Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Violence at the track. What consequences? >

Violence at the track. What consequences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Violence at the track. What consequences?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Default Violence at the track. What consequences?

Where does your track/club stand on violence at the track? What consequences should there be for someone that decides to put their hands on another person at the track? Should the track ban the person? As a racer what would you like to see happen to someone that brings violence to the track?

Would you continue to support a track that justified violence by not asking the violator to leave?
Old 04-16-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Simply not allowed. As a previous track owner the simple straight forward answer so that there is NO confusion....NOT Allowed.

You do it once, you will be asked to leave for the day and warned that if he does it again on any future day, he/she will be banned from racing at the track. Discuss the rules at every single drivers meeting and make it very clear. There is simply no room for behaviour like that at the track.

This is meant to be a hobby, and in most places, a family oriented environment where this kind of behaviour should never be allowed.

If the track owners allow this behaviour to go unpunished, you should find a better place to race at.

Just my $0.02
Old 04-16-2007, 05:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

As a race director, violence means that persons are done.

Even verbal abuse is bad enough to ban that person.

Luckily that has never happened at my track, but if it ever did I wouldn't tolerate any of it.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

normally, that person would get banned and wouldn't be allowed back.

we had a situation come up once where an out of town racer was getting out of hand with one of our regulars, calling our regular names and such. well, our regular racer knocked the tar out of him and that out of towner got banned since he pretty much started it.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So at your track name calling justifies violence... hmm I guess I don't want to race on that track. I would have banned your friend as well in a hartbeat for at least a month. BTW "who started it" may make an excuse among 6 year olds...

Sorry for the vent I guess i'm just devastated about virginia tech...
Old 04-16-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Physical altercation - ban them. Period, end of subject. In the case of the local beating up the out of towner for name calling, that local should have been banned if they made contact first.

As for language, that's a grey area and we do live in a hyper PC society. Should be up to the race directors discretion. If the person uses language that would make a longshoreman blush, ask them to calm down or leave, but do something. When you don't do anything, that is when it esclates. The race director needs to control the drivers, not the drivers controling the event. I have seen that happen enough times reffing hockey games.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 328 (100%+)

back in 96 at one of my local tracks things got so heated a guy went out to get a gun out of the trunk of his car but luckily the track owner got him to leave peacefully.im pretty sure it all started with coments made on the driver stand!!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

To me it's simple, anybody who physically attacks another person should be banned permanently from the track. No debate, no discussion, just pack your stuff and don't come back. I don't care who says what or what happened on the track, if you feel the need to cause physical harm to another person, you don't need to be in this hobby. Any competitive hobby will generate stressful situations, and if you are going to be involved in this hobby, you need to be able to control yourself.

When violence occurs, it isn't just the people who were attacked that are affected. Many people who race there will feel threatened or at risk. It is quite possible that these good people will choose to race somewhere else or get out of the hobby entirely.

If possible, track owners need to deal with these situations before they escalate into violence. If they don't catch it in time, they need to react quickly and decisively and eliminate the potential for future problems.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Where's Fred?
Old 04-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Where's Fred?

Shut Up!! Or I will kick your butt!!

Brant
Old 04-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Lord

I agree with others about having a no tolerance policy on this sort of thing. Violence is not a reasonable response to name calling, even in Oklahoma where I saw more bar fights in 10 years than you could possibly fathom. The out of towner should have pressed charges and dragged that guy through the legal system. Assault is a crime.

In unrelated news, tell someone close to you that you love them, and keep the people at VT in your thoughts. My friend flew out this afternoon to be with his little brother who was shot in the face during today's rampage. We're hopeful he's going to make it. Life is too short and precious to beat people over toy cars, or just about anything, for that matter.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I agree with others about having a no tolerance policy on this sort of thing. Violence is not a reasonable response to name calling, even in Oklahoma where I saw more bar fights in 10 years than you could possibly fathom. The out of towner should have pressed charges and dragged that guy through the legal system. Assault is a crime.

In unrelated news, tell someone close to you that you love them, and keep the people at VT in your thoughts. My friend flew out this afternoon to be with his little brother who was shot in the face during today's rampage. We're hopeful he's going to make it. Life is too short and precious to beat people over toy cars, or just about anything, for that matter.

WOW! sorry about ur buddys friend! hope he gets better man

and yeh at my track any violence or anything he kicks them out and doesnt let them come back! which is how it should be! imo
Old 04-16-2007, 08:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cvt01
So at your track name calling justifies violence... hmm I guess I don't want to race on that track. I would have banned your friend as well in a hartbeat for at least a month. BTW "who started it" may make an excuse among 6 year olds...

Sorry for the vent I guess i'm just devastated about virginia tech...
wow, just posting the one time we had an altercation at our track in the 10 years i've been going out there. it's easy to sit back and say what should happen to somebody but if you weren't there, you don't really know everything that happened.

yeah, bad day at virginia tech.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Shut Up!! Or I will kick your butt!!

Brant

syndrome, you should ban pooky from responding to your posts for at least this thread :P
Old 04-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Mdoc
syndrome, you should ban pooky from responding to your posts for at least this thread :P
He's just lucky I don't bust out my world famous "flying keyboard tackle."

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.