Wiki Posts
Search

LRP Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Iceracer
This is totally appalling to read, considering I just bought a 2007 Comp Sphere. I agree with the guy that posted earlier that AE should set up a test bench and if an ESC comes in that is fried or doesn't function, if its within the warranty period they should immediately send out a warranty replacement. If it needs more troubleshooting than they can handle, they should ship it off to Germany and get the job done in a couple of weeks. I really hope the reasoning is incorrect that the reason they are so piss poor in turnaround time is because the reliability of their product sucks and they are swamped with fried ESC's. Maybe its just that they sell one hell of a lot of ESC's? On the bright side, their ESC does work great, and they beat Novak to it by having a lipo cutoff built in. That's what sold me on the Comp Sphere.
Hey, if it works, run it to the wheels fall off.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by loopedout
Ive sent emails to LRP euro and US with no response. Left a message on the Germany number as well. Last time I called LRP US they told me they sent my esc to the wrong person and that they were going to get it back and get it to me. Im just not sure what to think.
Ya did the same, Buritto asked me to email him but has his email turn off on his profile, found his address on LRP site sent the email and NOTHING. Emailed everybody at LRP, no response.

Hello, these are your customers calling.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, outstanding customer service all the way.....

Later EddieO
Old 04-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I learned my lesson a few years ago when I bought a LRP charger and used it for about two week when the "magic smoke" came out and then it would no longer charge.

I sent it in for repair through the LHS where I bought it. After waiting six weeks, I got the charger back and the repair cost was almost the price of a new one. The repair note seem to imply that I hooked the charger up wrong to my power supply. The odd part about that was I had already used it to charge several packs that day.

So to make a long story short, I will never own another LRP product. I will gladly quit racing after twenty years if that is my only choice.

PS. I just spent my $300.00 on a Novak brushless system yesterday. I'm only one voice, but I feel better knowing I spent my hard earned money on the right product.

MC
Old 04-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

After reading this and several other threads on this forum, I will no longer buy any Team Brood products. That dude needs to act more like a representative of his company and less like an internet troll.

Back on topic: I feel bad for all the people who have been screwed around by AE/LRP. Fortunately, I can't relate as I have 4 LRP speedos that have always worked flawlessly. I have one 5 year old v7.1, one 5 year old QC2, and two 2006 Sphere Comps. I've never had thermal issues with the spheres even though I don't use a heatsink or fan in 2WD mod buggy. On the other hand, several top tier drivers at the local track have had thermal issues with their Novaks.

Buying a speedo is like buying a computer in that both products are outdated sooner than later. AE probably didn't want to be sitting on a boatload of 2006 spheres just before the new spheres came out and I'm sure that customer service suffered as a result. Also, it's hard enough to take care of customers, but it's even more difficult when the LRP factory is located on another continent. As an example, I called AE to see if they could send me some extra thermal tape and orange/yellow wires and they were happy to do it, but they had to check if they had some extras lying around before they would commit to sending the stuff. I got the feeling that if they hadn't had any extras, it could have been a LONG time before I ever got my stuff.

If the new Tekin speedos are as good as they should be, I'll switch over to Tekin because of LRP's North American distribution issues and not because of their speedos performance. Maybe LRP should move to California.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Leodis
After reading this and several other threads on this forum, I will no longer buy any Team Brood products. That dude needs to act more like a representative of his company and less like an internet troll.
Suggest you check out AXIOM , They are one of the most popular and fastest brush motor`s in the N/w ..
Old 04-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Leodis, hardly acting like a troll.....I myself have been screwed by LRP.....as have others.....and I was responding to Cherry the LRP fanatic's comments that people should live with crappy customer service.....

As for you not buying anymore brood stuff.....fine with me. Customers who think I am gonna going to sit back and let people get screwed by a company with poor customer service are not need by me or my company.

Please show me any other thread where I act like a troll.....I simply state my opinion and/or the facts.....if people get butt hurt by that, then so be it......mulitple other company reps do the same thing......some of us, just aren't afraid of saying what we think.

If that makes me a troll.....so be it. I think making a threat to not buy products unless I act the way you want me to, is more of a troll than anything.....stomp your feet, you might get some candy.

Later EddieO
Old 04-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

I guess when you have bad experience of any product its natural to get frustrated about it and go off on one, but the fact is it just makes you come to a decision if something is worth staying with, or leaving.

Hopefully you'll get better service in the future should anything go wrong.

We all have our favorites in the "r/c chocolate box" ypu've just got to pick out the yummy ones from the horrible ones!....
Old 04-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Oh my....I am the troll.....I slam a company for customer service.....but it must be ok for your to do it...

Posted by you in the TIR thread

"TIR is run by a bunch of douchebags. I placed an order with them and never received a shipping confirmation even though my credit card had been charged. They replied to my first email inquiring about the status of my order, but they ignored the rest of them and I ended up having to dispute the charge with my credit card company to get TIR to give me my money back.

I'm quite frankly shocked that a TIR rep now has the balls to come on a message board and verbally abuse people who they've already screwed over. These guys won't be in business for too much longer. They make Integy's customer service look top notch in comparison!"

So it's ok for you, but not for me? Pot yer black....kettle wtf?

Later EddieO
Old 04-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by EddieO
Oh my....I am the troll.....

These guys won't be in business for too much longer.
Want to bet ?

You will B gone way before .....
Old 04-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hey Eddie O,

I don't want to start a flamewar with you, but I hope you realize that your last post just proved my point. Not only did you go trolling through the archives to use my own words against me, but you also picked a bad example as I was sticking up for people who were also screwed over by TIR and then got verbally abused by TIR's company representatives on an internet forum because they dared to complain about TIR's highly unethical business practices and poor customer service. Not acting very professional, eh?

Whether you like it or not, pro racers and RC company representatives are held to a higher standard on rctech and other forums. It might not be fair, but that's just the way it is and that's the price you all have to pay in order to use internet forums as a tool to promote your products and stay in touch with your customers. I've made several purchases lately based on the presence, helpfulness, and conduct of company representatives on rctech and other forums and I'm sure that lots more people do the same thing. Just my two cents. Take 'em or leave 'em in the jar. Peace.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Cherry, are you just plain dumb.....that was quote from some one else....not myself, talking about a completely different company....

And yes Cherry, I will take the bet that I will be in business longer than TIR.....

And using the search engine is hardly trolling.....its simply looking up the facts.....of your 50 posts, you slammed integy, tir and roar....just the ones I looked through....

I love your example....so its ok, for you to stick up for people who got hosed by TIR, but if I do it against LRP....I am a troll.....yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Do you read the crap you type?

Your definition of a troll is way off what it really is.......people with 50 posts who barely ever talk and when they do, use it to slam companies/people.......thats a troll bud, someone who doesn't contribute anything to a topic other than a flame....

Starting a flamewar? You did that the moment you came in with your two cents and flamed me for doing the SAME thing you have done in other threads....

My higher standards......saying what I think, regardless of what anyone thinks......

Later EddieO
Old 04-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

im getting the new LRP brushless for my 1/12 car
if it go's BOOMi dont care.

Old 04-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Read this in the paper today:

http://tinyurl.com/2l2k6p

Companies big and small should be paying attention to what is said in public forums on the internet about their products and company and respond.

It would seem that lots of RC companies would be doing themselves a favor if they got engaged with their customers.

The problem probably lies in small minds. They're too busy with their core biz of trying to make a profit to pay attention to bad/good press or other marketing issues.

I've heard that customers who RC race (what rctech.net is based on), is really only about 5 percent of the total RC market, in land based RC.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
Read this in the paper today:

http://tinyurl.com/2l2k6p

Companies big and small should be paying attention to what is said in public forums on the internet about their products and company and respond.

It would seem that lots of RC companies would be doing themselves a favor if they got engaged with their customers.

The problem probably lies in small minds. They're too busy with their core biz of trying to make a profit to pay attention to bad/good press or other marketing issues.

I've heard that customers who RC race (what rctech.net is based on), is really only about 5 percent of the total RC market, in land based RC.
Like companies such as Orion or Novak. Proactive with there customers.
On here they give some of the most personal support I have ever seen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.