Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 02:46 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Good strapping tape is the best way to keep packs from flying out. Just file down the battery slots and the tape slots and you won't have packs flying out anymore. I hate when my pack passes me on the track!!!!!
Old 11-01-2004, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

that just means that your batteries are reeeaaallly fast!!!!!!

mu culprit is that i always forget to do the tape slots, and it always cuts the tape. i need to file those also...
Old 11-01-2004, 03:58 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally posted by tamiyadriver

mu culprit is that i always forget to do the tape slots, and it always cuts the tape. i need to file those also...
Old 11-01-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by tamiyadriver
Old 11-02-2004, 12:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Also know as the EJECTOR braking system
Old 11-02-2004, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Gees, sure was a bit of reading to catch up on

Anyway, just got back from sunny Florida and the worlds, got to see the Cuda real close, and..... it was an Xenon R3!!! Dont get too excited, the just produced something to run at the worlds and it may or may not go into production Basically they had an R3 running with the R2 steering. One in Pink, one in Blue and one in Red.

Had a good chat with all the guys including Terutaka (Mr Xenon) He wasnt sure where the belt conversion thing started but said they were not doing anyhting along those lines.

They are also waiting to see what Alex are up to with the R4.

The Cudas went very well in the cooler conditions, but the cars werent quite there when it got hot, and boy did it get hot!!

Anyway, just to prove that they were running the cars as seen with Hideo's blue machine, heres a small appertiser, its Yutaka's car. Exactly the same just in Red.

Sorry its a bit blurred, wrong setting on the camera
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-yutaka-r3.jpg  
Old 11-02-2004, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Another pic, this time of the front end......
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-yutaka-front.jpg  
Old 11-02-2004, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

And last one...camera working now

Chassis and top deck both 2.5 mm, no milling to main chassis
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-yutaka-rear.jpg  
Old 11-02-2004, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Cheers guys. I do like the ejector braking system though.....

Cheers
Dan
Old 11-02-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi, I just see that the have mounted the ball studs upside down. cool idee need to try that one out. I can save the money for the spezial wrench
Old 11-02-2004, 10:54 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally posted by Lotus111
Hi, I just see that the have mounted the ball studs upside down. cool idee need to try that one out. I can save the money for the spezial wrench
I didn't know I could put my ball studs on like that but when I rebuild my car tonight and tommorrow I will be doing that. Nice to see that the team guys run stuff you can buy on their Cuda's.

I can see the Teams guys don't like the stock R3 steerign rack setup anymore than I do. I have a Xenon R2 but I want to run my new R3 instead. Will have to see how much better my R3 is witht he Speedway Pal steering rack that I now have.
Old 11-02-2004, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default long or short?

Hi all, let me just start by saying that i am having some really good runs with my R3 with some really good results too, so i'm happy to say that this car really does rock!
anyway, ever since new, i was recommended to use the mid span arms and the outest holes on the top deck. What i have noticed is that many set up sheet data given by K&K drivers plus from the pics of Gazza at the worlds still use the long arms What are the main points for using long VS short? I would try them out myself if it wasn't such a pain to try and get those stud balls out to the sus arms. any tips on getting them out without breaking the arms? heat them up before trying to rip it off or leave them screwed in the chassis and just lever it off?
cheers all.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: long or short?

Originally posted by poop
Hi all, let me just start by saying that i am having some really good runs with my R3 with some really good results too, so i'm happy to say that this car really does rock!
anyway, ever since new, i was recommended to use the mid span arms and the outest holes on the top deck. What i have noticed is that many set up sheet data given by K&K drivers plus from the pics of Gazza at the worlds still use the long arms What are the main points for using long VS short? I would try them out myself if it wasn't such a pain to try and get those stud balls out to the sus arms. any tips on getting them out without breaking the arms? heat them up before trying to rip it off or leave them screwed in the chassis and just lever it off?
cheers all.
poop.. when i used to run my R3... i switched to the short arms and had the camber links on the outer most holes to get more steering out of the car. (the car was very responsive) i liked it a lot better for the indoor technical track we have here in socal.

as for the ball studs. i usually use pliers to pull them off.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Poop,
the reason they were running the long span arms is simply due to the high grip surface that was raced on at the worlds. They are more consistant for use in this situation. Shorter or the Mid spans as we know them give better results on shorter, tighter tracks.
Just another tuning tool that other RC car manufacturers are catching on to. Just look at the difference it made to Xray

Its a quick changeover from one to the other and doesnt affect the camber settings etc (providing you have the same droop set on both arm sets ofcourse!!).

If have switched between the two on track days, try it, you can feel the difference between the two set ups.

You never know when you stumble on that hot set up that gives that little bit extra
Old 11-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey all...I tried blowing all the dust off my R2 but it will take a second round to get it all off...indoor seaon maybe starting here pretty soon and I'm excited to get mine back out to play with. I haven't been keeping up on this thread at all this summer. I've been playing in the dirt, so to speak. I'm ready to turn left AND right again. I just looked back a few postings and that is a nice red Xenon Cuda. Also, what's the scoop on the ejection batteries? Someone trying to be James Bond and break the competition?? lol...btw, hi Dave, Hermie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.