joke carried over from the Nats thread! :eek:

But Desolas is right, those cherry pickers should be forced to run mod,
After all, how many times should you be alowed to win the Masters Stock Nats.
I got that idea from reading all those other threads about pros in stock.
:sneaky: :lol::lol::lol:

tallyrc 07-02-2007 05:51 PM

i'm pretty sure the big smiley in the title would indicate they are just having fun with the thread..:rolleyes:

THE DARKSIDE 07-02-2007 05:52 PM

Stop picking on Eli!!!! :lol:

StephenSobottka 07-02-2007 05:53 PM

Lets not haze on Eli!

Wild Cherry 07-02-2007 06:01 PM

After care full thought.....

NOPE !
Let um race !!!!

C_O_jones 07-02-2007 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry (Post 3449865)
After care full thought..... !!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol: