Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 12:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
It was mentioned on the Pro4 thread that the front arms are toed-in. for better mid and exit speed...and XXX-S is the same way...
Anybody here have tried that on their 'Cuda with the accemetric ball mounts?
I actually tried something like that on my Evo. Put a 3 degree block on the front in front of the arms to get them to sweep back. It definately brought more steering to the car because it had more weight over the front tires. It could be done on a Barracuda, but I dont know how much sweep back you could get with the eccentric balls..
Old 12-20-2003, 06:18 AM
Regional Moderator

Ko ..is gone to cario egypt you guys Have a Great Christmas and Happy New Year! talk to you guys late the 2nd .
Old 12-20-2003, 06:39 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ko Racer
Ko ..is gone to cario egypt you guys Have a Great Christmas and Happy New Year! talk to you guys late the 2nd .
If you get this, be careful and don't play around the pyramids.
Old 12-20-2003, 07:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Ko Racer
Have a safe trip Joseph
Old 12-20-2003, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Have a Happy Christmas KO, doubt it will be a white one
Old 12-20-2003, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Have a fun and safe trip KO....
don't be running up and down the Pyramids like a little boy.
and take some pics of you making sand Angles...
Old 12-20-2003, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

zgeist, Herm has pretty much hit it on the head there, I never adjust the diffs like my old TC3 diffs as it causes problems with compression of the nut as said,
I use an old board with 2 nails approx diff width apart, when I adjust the diff I do the screw up pinch tight, then check the diff by dropping onto the nails and spinning the gear, adjust by half a turn if loose, then a quarter turn as you get nearer the desired setting. When the diff is adjusted to my liking (normally just moves with a lot of pressure) its ready to be fitted in the car.

Hope that helps. Let us know how you get on....might make you change your mind about selling an awesome car!!
Old 12-20-2003, 08:47 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Race Report

Qualified 3rd for the A-main, had a chance to TQ but many brain farts prevented that in the 3rd heat but the main left us with 10 cars, a very technical track. Ran second for a while in the A-main, then into the lead b/c leader got into traffic and I went to the lead and never looked back. The 2 TC3 drivers fought it out and left me to walk away with an a main win for the Cuda...Nice finish after breaking the car before the first heat. Only change in the car was a 1.4 rear sway bar. Tried a 1.2 front at the same time but worked better with the rear only. Once again, the Cuda was a treat to drive. Hope this is another good sales plug for the car.
Old 12-20-2003, 10:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: Race Report

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Qualified 3rd for the A-main, had a chance to TQ but many brain farts prevented that in the 3rd heat but the main left us with 10 cars, a very technical track. Ran second for a while in the A-main, then into the lead b/c leader got into traffic and I went to the lead and never looked back. The 2 TC3 drivers fought it out and left me to walk away with an a main win for the Cuda...Nice finish after breaking the car before the first heat. Only change in the car was a 1.4 rear sway bar. Tried a 1.2 front at the same time but worked better with the rear only. Once again, the Cuda was a treat to drive. Hope this is another good sales plug for the car.
Sounds like you did really well... keep it up..
Old 12-21-2003, 12:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Good Job Heath! Congrats on the win!

I just finish up our last round of the F1 series at the tamiya track today, so hopefully that will leave me with more time to play with my Cuda.

Steve Wang
Old 12-21-2003, 12:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Toys for Tots Race

well since the other guy posted a race report... i'll post mine too..

i ran my cuda r2 with all the goodies i put into it last sunday at the toys for tots race. i TQ'ed the intermediate stock sedan with the cuda, boy that thing was quick. i was the only one that was able to do 17 laps. (15 laps in the second qualifying because of the rain.) to make it worse... i had a rock stuck in my drivetrain....

some guy came over.. his name was steve wang (you guys might have heard of him) and was generous enough to help me troubleshoot the problem. he basically fixed the problem and helped me free up the drivetrain even more! thanks for the help steve! maybe ill swing by and check that speedtechrc thing you run! hahhaha

cant wait for the make up race to see how much faster my cuda got after steve worked on it.

shameless plug time: if you ever have a chance.... run a barracuda and check out speedtech rc.. that steve wang guy runs a tight shop there and he knows his stuff when it comes to the cuda.
Old 12-21-2003, 05:53 AM
Regional Moderator

Yeah, Steve does a great job.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

roger that
Old 12-21-2003, 10:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The T4T race was a lot of fun, very unfortunate that it was rained out... I'm on a mission to run 23 laps in exp stock. I ran a 22 5.03, but I bobbled a couple times at the start... I should be able to pull off 23
Old 12-21-2003, 03:18 PM
Tech Regular

Nice to see you guys going so well over there and enjoying your racing too
No racing for me this weekend, too many sherbets saturday night to try and pilot any sort of vehicle on sunday

Roll on 2004, could be a very big year....time will tell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.