Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy TC Race of Champions

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

Location: Orange County TrackMasters "The Home of R/C Champions"
Default sponger: regarding Tape editing/cutting/copying

I work with a firm that can duplicate, cut, trim or anything else you would like done to the tape and burn it to a CD/DVD if you want. Get my number from Fred and give me a call, we can discus and come up with a game plan if you have no other resources to get it down. DON'T SPEND THE MONEY ON SOFTWARE, IT WILL TAKE YOU ANOTHER 3WKS TO LEARN HOW TO WORK THE SOFTWARE, BELIEVE ME!

BendingCorners/Raffell T
Old 05-27-2003, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

was anyone having glitching issues on 2 band ch1-6. (i have been running 27 band for years and NEVER had glitching issues -unless some-one else turned their radio on), even at tamiya not a single, signal glitch. (my driving that is a diffrent issue) haha
Old 05-28-2003, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Fantastic Fred in his Lucky Irish Stone House!

I totally agree with RBF (Dave) about Scotty. His announcing was so exciting that I just had to slow down on my last lap to watch the battle between Dave and Tom...spectacular! Then when I saw Dave get across the line for one more lap, I had to bust a move lol.

Also, I'd like to give props to the trophy girl. For those who don't know who she is, she helps her bf out when he's racing with setting up his car and cutting his motors! I wish I had a mechanic like that. She's in it to win it

Last edited by rtypec; 05-28-2003 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

We all need mechanics like her. I must admit, it's difficult to work on the car with her nearby.
Old 05-28-2003, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Scotty is one of the greatest if not the greatest when it comes to announcing. For those of us that race at his facility in Milwaukee we are definately spoiled. I would definately recommend to everyone to attend at least 1 race at his facility, you will not be disappointed.

I just watched the race Yokomo put on the web and all I can say is awesome!
Old 05-28-2003, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

JasonC - As far as I know, most if not all of the glitching issues people were having occurred on 75 band - at least the unexplained ones!! I ran 3 all week long and never had a single radio hit for the weekend...

It was good to put a face with some of the names on here!!

Congrats to all!

Regards,
Chris Wilde
Old 05-28-2003, 02:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: The best Race announcer ever

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
I just gotta say that Scotty ROCKS !
A race without him is like a silent film.

Scotty is Full On Dolby Digital Surround Freakin Sound....Thanxs Scotty...you really make a difference.
We love him too at home! Invites to any one to come to the home track in Wisconsin. Novak race in January...biggest touring car race in the country! Lots of big names!Lots of fun! Lots of Scotty!
Old 05-28-2003, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by JasonC
was anyone having glitching issues on 2 band ch1-6. (i have been running 27 band for years and NEVER had glitching issues -unless some-one else turned their radio on), even at tamiya not a single, signal glitch. (my driving that is a diffrent issue) haha
Were you running one of the Reedy Spec's? A LOT of people are having problems with those motors I've been practicing with Chameleons with no problems but as soon as I put this motor in my car I had crazy throttle pulses until I cut my brushes down which probably hurt my performance some but atleast the glitching went away. Some guys gave up and just spectated the whole weekend

Last edited by MikeR; 05-29-2003 at 09:15 AM.
Old 05-28-2003, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Kraig
Scotty is one of the greatest if not the greatest when it comes to announcing. For those of us that race at his facility in Milwaukee we are definately spoiled. I would definately recommend to everyone to attend at least 1 race at his facility, you will not be disappointed.
(not trying to hijack the thread, but) I'm proud to say that Scotty enthusiastically agreed to run the races for the HPI Challenge World Finals in Vegas later this year, it should be well-organized and much fun for all the racers coming from overseas and around the country. After he ran a regional Challenge race for us at his old Hobbytown location and seeing him in action at the Reedy Race last year I knew it was a natural choice to have him do the honors for us once again.

Muy muy kudos to Scotty for all the announcing, barely even taking a break to let Fred announce!
Old 05-28-2003, 05:37 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Frank when does the Pro 4 come out?
Old 05-28-2003, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by noline
Hey Frank when does the Pro 4 come out?
Actually, the BIG question is... if it does come out before the HPI
Worlds, will it be legal to race it?
Old 05-28-2003, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

eeyan- Interested in HPI again huh? R u going to Riverside Saturday?
Old 05-29-2003, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

There are lots of fabulous photos of various people at the Reedy race in the Yokomo USA site gallery.

Would somebody be kind enough to give us names of the racers in the photos.

Living on the other side of the globe we rarely get to see alot of these guys so apart from the Bakers, Spashetts and Masamis the rest are just faces.

So if someone would just jot them down, say left to right in the order they appear in each photo, I would be most grateful.

I recognise a few guys like Tyree Phillips from Novak for I met him at the Worlds some years ago, but for example I connect frequently with MO on the Yokomo SD thread and would love to put a face to him.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 05-29-2003, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

t
Old 05-29-2003, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by skiptomylou6
eeyan- Interested in HPI again huh? R u going to Riverside Saturday?
Not 100% sure if I could go... =(

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.