Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 04:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Blue, Black, & Purple..sorry no Red..
only Red speedo I know of is the Nostrom Dominator.
You knew I wanted red lol

I guess I'll just stick to my black GT7's
Old 11-24-2003, 04:34 PM
Regional Moderator

probably but not as soon as it gets released...don't want to make the same mistake twice. No rush to get one...so I'll wait til the Hara Edition comes out. or the Zombie Edition
MAN I hear you there I think that is one big issue with HPI
I hate !
Old 11-24-2003, 04:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
You knew I wanted red lol

I guess I'll just stick to my black GT7's
You can always try to dey it red. if red doesn't come our right..easy to turn it black. Spare GT7 cases can be purchased seperately...
Old 11-24-2003, 04:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

You can always try to dey it red. if red doesn't come our right..easy to turn it black. Spare GT7 cases can be purchased seperately...
Tried that in the past, just not gonna happen, I like the stealth look anyway

What do you guys think of the Tech Racing car that's coming to the states?
Old 11-24-2003, 04:46 PM
Regional Moderator

I had the MY02 and I thought it was a bit cheap made and the shock towers had some flex issues as a few other things. it was sold.
Old 11-24-2003, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

yea...mine is black as well..

That is cool that more Japanese cars are coming into the states. Haven't heard too much about the Tech cars...I hear they're very nice and performs well... the new version looks similar to Tamiya's new 415.
Old 11-24-2003, 04:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Dave has said that the MY-02R is the best belt drive car out there right now, so I can't wait to see what it's capable of...
Old 11-24-2003, 05:02 PM
Regional Moderator

Dave has said that the MY-02R is the best belt drive car out there right now, so I can't wait to see what it's capable of...

Im sure the MY02R is better then the first one. you always learn from the first one. and then make it better.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Ko Racer
Im sure the MY02R is better then the first one. you always learn from the first one. and then make it better.
except in the case of HPI
Old 11-24-2003, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Keyence looks a nice speedo, almost went for one myself although it's a little larger than I'd like, and as you say, with the buttons where they are it means you have to have the reciever on the servo no matter what
I'm more than happy with my MTroniks Cirrus though it's more compact, the setup button isn't overly sensitive and probably the biggest advantage for UK racers is it's fully waterproof

didn't have much fun tonight, stupidly slippy floor
Car was tail happy at the start of the nightbut it got better as the night went on, still required more concentration than normal to be fast though and I didn't have the concentration. I don't reccomend trying to drive in challenging conditions when your recovering from the flu I was around one and a half laps off the pace and ended up on pole in the B final
Decided to try out narrow mini pins for the last qualifier and the final, get them worn in for sunday. They seemed to have better cornering grip even though they were new but still suffered from not being able to get the power down on the long spikes. Should be good for the weekend, hopefully the hall won't be a slidey either, it should atleast get better by the end with more cars running on it, although that also means running slightly wide will be leathal as you'll keep on going wide
Had a little fun in the final, swapping positions a lot with a few cars, was much easier to follow another car and drive slightly tighter lines than it was to lead and try push to keep ahead. Actualy lost the lead on the second last lap then as we came to the loop on the last lap, very last corner the guy ahead went over hte road rail which lost his speed and had him needing to do a very tight 90degree turn to cross the line so I pipped him to it
Old 11-24-2003, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hermi, heres what ive picked up about wooden floors;
Avoid building your mini pins on rims less than 26mm wide. The tyre is stretched out and the sidewalls are thinner and the surface of the pins much flatter. Get inserts that fit really well and push the sidewalls and make the tread flatter still.
The stiffer the sidewalls the more responsive the wheels will feel and the less slack for the rubber to 'balloon' at speed.
Building mini pins on 24mm wheels makes the tread flabby.
Oh, and use GLUE! just because there isn't enough grip to pull the tyre off even when they aren't glued doesn't mean that it's OK not to glue the tyres on. Gluing the tyres on stiffens the sidewalls up compared to unglued tyres.
Old 11-24-2003, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Already using fairly wide 26mm wheels, infact the rears have a slight issue with rubbing on the turnbuckle links. The cars been great the last couple of weeks, just tonight there was a different dust level which upset the balance and I needed to try 21mm tyres anyway because they seem to be giving the two leaders a slight advantage over me. Now I've tried them I think I can catch up, just need the dust to be back to normal and my head actually connected to my hands for more than a few seconds at a time Learnt glue is needed, without it the tyres tend to come off a little, usualy worse some nights, which can cause all kinds of odd handling

I wish we ran on carpet though getting bored of stock motor speed and lack of grip, it's ok when there's some consistancey in the grip levels but still too slow. I like 19turn so much better, would also like to try some 1/12th scale racing, don't think there's anywhere in scotland that does it though
Old 11-24-2003, 07:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

We'll know before long, Steve should have them in a couple weeks...
Old 11-25-2003, 06:53 AM
Regional Moderator

We'll know before long, Steve should have them in a couple weeks...
Im sure you will have one before long and then whats next?
Old 11-25-2003, 09:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Im sure you will have one before long and then whats next?
I just might honestly, but only if I stick to modified. I got rid of the XXX-S because of the drivetrain resistance, I felt like I didn't have the power coming out of the corners, but honestly, I loved how the XXX-S drove...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.