Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

wont be carving up the track at all this weekend. ill be up in mammoth until sunday night. im gonna bring my car up to the slopes tho so i can rebuild them esp my R3
Old 02-19-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hebiki
wont be carving up the track at all this weekend. ill be up in mammoth until sunday night. im gonna bring my car up to the slopes tho so i can rebuild them esp my R3
Man if i were you i wouldn't have any down time. I'd either be drunk or skiing. Probably both at the same time.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

That's cool, just remember to blow out the bearings after you run in the snow
Old 02-20-2004, 06:31 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by MikeR
I know i saw a Cuda- it had the copper painted body. He wasn't jumping as high as the tmax's but he was getting atleast 8ft of distance! I could see under the chassis when he was in the air
Maybe they didn't have to pay for their car so they don't care what happens to it... some people are just a few sandwiches short a full picnic...
Old 02-20-2004, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey MikeR,

Justin is correct... it was Airnate alright! I think you were goofed by the Barracuda sticker on his TC3 lid... (I think he wanted people to think that he was running a Barracuda instead... )... anyhow, here's the aftermath of that 8 feet jump (you won't see the massive ramp on the pic), after which he did a double double with only 3 tires... AMAZING!!!

-Ian
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-bigjump_aftermath.jpg  
Old 02-20-2004, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

long way to drive to rebuild your car... you might want to think about spending some quality time at Grumpy's after the day is done

and make sure to enjoy the view from Hangman's while your up top (nothing like a nice -45 degree shute to help you wake up in the morning)

John
Attached Thumbnails Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3-128hangmans.jpg  

Last edited by madjack; 02-20-2004 at 08:49 AM.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by eeyan
Hey MikeR,

Justin is correct... it was Airnate alright! I think you were goofed by the Barracuda sticker on his TC3 lid... (I think he wanted people to think that he was running a Barracuda instead... )... anyhow, here's the aftermath of that 8 feet jump (you won't see the massive ramp on the pic), after which he did a double double with only 3 tires... AMAZING!!!

-Ian
haha, I was making fun of Nate for running that ducttape body a couple weeks ago at SoCal.

The reason for the Barracuda decals is Alex hooked him up with the body.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by madjack
long way to drive to rebuild your car... you might want to think about spending some quality time at Grumpy's after the day is done

and make sure to enjoy the view from Hangman's while your up top (nothing like a nice -45 degree shute to help you wake up in the morning)

John
actually..thats our warm up run! hahaha at mammoth.. they have double black diamonds.. 60 degrees steep!
Old 02-20-2004, 09:51 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey MikeR,

-Ian
ahh, a TC3, well, he can have at it...jump all he wants.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey MikeR,

-Ian
AAhhh I see! The stickers did fool me. I felt so sorry for his car but now i don't feel so sorry Tell nate to lose the Cuda stickers and put on some B4 stickers! Great run by the way Eeyan.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
ahh, a TC3, well, he can have at it...jump all he wants.
thats kinda what i was thinking........
Old 02-20-2004, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by MikeR
Great run by the way Eeyan.
MikeR,

Coming from a TCS National Champ... that's really nice to hear... I just hope my luck continues...

-Ian
Old 02-20-2004, 05:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default Shock questions

When filling the shock body, how far up in the body do you fill??

When inserting the assembled cartridge I see that the piston is up against the cartridge, but how far do you screw the cartridge in as shown in step 4 of the instructions before moving on to step 5
When the shaft is depressed into the body in step 5, I see that its depressed a little more than halfway and there is some bleed off at the oring before moving on th step 6.

Then it looks like you lossen the bleeder screw and depress the shaft almost to the threads..

I just want to be sure im assembling and bleeding them off correctly....My first experience with bleeder type shocks

I'm gonna try to run Saturday night if possible

Thanks loads

Jim C
Old 02-20-2004, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Shock questions

Originally posted by JIMC
When filling the shock body, how far up in the body do you fill??

When inserting the assembled cartridge I see that the piston is up against the cartridge, but how far do you screw the cartridge in as shown in step 4 of the instructions before moving on to step 5
When the shaft is depressed into the body in step 5, I see that its depressed a little more than halfway and there is some bleed off at the oring before moving on th step 6.

Then it looks like you lossen the bleeder screw and depress the shaft almost to the threads..

I just want to be sure im assembling and bleeding them off correctly....My first experience with bleeder type shocks

I'm gonna try to run Saturday night if possible

Thanks loads

Jim C
good question. I can't build these shocks worth a darn myself, i might just get some red tamiya trf shocks.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

i think the Barracuda is gonna make the show at the Triple Crown at trackside coming up next weekend in stock rubber sedan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.