R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2007, 07:24 PM   #586
Tech Master
 
old-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,112
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Nikkiesteban,

Quote:
How can I eliminate the car from going left?
i also noticed that the adjuster has some slops. do you think it has something to do with the adjusters?
Check your rear suspension assembly if they are perpendicular to the chassis.
old-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:56 PM   #587
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-man View Post
Nikkiesteban,



Check your rear suspension assembly if they are perpendicular to the chassis.
I noticed that when i put my car at rest(all wheels are on the ground/surface). the downstop screw is far from the chassis. so it means that its not working? do you think its the issue of the car going right?
__________________
hello miss, puwede pa bind?

Last edited by nikkiesteban; 09-09-2007 at 11:08 PM.
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:34 AM   #588
Tech Regular
 
rays_tt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 483
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys just built my ta05ms, will post pics soon

I was just wondering how important is it to cement the cf? cause I couldn't wait to build it and just built it thinking I'll get some cement later on and take it apart and build it again.

But a few people tell me its not all that important, what are you views?

Also I'm running a Mamba 5700 in mine, and wondering wheres the best place to get myself a spool? cause no way I can run one-way.

Thanks.
rays_tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 03:40 AM   #589
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rays_tt View Post
Hey guys just built my ta05ms, will post pics soon

I was just wondering how important is it to cement the cf? cause I couldn't wait to build it and just built it thinking I'll get some cement later on and take it apart and build it again.

But a few people tell me its not all that important, what are you views?

Also I'm running a Mamba 5700 in mine, and wondering wheres the best place to get myself a spool? cause no way I can run one-way.

Thanks.
helps to prevent the chassis from splitting... the chassis may be be splitted into two if the crash is too hard..
__________________
hello miss, puwede pa bind?
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:30 AM   #590
Tech Regular
 
HI_808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 359
Default

The downstop/droop screw shouldn't be touching the chassis when the car is at rest. The space between the screw and the chassis gives the damper an upstroke and a limit to that stroke.
HI_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:42 AM   #591
Tech Addict
 
rampal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to rampal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiesteban View Post
How can I eliminate the car from going left?
i also noticed that the adjuster has some slops. do you think it has something to do with the adjusters?

and i think my hinge pins are bent.. i don't know maybe some crashing bent my pins.. do you think its the cause?
it seems you have what is known as tweak... first of all, take the wheels off, unscrew the topdeck and sit the chassis on a really flat surface. start to tighten up the screws on an x pattern (front left, rear right, front right, rear left) thoughout all screws. I usually do it from the outside to inside. the MS with 16 screws is really a pain to set.

put the wheels on, set up ride height and droop (those set screws on the arms) to have exactly the same measure on the 4 corners.

and give it a go! Nevertheless, if you have bent hinge pins, not only they're changing overall alignment, they are also forcing your chassis on a position that can increase the tweak effect. change those, and try the above...

cheers,
al
__________________
The Blue Armada: Tamiya TRF415MSXX, Tamiya TA05MS, Tamiya/Xenon TA05
Novak Brushless, Orion/Peak LiPo batteries, 5-cell
Sanwa M11 DSSS, KO Propo Servos

Last edited by rampal; 09-10-2007 at 05:53 AM.
rampal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:48 AM   #592
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampal View Post
it seems you have what is known as tweak... first of all, take the wheels off, unscrew the topdeck and sit the chassis on a really flat surface. start to tighten up the screws on an x pattern (front left, rear right, front right, rear left) thoughout all screws. I usually do it from the outside to inside. the MS with 16 screws is really a pain to set.

put the wheels on, set up ride height and droop (those set screws on the arms) to have exactly the same measue on the 4 corners.

and give it a go! Nevertheless, if you have bent hinge pins, not only they're changing overall alignment, they are also forcing your chassis on a position that can increase the tweak effect. change those, and try the above...

cheers,
al
thank you al i will try. about the droop i'm still very confused.. i really don't know how much it affects the car.
can someone briefly explain the droop? and why drooping is need? and how to measure and do the drooping.? thanks in advance... i really want to know so that i will become a better driver someday(when)...
__________________
hello miss, puwede pa bind?
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:29 AM   #593
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiesteban View Post
thank you al i will try. about the droop i'm still very confused.. i really don't know how much it affects the car.
can someone briefly explain the droop? and why drooping is need? and how to measure and do the drooping.? thanks in advance... i really want to know so that i will become a better driver someday(when)...
nikki

Read this DROOP section and give it a try

http://richardchang.com/hobby.php?topic=tcsetup

Hope it help you make your dicision
__________________
Racingfactory.fi -> GM - LRP - Futaba - Tamiya Mini M03 - Tamiya 415MSX MRE - Tamiya 416 WE
Cruisaaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:23 PM   #594
Tech Regular
 
HI_808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiesteban View Post
thank you al i will try. about the droop i'm still very confused.. i really don't know how much it affects the car.
can someone briefly explain the droop? and why drooping is need? and how to measure and do the drooping.? thanks in advance... i really want to know so that i will become a better driver someday(when)...
If you push your chassis down and then let it come to rest, you can measure the space between the ground and your chassis to get your ride height. Now, lift your car up and suspension should be able to move a few millimeters before the droop screw limits that distance. One way of measuring droop is to measure the amount your car can lift up before the tires come off the ground from the ride height.

Think of droop as suspension upstroke. As one end of your car gets the weight transferred to it and the suspension compresses, the opposite side(s) transfers weight to that end. The extent to which the opposite side shifts weight to the compressed end is partially determined by droop. So, more droop means more upstroke and more weight transfer to the compressed end.
HI_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:32 PM   #595
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI_808 View Post
If you push your chassis down and then let it come to rest, you can measure the space between the ground and your chassis to get your ride height. Now, lift your car up and suspension should be able to move a few millimeters before the droop screw limits that distance. One way of measuring droop is to measure the amount your car can lift up before the tires come off the ground from the ride height.

Think of droop as suspension upstroke. As one end of your car gets the weight transferred to it and the suspension compresses, the opposite side(s) transfers weight to that end. The extent to which the opposite side shifts weight to the compressed end is partially determined by droop. So, more droop means more upstroke and more weight transfer to the compressed end.
thanks for explaining it to me. What will be a good starting point for droop? someone here said that if i will adjust the rear droop it will take effect on the front? is that correct? why is that?
__________________
hello miss, puwede pa bind?
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:54 PM   #596
Tech Regular
 
HI_808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 359
Default

Around 3 mm all around is a good place to start. If you increase the droop on the rear, you will transfer more weight to the front. But that will also decrease your rear traction under deceleration. Every adjustment you make has one more than effect, so you just have to try and mess around to see how tuning affects the car as a whole.
HI_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:46 PM   #597
Tech Master
 
maxepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Aliso Viejo, Calif.
Posts: 1,633
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Droop revisited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiesteban View Post
thanks for explaining it to me. What will be a good starting point for droop? someone here said that if i will adjust the rear droop it will take effect on the front? is that correct? why is that?
Try to visualize that on acceleration the front of the car lifts up and on deceleration the rear of the car lifts up, so in affect controlling the amount of lift is changing the amount of weight transfer.

So, if your car is loose on acceleration then increase the amount of lift in the front.(transfer weight to rear tires)

If the car is loose on deceleration than decrease the amount of lift in the rear.(transfer weight to the front)

So, droop is controlling the amount of lift or upstroke which is if you again visualize this, is causing the weight of the car to transfer back and forth from front to rear.

Now you can look at your car and raise the back or the front of your car sitting on a table using your hands to immitate what the car is doing on the track and where you need to transfer weight to the front or to the rear again by changing the amount of lift (DROOP).

Or on a race track it is more of needing more traction coming in or out of a corner is more of what racers see what is happening and that is how they know if they need to adjust droop in the front or in the rear!

Hope I helped more than I confused!
Just my 2$

Last edited by maxepower; 09-11-2007 at 11:14 AM.
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 02:40 AM   #598
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxepower View Post
Try to visualize that on acceleration the front of the car lifts up and on deceleration the rear of the car lifts up, so in affect controlling the amount of lift is changing the amount of weight transfer.

So, if your car is loose on acceleration then increase the amount of lift in the front.

If the car is loose on deceleration than decrease the amount of lift in the rear.

So, droop is controlling the amount of lift or upstroke which is if you again visualize this, is causing the weight of the car to transfer back and forth from front to rear.

Now you can look at your car and raise the back or the front of your car sitting on a table using your hands to immitate what the car is doing on the track and where you need to transfer weight to the front or to the rear again by changing the amount of lift (DROOP).

Or on a race track it is more of needing more traction coming in or out of a corner is more of what racers see what is happening and that is how they know if they need to adjust droop in the front or in the rear!

Hope I helped more than I confused!
Just my 2$
thanks you.. i guess my downstop screws are not in set. I will try to set it.. and see how the car handles.. thanks to all.
__________________
hello miss, puwede pa bind?
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:17 PM   #599
Tech Master
 
nikkiesteban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,649
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to nikkiesteban
Default

is there a full set of titanium turnbuckles and full set of screws for 05ms? the steel aren't good.
__________________
hello miss, puwede pa bind?
nikkiesteban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:23 PM   #600
Tech Master
 
PitNamedGordie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Highwood, IL
Posts: 1,789
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxepower View Post
Try to visualize that on acceleration the front of the car lifts up and on deceleration the rear of the car lifts up, so in affect controlling the amount of lift is changing the amount of weight transfer.

So, if your car is loose on acceleration then increase the amount of lift in the front.(transfer weight to rear tires)

If the car is loose on deceleration than decrease the amount of lift in the rear.(transfer weight to the front)

So, droop is controlling the amount of lift or upstroke which is if you again visualize this, is causing the weight of the car to transfer back and forth from front to rear.

Now you can look at your car and raise the back or the front of your car sitting on a table using your hands to immitate what the car is doing on the track and where you need to transfer weight to the front or to the rear again by changing the amount of lift (DROOP).

Or on a race track it is more of needing more traction coming in or out of a corner is more of what racers see what is happening and that is how they know if they need to adjust droop in the front or in the rear!

Hope I helped more than I confused!
Just my 2$

That is probably the simplest explanation of droop I've ever heard...it's all clear now...
__________________
☆ The Track @ Harbor Hobbies ☆ www.harbor-hobby.net ☆
PitNamedGordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Ta05ms subaru73 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 10-02-2008 07:25 PM
Tamiya TA05MS Italian racer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 15 03-24-2008 09:53 PM
FS: Tamiya TA05MS Hebiki R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 02-01-2008 06:30 PM
FS: TAMIYA TA05MS ONE RUN! Chris Furman R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 10-20-2007 05:16 AM
TAMIYA TA05MS m3ndo5a R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-14-2007 11:24 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:12 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net