Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Violence at the track. What consequences? >

Violence at the track. What consequences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Violence at the track. What consequences?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Team Tekin

What about goof kids that walk into the track from the mall (a carpet track here is in the mall, pretty cool) and pick up your car and run out with it? I had a kid do that to me, he looked about my age and I told him to put it down, but he took off running! I put my radio down and chased him out into the mall and he dropped the car on its lid and kept running. I thought about chasing him down, but that wouldn't have solved anything. I got my car back, all that matters. I really would have like to catch him, but it wouldn't have turned out nice. I can bet the police would have been called on that one if anything went down, especially since it's in a mall.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
I usually agree with you, but on this one, you are absolutely..WRONG. Humiliating someone is a surefire way to have face meet the bottom of a boot. A few dudes grabbing someone to duct tape them is an act of violence, even if you do it laughing and mean to teach someone a lesson. In doing the "duct tape" thing, the individuals have assigned themselves judge and jury, the official track bouncers. If someone is that much of a pain, and you feel the need to intervene, best bet, approach that person and speak with caution. Speaking for someone, playing devils advocate might get you the boot or even worse, knocked the eff out. Best bet, you see it, either report it, ask the person to chill or mind your business.
I agree 100%. I really wouldn't do that. I'm a piece maker.
Kids will be kids.
Thats the parents job. Hopefully no one commits to doing that?

Probably should have put a laughing face behind that.
You do make an excellent point.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeel
Violence is never the answer.

Remember you never know how tough someone is just from looking at them. If you could come to the BJJ gym I train at I can gaurantee you could not pick out our teams best fighters on looks alone.

Also, thinking you can beat someone up and actually being able to do it are two different things. More than once I have seen the attacker end up for the worse in these types of situations.

Lastly, at the end of the day if you still feel the need to be violent, go join a local boxing or MMA club. Might change your outlook on what being tough means and why hurting someone is never something to be proud of.
I agree with you 1 million%
Old 04-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

But there's always one dumb@ss who just doesn't know how to act with the big mouth and being agressive on the track and with his remarks and as soon as you KO him he play's victim and everyone knows he had it coming to him. It's the classic big mouth ish talker, when it comes down to it he's just full of hot air and a fake tuff guy, that becomes victim because of his mouth and actions. It's a classic.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:06 PM
Tech Addict

Just run your R/C's and have fun. It's a hobby not a fight club.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I personally think that the track I race at is not serious. We are there to have fun and that what we have. The track is pretty much a place for kids and adults to have fun. As a kid (13), I understand what you mean about kids being loud and annoying. Most of the kids at the track are my around age and we all are friends. It seems that alot of you guys think kids are annoying. I don't know what you guys are reffering to, but if it is alot of questions, it is in our(mine mostly) nature. The track director was plagued by alot of questions from me, but he answered them, and it helped me become a better racer. He now sends me all the other kids to me when they have questions. Anyway, you guys were talking about violence at the track...
From my understanding, violence comes in two forms, verbal and physical. I have never encountered physical violence at the track, but verbal violence. I think that verbal violence should not be tolerated. Kids have been yelled at multiple times at the track I race at. When and why?...

Marshalling, because of frequency conflicts and hacking.

These are three things that should be taught to new comers at a track... Why? It stops violence. Marshalling is easy for kids, and we do it fast. I am probally the one of three kids at my track that know how to properly marshall. Again, I talked to the track director on how to marshall, and he explained it. Some kids don't have the smarts to ask questions, so they go out and marshall and daydream, drop cars, run across the track and trip, etc... This is when adults get pissed and yell. Hell, its not the kids fault! Your the retard that allowed them to go out and marshall without being taught how to. Also, I am fortunate to have a 2.4ghz radio. Kids have not been taught how to use a frequency clip, or check to make sure that thier frequency is open, so again, it creates problems. Hacking is a big problrm in R/C that is hard to see "who dun it", and should be resolved with an apology and maybe so help fixing damage, etc... I have to have at least $30 worth of broken parts that was not caused by me (mostly in spur gears caused by rear ends(I run 1/12th)). I don't get angry or yell because my car is broken because of someone else, instead I use that as motivation. I think to myself... "I'm gonna take them to school", etc... Being hacked gets me pissed and lets me drive better. I Remember to keep being pissed off in my head and to myself, and everyone is happy(mostly me). And most of the time when your pissed and keep it to yourself, you arn't pissed anymore. I never hack back or am uncurtious when driving. Instead I give the faster driver the right away, and let my driving do the talking.

-"Scuba" Steve
Old 04-17-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trjracing
Just run your R/C's and have fun. It's a hobby not a fight club.
In the basment of the Hobby Shop (where my LHS's track is located) you would think it was.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RCSteve93
I personally think that the track I race at is not serious. We are there to have fun and that what we have. The track is pretty much a place for kids and adults to have fun. As a kid (13), I understand what you mean about kids being loud and annoying. Most of the kids at the track are my around age and we all are friends. It seems that alot of you guys think kids are annoying. I don't know what you guys are reffering to, but if it is alot of questions, it is in our(mine mostly) nature. The track director was plagued by alot of questions from me, but he answered them, and it helped me become a better racer. He now sends me all the other kids to me when they have questions. Anyway, you guys were talking about violence at the track...
From my understanding, violence comes in two forms, verbal and physical. I have never encountered physical violence at the track, but verbal violence. I think that verbal violence should not be tolerated. Kids have been yelled at multiple times at the track I race at. When and why?...

These are three things that should be taught to new comers at a track... Why? It stops violence. Marshalling is easy for kids, and we do it fast. I am probally the one of three kids at my track that know how to properly marshall. Again, I talked to the track director on how to marshall, and he explained it. Some kids don't have the smarts to ask questions, so they go out and marshall and daydream, drop cars, run across the track and trip, etc... This is when adults get pissed and yell. Hell, its not the kids fault! Your the retard that allowed them to go out and marshall without being taught how to. Also, I am fortunate to have a 2.4ghz radio. Kids have not been taught how to use a frequency clip, or check to make sure that thier frequency is open, so again, it creates problems. Hacking is a big problrm in R/C that is hard to see "who dun it", and should be resolved with an apology and maybe so help fixing damage, etc... I have to have at least $30 worth of broken parts that was not caused by me (mostly in spur gears caused by rear ends(I run 1/12th)). I don't get angry or yell because my car is broken because of someone else, instead I use that as motivation. I think to myself... "I'm gonna take them to school", etc... Being hacked gets me pissed and lets me drive better. I Remember to keep being pissed off in my head and to myself, and everyone is happy(mostly me). And most of the time when your pissed and keep it to yourself, you arn't pissed anymore. I never hack back or am uncurtious when driving. Instead I give the faster driver the right away, and let my driving do the talking.

-"Scuba" Steve

i agree 100% with you

what is dumb is when your marshaling the straight and there is a car in the middle of the track on the other side of the straight the driver of the car that needs marshalling is yelling prophanitys and threats if i dont get his car when there ARE CARS COMING DOWN THE STRAIGHT !!!!!

and sorry to change the subject but while we are on the topic of marshalling why is it when a car is being marshalled the driver waits untill the marshall picks up the car and then full throttles it?

i need to go but i will edit with the rest of what i have to say

i dont want to miss my bus
Old 04-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Violence can happen at any given time over nonsense. That's just every day life. Yes, we can avoid it most of the time but there is times when it can't. The best thing to do is walk away and go about your business and make the best of your day. I agree most tracks do not encounter these types of problems because everyone knows each other and respects each other there is never a issue. But I seen where guys go to race at a local area where it's ok to run R/C's at, Guy's tend to shoot the lips too freely and disrespect one another and get wreckless with the remarks and actions because they got there people around so they put on a show. Yes, I've seen and heard stories and it's sad because when it all come's down to it, it's just a hobby and you always get one who just doesn't know how to act. I've seen some stupid stuff that guy's do for no reason. But over all it should be a fun hobby and something to enjoy on your spare time. And when you see someone acting a fool just keep your distance and try to enjoy the rest of your day. Don't let one person mess up your day. But if or when the problem comes to you, stand your ground...
Old 04-17-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

In the basment of the Hobby Shop (where my LHS's track is located) you would think it was.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Tech Addict

You lost me with that one because I just made a general remark.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Addict

But I do agree that violence should not be tolerated at any track. At the end of the day it is just a hobby, enjoy it. It's true what they say, LIFE'S TOO SHORT make the best of it.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Tech Addict

TAKE CARE GUYS...
Old 04-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

-"Scuba" Steve
Some one give this kid an Indian head rub, hes good.
I like your attitude.
Good points.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trjracing
Violence can happen at any given time over nonsense. That's just every day life. Yes, we can avoid it most of the time but there is times when it can't.
Sorry, I've got to disagree with this. Violence can ALWAYS be avoided.

I've been in this hobby for over 17 years. I've had some VERY bad days, and I've had some very bad interactions with other drivers, we all have. But, there hasn't been a single instance where I felt that I could solve the problem by violence.

The track owner has the ultimate responsibility for resolving problems. Whether it is an on-track or off-track issue, they need to decide how to resolve it. If we disagree with the atmosphere that the track owner chooses to have, we need to find another place to race. If the track owner is just not willing to deal with the problem, we need to find another place to race. We, as racers, can not appoint ourselves judge, jury and executioner.

The ONLY violence that I would ever find acceptable is when it is used in self-defense. If a racer calls another racer out to the parking lot to settle a score, and that racer willingly goes out, both racers should be banned from the track. If one racer sucker punches another and that racer defends himself, only the racer that sucker punched the other should be banned.

We all have the right to defend ourselves from physical violence. But, to turn an on-track accident with toy cars into a fist-fight... Sorry, you'll never convince me that violence is the right answer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.