-Dave
Old 10-02-2004, 06:14 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Looking Good!!
-Dave
Thanks Dave. I'm just getting ready to pack up and head to the local indoor asphalt track to break it in some. I'm even going to try the one way. I hate those things but I will give it a try and work from their. Track is pretty tight so might not be the best thing.
Old 10-02-2004, 06:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by wyd
Thanks Dave. I'm just getting ready to pack up and head to the local indoor asphalt track to break it in some. I'm even going to try the one way. I hate those things but I will give it a try and work from their. Track is pretty tight so might not be the best thing.
Good luck with your new toy... some pointers on the R3.. you will want to run the shocks almost vertical in the front and the rear as you can this car is a little different to set up vice the R2
-Dave
Old 10-02-2004, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Car looks great. Good luck at the track.

Originally posted by wyd
Now with out the body.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Wyd

Are those yokomo springs your running ??

If so, do you often run with the rear springs harder than the front ?

It's something i was going to try next week as i'm struggling to get the turn in as visous as i like, So it's either that or a more aggressive tyre combo . Can't make my mind up
Old 10-02-2004, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Dave you posted a carpet setup a few pages back. I converted to a setup sheet and want to know if anything needs to be changed.

Old 10-02-2004, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by pumpkinfish
Dave you posted a carpet setup a few pages back. I converted to a setup sheet and want to know if anything needs to be changed.

You might want to change the rear diff setting... to Med.. and the camber link position to the out ones for the Front and Rear...and the Sus arms need to be changed to Mid-Span... thats all ..
But dont forget this is a basic carpet set up... it's a starting point
-Dave
Old 10-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Updated the picture above so I am not cluttering up the board. I did this for guys to print and keep as a base. I know it is sometimes hard to work from a written text file and the setup sheets provide that quick visual.

Last edited by pumpkinfish; 10-02-2004 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Updated the picture above so I am not cluttering up the board. I did this for guys to print and keep as a base. I know it is sometimes hard to work from a written text file and the setup sheets provide that quick visual.

You have a PM..
Old 10-02-2004, 02:15 PM
Tech Champion

Talking Nice Paint

Look Who has some nice paint on the New ALEX M6 Bodies at the Tokyo Hobby Show .. I wonder who painted them ..

I tried a few new colors of some same patterns
-Dave
Old 10-02-2004, 08:42 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally posted by Merciless
Wyd

Are those yokomo springs your running ??

If so, do you often run with the rear springs harder than the front ?

It's something i was going to try next week as i'm struggling to get the turn in as visous as i like, So it's either that or a more aggressive tyre combo . Can't make my mind up
Springs are from Rayspeed.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:50 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Well I ran the new R3 tonight. Car was fast all night long. In the main I was taken out on the 1st corner and batted back to 3rd in A but did run the fastest lap of day. I can't believe how fast Iw as and I even ran a one and have never ran one before at this track. Car was smooth and easy to drive all night. I very impressed with it.

Only real problem I have I think I read about before is their is just not enough steering throw on the R3 steering rack. The steering blocks are far from turning as far as they did on my R2. It would have really helped me to have more throw.

Speedtech don't have the Speedway ones in stock at this time and I'm going to a big race in 2 weeks and need to have this fixed before that. I will run the car next week and want to have a solution for it by then.

Ca I use the steering setup off my R2 and just change the center link between the steering links and the links going to the hubs? If I find a Speedway Pal steering rack how much more throw will I get? I'm looking for a blue one or would like to use the stock steering from my R2?
Old 10-02-2004, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

I'm trying to get to a target of -1.5 to -1.0 degrees or rear toe. I have the Ti-nitride coated 6.8mm uncentered ball studs but can't figure out how to position them. They don't look too "uncentered" to me! Should I use all four, on the fronts only or on the rear only. Also, I am using the Xenon aluminum rear hub carriers.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:43 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I'm trying to get to a target of -1.5 to -1.0 degrees or rear toe. I have the Ti-nitride coated 6.8mm uncentered ball studs but can't figure out how to position them. They don't look too "uncentered" to me! Should I use all four, on the fronts only or on the rear only. Also, I am using the Xenon aluminum rear hub carriers.
I run 1 degree of rear to in the rear. I use the Xenon rear hubs. I run the left one on the right side and vice versa. With the off center ball studs look for the little notch in the one side of the ball. Take the ones in the front of the rear arm and have that notch facing towards the center of the car and the rear studs have the notch facing the outside of the car. This will take the most amount of toe out of the car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.