Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Snowbird Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

dave what are you talking about??? there is outlaw T4 with touring car shocks class, dirt modified touring car with a wedge body class..........Boylan im sure you can add to the list
Old 12-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

jason, there are two reservation numbers. if you call the 1400 number, they'll generally transfer you to the local office (which is closed after 6pm when i called the first time). they also have a national reservation office.. but i didn't want to chance any screw ups. so i waited until today.

what were the lap times in 6cell mod ?? 3.0?? barring the chrome plated brass balls you needed in addition with the experience and knowledge to put together and race one of those.. its a no brainer on that size of track - you couldn't turn marshall it. (you mostly picked up pieces or watch others wreck on them lol :P)
Old 12-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/2008racers.htm

Not Found
The requested URL http:// was not found on this server.
Old 12-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

all better... boy you are fast!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Yeah just a shame he doesn't display the same speed on the track
Old 12-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Any idea what the F1 rules are going to be?
Old 12-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

yes i was wondering which f1 cars its going to be.. tamiya, petersons, 3 racing stuff.. older pan style?? I don't have one as there's no road action around the ocala area anymore. i was liking marty's stuff and with lipo brushless now.. liquid intercooling, its almost like the real thing *sniff*. I'd like to watch this class if it was gonna be up around my racing time otherwise i'll be entertaining mah peoples at disney and what not. i'd be more than happy to smash one up for somebody else also lol.

any info would be appreciated.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Mason.

It's a Le Mans Start, You'll need to run around the track from the back straight to the driverstand.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

oh Scarecrow don't have that HD-F1 aka Mahar would lose his pants running around back to the stand and that's not pretty
Old 12-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Wink

I wish I could make the snowbirdnationalsinstead I'll be at Winternats in Ft. myers,FL can't afford to go to both events, like some of the sponsors racers can.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mason
yes i was wondering which f1 cars its going to be.. tamiya, petersons, 3 racing stuff.. older pan style?? I don't have one as there's no road action around the ocala area anymore. i was liking marty's stuff and with lipo brushless now.. liquid intercooling, its almost like the real thing *sniff*. I'd like to watch this class if it was gonna be up around my racing time otherwise i'll be entertaining mah peoples at disney and what not. i'd be more than happy to smash one up for somebody else also lol.

any info would be appreciated.
Originally Posted by scarecrow
Mason.

It's a Le Mans Start, You'll need to run around the track from the back straight to the driverstand.
Originally Posted by nashrcracer
oh Scarecrow don't have that HD-F1 aka Mahar would lose his pants running around back to the stand and that's not pretty
I have the 3Racing version of the Tamiya F201 car. I really would like to see the rules so I can get the car ready... Along with the other 2 cars I'm running....

Shoot, the race would be over by the time I get to the drivers stand and take a tank of air!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Thinking on the rules for the F1 'Alpha Cup' Demo.... first thought was 6cell any stock. But since they are pan cars that maybe too fast? 4cell anyone??? Got a full field of 10 cars and few on waiting list.

Got a nice ad in Xtreme this month. Added a bunch more sponsors since that came out. Can't thank all the companies enough for being a part of the event. Without you, the 'birds would not be happening.

Entry list should be up before Christmas. We are close to full at all. Don't worry... As I mentioned before, we have not sold out until mid-January almost each year. Holidays are tough, I know. But almost no sponsors drivers are in, and we are ahead of last year, so the race is looking great! We will limit the total to keep the times easy.

Don't forget to bookmark our site. I update it frequently with news. Been getting a lot of hits on it... so I know racers are getting pumped up.

www.snowbirdnationals.com

Mike
Old 12-13-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just got my entries out yesterday. I cant wait.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by scarecrow
Mason.

finally, one race i know i have a shot at winning.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RCThunder
Thinking on the rules for the F1 'Alpha Cup' Demo.... first thought was 6cell any stock. But since they are pan cars that maybe too fast? 4cell anyone??? Got a full field of 10 cars and few on waiting list.

Got a nice ad in Xtreme this month. Added a bunch more sponsors since that came out. Can't thank all the companies enough for being a part of the event. Without you, the 'birds would not be happening.

Entry list should be up before Christmas. We are close to full at all. Don't worry... As I mentioned before, we have not sold out until mid-January almost each year. Holidays are tough, I know. But almost no sponsors drivers are in, and we are ahead of last year, so the race is looking great! We will limit the total to keep the times easy.

Don't forget to bookmark our site. I update it frequently with news. Been getting a lot of hits on it... so I know racers are getting pumped up.

www.snowbirdnationals.com

Mike
4 wheel F201 vs 2 wheel drive pan cars might be close.... The F201 with a 3800 stick pack, stock motor, and a 64 pitch 78 spur might give them a run....
Now use LIPO and a brushless system and it will be very interesting....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.