Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Stock vs. Pal drive train

Question:

For those who have run the Cuda with Pal drive system. Do you find the need to use it in both Stock and Mod, or only when the low turn Mod are bolted in?

It has been my experence that the stock drive train is consistanly more free, however it takes some work to get the bearings from sliding, which of course leads to the replacment of a spur gear per race day

Info. as always is rewarded

thanks,

JC
Old 06-12-2003, 03:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Stock vs. Pal drive train

Originally posted by madjack
Question:

For those who have run the Cuda with Pal drive system. Do you find the need to use it in both Stock and Mod, or only when the low turn Mod are bolted in?

It has been my experence that the stock drive train is consistanly more free, however it takes some work to get the bearings from sliding, which of course leads to the replacment of a spur gear per race day

Info. as always is rewarded

thanks,

JC

PAL Drive System = peace of mind

-Dave
Old 06-12-2003, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I liked the stock drivetrain better for stock. It was a little freer and quieter, but I'm too lazy to change back and forth.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by DOTMAN
I liked the stock drivetrain better for stock. It was a little freer and quieter

I'll have to agree with you on that... ...but the offset is well worth it

-Dave
Old 06-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

Default help..

any set-up tips on a yokomo springs for a med. grip and open track ?? oil wt. is 35 front and rear. Im using ball diff, but can try oneway too.
Old 06-12-2003, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I'll have to agree with you on that... ...but the offset is well worth it

-Dave
Hey Dave,

I saw you have a lot of cudas on hand, do you might take a picture of your cuda family?
Old 06-12-2003, 09:57 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: help..

Originally posted by dyaz21
any set-up tips on a yokomo springs for a med. grip and open track ?? oil wt. is 35 front and rear. Im using ball diff, but can try oneway too.
Well...
here's a good starter for a open layout track

Yok' Yellows up front( or RaySpeed Reds )
1.0 deg camber
0 deg toe
lower most mount possition on c-hub
center (middle) tie rod position with 2mm spacer under the 5.8mm ball.

Yok' Pinks in the Rear ( or RaySpeed Whites )
1.5 deg camber
2.5 deg rear toe in
lower most mount possition on rear hub
center (middle) tie rod position.

this should be a very neutral set up for a open track.... I would use a tire like a 32R or 36R Sorex (or similar tire) with a HPI green inner..

Try this

-Dave
Old 06-12-2003, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by TRF-Powered
Hey Dave,

I saw you have a lot of cudas on hand, do you might take a picture of your cuda family?

I have a bunch of pic's Right now..but I'm on vaccation in the States right now and I'll be back in Japan on the 20th of this month So ...I'll post some shortly after that ...I know that I have been kind of lagging about posting some pic's

-Dave
Old 06-12-2003, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

I have a bunch of pic's Right now..but I'm on vaccation in the States right now and I'll be back in Japan on the 20th of this month So ...I'll post some shortly after that ...I know that I have been kind of lagging about posting some pic's

-Dave
no hurry! I would be willing to wait for the orange to be assembled! lol...right now the one with the tool set and the speed checker ones are sold out already....

I don't know why I keep ckecing alex's website... even though I know that I can't order it... lol... there is something about that orange color.... sooooo addicting... lol!
Old 06-12-2003, 10:32 PM
Tech Champion

I don't know why I keep ckecing alex's website... even though I know that I can't order it... lol... there is something about that orange color.... sooooo addicting... lol!

Come on now.. You know that you want it

BTW I just recived the two that I ordered so......I'l have to post pic's of that ORANGE limmitied one..too but I think that I will not drive it thought

-Dave
Old 06-12-2003, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Come on now.. You know that you want it

BTW I just recived the two that I ordered so......I'l have to post pic's of that ORANGE limmitied one..too but I think that I will not drive it thought

-Dave
Yeah I do want it.. but I can't have it! lol... well... I really want it because I have this thing with "limited edition" items. And also... this R2 is truly unique in color and chassis.... If i do buy it... I would end up buying two... one to run... and the other to sit on my RC collection shelf....

So far... I have only Tamiya Cars..... this is the first car that I set my eyes on besides a Tamiya.... but can't have it..... doesn't that just make it a lot more desirable?.. lol
Old 06-12-2003, 10:55 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah I do want it.. but I can't have it! lol... well... I really want it because I have this thing with "limited edition" items. And also... this R2 is truly unique in color and chassis.... If i do buy it... I would end up buying two... one to run... and the other to sit on my RC collection shelf....

So far... I have only Tamiya Cars..... this is the first car that I set my eyes on besides a Tamiya.... but can't have it..... doesn't that just make it a lot more desirable?.. lol
I hear ya

-Dave
Old 06-12-2003, 11:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hey fellow CUDA fans whats new?

Dave are you going to pop by SoCal this weekend to say hi, its the KO Grand Prix so we'll be there all weekend.

That Orange R2 is just the sweeetest thing isn't it. I'd like to campaign that thing year round, can't afford one though

KORacer your cars look awesome, I sure would like to try some of that Flap stuff

I'm working on a new setup "No Swaybars" Seems it has more steering and more grip on our funky little FishBowl called SoCal

1.4x5.25 front & Rear 50wt front 40wt rear. I have found even more corner speed with this setup lately, of course so has everyone else, the competition is scary fast in Pro Stock right now.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
Dave are you going to pop by SoCal this weekend to say hi, its the KO Grand Prix so we'll be there all weekend.

I'll be flying into LAX on Sunday..but in the later part of the day around 2PM ish ..I think think that I will be Stoping by to See Steve on Monday towards the 4~5pm time frame You ought to stop on by ...Besides if I would go to socal on Sunday I would need the Address and such....But I just need to know how long that race is going to last on that day

-Dave
Old 06-12-2003, 11:34 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up New Harder A-arms for the R2

Hey Guys some more new news from the Japan front for the R2

They have new "harder" Mid Span and Long Span A-arms that are now being sold for the R2 ..

Same price too

-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.