Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LRP Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Tech Addict

All i can say is the UK LRP service is pretty damm good i herd of guy who had a pack of cells leak on him ( i know nothing to do with esc) but anyway quick phone call and the cells sent off to them about a 5 days or so later 2 brand new packs of cells soldered up as well with a "sorry" letter as well...

cant fault them really
Old 04-08-2007, 07:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Q2 is ok when they dont melt.Customer service though,a bunch of wet noodles.Get ko and do it right the first time.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

BTW, whatever happened to the Q3?
Old 04-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by jiml
BTW, whatever happened to the Q3?
Obsolete before it was finish...
Old 04-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
Remember when their packaging and the instruction sheet said "lifetime warranty"?
The lifetime warranty does not include getting t-boned by an oval car at 40mph and having you speedo split in half. I expected them to say sorry, buy another one. They replaced it for a fee with a newly refurbed unit. I was surprized and very happy.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have the new 2007 TC Spec Sphere and so far no problems. Performs flawlessly with my 3,5T brushless motor.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)

Well I guess Im starting to get a bit upset with LRP as well. Been over a month and a half and Ive called the last three mondays and have been lied to about shipping, everytime I call they say "its on the way to your home."
Old 04-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
If your in between shipments from Lrp ...
You will have to be more patient because if they do not have a extra ESC to hand out for warranty work, you will have to wait a while ....

Everyone is treated the same....

should of waited .....
and
that`s your mistake .......

Funny, a fresh shipment of ESC`s
came in two month`s ago .
I got my Sphere repaired . I don`t understand how your`s did`nt get taken care of ....

That s the kind of situation you would never, ever get from the orange guys.
Novak service has been uber consistent over the years, ever since "back then" when I reversed-plugged my first novak-4... even from all the way back in europe, when we did not really have official distributors.

At Novak, everyone is treated the same: they are treated good !

That cannot be said for many brands nowadays..
Old 04-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nothing good to said about LRP at our Track. They get Bought...Burn Up...Get Mailed in.....Get Returned 2 Months Later....Burn Up.....Get sent in.....Get back 2 Months Later....Sold on Ebay.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Legend

Lrp service is just as good as anyones ...

The Lrp 2007 Competition is the most wanted brushless controller today , thats why no one has one ...

They will get a new shipment soon and like anyone else he will get taken care of just like they did for me ....

Even I had a wait ....

Worth it all , believe me .....

Thank !You ! Ae
Old 04-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

I love my sphere comp works great just want my other one back. I hate being lied to, id rather have the shitty truth than hear a good lie.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Cherry, you are dillusional.....the LRP service sucks, plain and simple....

3 months? no emails? lied about status? sent back unrepaired? Please show me a Novak thread like this....

Later EddieO
Old 04-10-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by EddieO
Cherry, you are dillusional.....the LRP service sucks, plain and simple....

3 months? no emails? lied about status? sent back unrepaired? Please show me a Novak thread like this....

Later EddieO
Anyone can call Ae Eddie.....

I did ...
Ae & Lrp does care and will, if you let them, help you.....

E-Mail ?
Heck even you don`t respond to E-mail....

Eddie , Novak is a great Company , just like Lrp !!!

Thats why you will never see me diss either one like you are doing....
Old 04-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Novak has its issues LRP has issues, just pick the lesser of two evils. But im still going to bitch. My experience so far, Novak gets your stuff back in a week but has a higher failure rate with certain products (SS+ ESC). LRP gets your stuff back to you in months but has a lower failure rate overall with ESCs anyway. Novak motors are like small block chevy tough, LRP motors, well they are fast but arent up to Novaks standard. LRP should get your stuff back to you sooner, ESCs arent rocket science and setting up a small test and repair bench should be thier primary concern.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EddieO
Maybe taco or dorito or whatever his name can come on here an explain to us the crap customer service this guy got....

Even Gary Owen quit AE.......to go work at trinity....now it makes sense...
@Eddie: Hmm, you never met me but you jump the gun quite fast (as usual?).
Definitely "Ryan McBee" wasn't treated in the right way and 3 months waiting time to get his problem fixed is not acceptable, but you should understand the way business works -> AE is the distributer for LRP products in North America and I can't speak for them since I'm working at R&D in Germany.

Nevertheless, we're aware that customer service for LRP products in the US wasn't done in a satisfying way recently and we're currently working to improve this together with Associated.

I don't think the "Gary Owen decision" has anything to do with this thread, nor with anything related to LRP. But I leave the conspiracy theory's to you...

@Ryan McBee: sorry to hear about your bad experience with the service, definitely that was not done in a satisfactory way. I'm sure the new "2007 Edition" speedo you got as a replacement will work very well now and my apologies for the long waiting time.
If you feel this still has not been taken care off properly, please send me an email to [email protected] and I'll see if I can do something for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.